Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kinds of traits do you go for in a significant other? What are turn ons/turn offs? Is there a certain MBTI type you seem to be drawn to? Are you looking for a long term commitment or perhaps something less serious?

·
Registered
929 Posts
If you're talking about a significant other, then definately something serious. I don't think i'd be able to express myself emotionally to someone i'm not sure i can trust. That ofcourse does not mean that she needs to be a very serious person, but i dont think serious people like me all that much anyways ;)

It's actually a pretty hard question, because i've proven myself to be very picky when it comes to girls :p

But the two things that value the most, and probably require in an so, are a sense of humor, and a good amount of tolerance. I once had a huge crush on a girl, until it turned out she couldn't stand asian people. Never in my life have i stopped crushing on someone that fast :p

Turn ons/Turn offs, do you mean like standard ones? or are you asking about something more specific?

·
Registered
155 Posts
I tend to get absorbed by ENFP's. They're just full of energy and they have an imagination about as warped and weird as mine.

Other than that, I tend to gravitate towards lean girls with an unusual but pretty face. It's hard to be any more specific than that though, as beyond that I need to get to knoww the girl on her own merits.

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
I think me and my SO would have to be very like minded and share the same interests. I also have to be able to be comfortable with them and trust them.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
For me it's definitely all about her views on life - how could I be happy with someone who loves parties and has to be surrounded by people all the time? Or someone who wouldn't appreciate sitting in a field watching animals? Or who's aim in life was to get to the top of the corporate ladder, dumping the children in childcare at the first opportunity? With these shared views in place I open up and trust people much quicker.

Ideally we would share some interests but not all, so we'd have some different experiences to talk about when we were together.

Types? Well the first thing in my list probably rules out most E's and the state of my room would scare many P's let alone J's... I'm not good at typing people but the only people I've had feelings for are "self diagnosed" INFP's. I keep meaning to have a browse of the other type forums to see what the types are like but haven't got round to it yet :blushed:

Physically there is only one natural thing I dislike - big lips. Other turn offs would include excessive make-up, daily use of hair straighteners before being able to leave the house and meaningless tattoos. Oh and random piercings are usually bad too... Basically natural is the best look :happy:

I don't see the point of short term relationships, either it's going to work and will last or it's not so no point starting. Of course it may not work, but thats what happens not what is looked for...

·
Registered
112 Posts
mmm.. i agree with the other posters in that i definately don't see the point in short term relationships. i guess i look for someone who's got their feet on the ground because their head is in the clouds :happy: i think this makes xNFP a prerequisite, heh.

but yeah, i need a dreamer, and a feeler, someone who can make me dream more and feel more :laughing:

·
Cafe Legend and MOTM Jan 2011
15,420 Posts
I just want someone I feel perfectly safe opening up to on every possible level, who is never cruel, respects my sensitivity and my eccentricity, values me for my creativity and my uniqueness, and is just as interested in deep bonding as I am. It would be nice if he were superior to me in areas that matter to me, better at things I consider myself good at, but humble enough to admire me for those things too so I won't feel unworthy or insecure with him. Ideally, he would accept me completely without trying to change me into anything else, but also wouldn't requiring me to remain stagnant or to avoid changing when I want to improve myself. He would be intelligent enough that I could talk to him about anything and he would understand, adding his own insights which would be relevant and non-accusatory. He would be comfortable with my uncommon values and lifestyle choices. He would be a vegan, or at least a vegetarian, perhaps nomadic, living outside of the system, a free creature, spontaneous and not disturbed by disorder. Maybe another INFP? *sigh* If only I could find an INFP male who hadn't been corrupted by the trauma of living in a hostile culture with rules that are opposed to his core sense of self, or by all of the rejection that goes along with such things. I hate this world for ruining all of the best men before I can find them.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
I'm looking for someone who's gonna roll alongside me, someone with the potential to just rock this world, shake it at its very foundation. :cool: Gotta laugh, gotta enjoy laugh. Gotta treat me right. I would prefer something solid and long-term.

·
Registered
4,393 Posts
Easy going, laid back, enjoys the simple things in life. Basically, someone like me. I can't really think of much else. As long as we understand each other and give each other what we need, I'm good.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I always dreamt that, ideally, my other half will be an INFP, a dreamer, and together we can spend our time in limbo building our dream world for eternity. Who cares if its not real? haha

·
Registered
321 Posts
I want someone who actually wants to be with me. No push and pull bullshit - it is boring and frustrating. It's either "you're with me or you're not." Indecisiveness can ruin relationships. It can really fuck people over.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Someone who doesn't easily complain. Someone who actually has their own opinion and simply not agreeing with others all the time. Someone who isn't quick to judge and is willing to admit of their mistakes. :blushed: I don't know if I like what I see a lot around me - people who complain a lot at simple things, those who always follow other people in making decisions without having a good reason of why they make such choices, people who don't even know this one person but at hearing upon them from their friends, they suddenly have a strong dislike for the person (I always think that we can't believe everything we hear or see), people too ignorant to admit they are wrong and just brush it off.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I want someone who actually wants to be with me. No push and pull bullshit - it is boring and frustrating. It's either "you're with me or you're not." Indecisiveness can ruin relationships. It can really fuck people over.
I somewhat disagree with your push-pull comment. I think it's nice to have some sort of dynamic in a relationship. Of course, someone who is head over heals for you one day, and the next day couldn't be bothered, is taking it WAY too far, but taking the initiative one day, and letting the SO taking the initiative the next day, can be an interesting dynamic IMO as far as it doesn't turn into mind games or anything.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I looked for someone who was strong emotionally, with a good character. Someone who has personal guidelines. A person I could have long conversations with about topics like history and travel. I found those things in my INTJ husband.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I would like someone who can actually let themselves trust me entirely - because I can say with the utmost confidence that I will keep all of your secrets a secret, and I will never betray you. I absolutely cannot do that to somebody, no matter if they do it to me.

I am loyal to an extreme point, and I can't be with someone who can't trust me.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I seem to be attracted to power, men that have important jobs, or are very popular. I am just the opposite of that, and it is a very big probem in long term relationships. I have no trouble getting involved with these types but I soon turn very argumentative I have found that each of the 3 people I have chidren by are of the same type in general and I have trouble dealing with ppl that control me, but I always find those types

·
Banned
1,987 Posts
I agree with behoopd -- trust is very important. I have to be able to trust you, and especially trust you not to judge me. If you can trust me, then that's where things really can be great.

Generally, what else I look for is this: brains, depth (emotional), potential for humor, and attractiveness. If they have an open mind as well, in addition to some of these other traits, chances are good that I will really like you then lol. Girls who are comfortable with themselves and aren't neurotic about being perfect really I find attractive. Big turn-offs for me are girls who are extremely loud and unconscientious of others' feelings, don't care about anything or anybody, and try to argue all the time, trying to prove how "smart" they are.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Hmmm lets see,

Someone that can relate to me on a spiritual level............
She must be willing to go through the good times and bad times as well.............
Can deal with the fact that just because I'm not around her 24/7 and hanging on her pants legs doesn't mean I love you any less................
She has to like or at least have a slight interest in MMA and Martial Arts even better if she is training.............
Has to believe that violence is sometimes necessary.......I can not be with a pacifist it just wouldn't work

1 - 20 of 23 Posts