Personality Cafe banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just on a thread talking about what ISTJs generally wear, and I thought the ESFJs have a completely different aesthetic. I generally make an effort to look nice before I leave the house, and I love pretty skirts and dresses. I gravitate towards a very traditional, feminine style. My friends and exes have described me as always looking put-together. I was wondering do other ESFJs dress similarly?

Do you care about fashion? Do you like to look put-together when you go out in public? What do you typically wear on a day at work/school or just around the house?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Oh I love this topic! Fashion is definitively something I care about. I don't "follow" fashion, i.e. read magazines, watch shows, etc., but I am normally the one people ask for advice, especially for a formal event, when it comes to what to wear.

It appears to be really stupid at face value, but every week at least once I'll wear a full suit. Not for an occasion, just because. If I'm not doing a workout until late or really early, I'll always wear a nice pair of dress pants, vest of some sort, most of the time a tie, and I'd say half the time I'll wear a blazer. If I'm in a rush I'll wear khakis with a nice polo, or nice pants (not dress pants), a button up shirt, and some kind of blazer. I've just always been a big fan of being well-dressed, and my outer appearance matters to me. Now, a lot of times, especially when I was younger, I'd catch a lot of flak for being well-dressed most of the time. Some accused me of having self esteem issues, etc. It's actually quite the contrary.

Whenever I step out into public, I don't think "what will make me look good / attractive?" I think "how will my appearance, the way I act, etc. reflect upon my loved ones and what I represent?" I dress well because I know that you can run into anyone at any time, and I always want to represent what I stand for and those that I love in the best way possible.

I don't go heavy on the jewelry, but I wear jewelry that is emblematic of something greater. I'll almost always have a cross on me, or something religious, and I'll swap out watches based on the occasion or to match whatever I'm wearing.

To sum it up, I always try to look put together, because I want everyone to always represent my loved ones and my ideals to the best of my abilities :)

·
Registered
547 Posts
My ESFJ boyfriend wears his favorite shirts until they get tatty....like, at one point a shirt even had holes in it, haha!

He wears a lot of half-length pants in the summer, and they've all got plaid patterns on them somewhere, but idk why.

He wears a lot of v-necks because he looks good in them and knows that.

He's also pretty good at matching most of the time, apart from once, when he was wearing a new expensive blue jacket his uncle bought him with maroon pants - he loved the jacket because it was new, but he loved the pants because of their colour so decided to forget about the matching. He didn't do it again because everyone reacted badly :eek:

Lastly though he really cares about his hair. He used to gel it everyday and be fixing it every hour or so until I told him I liked his hair without gel and he wears less of it today, but still makes sure it looks good :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.