Personality Cafe banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I lurk around most of the forums, but I have almost never seen ENFP, INTP relations brought up. I just want to know what you guys think of us. I find you guys somewhat alien, yet very relatable at the same time. Is that a mutual feeling? I know 5 ENFP's in real life, and while 2 of them are dear friends of mine, the other 3 hate me with a burning passion for reasons that I have never fully understood. Anyways, I'd love some perspective here. How do see us is as different from INTJ's. Once again, I'd be interested to find out. Thanks for your time.

·
World's biggest INTJ fangirl
2,314 Posts
You guys are pretty rare - rarer still in public lol. I have an INTP cousin who lives on the other side of the country and I love him to bits. It's a pity I don't get to see him much, but when we do get to catch up it's pretty fun. He is super quiet, but he loves to add to my crazy Ne while questioning it at the same time. I think he finds ENFPs rather quirky (there are 3 ENFPs in my family all of which are female). He is pretty chill and relaxed - I guess some people can take that as aloofness but he is actually very genuine. We keep in touch via facebook mainly.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
I work very closely with one INTP (as I would type him); we work very well well together. He's bright, loves arguing concepts, essentially inhales all sorts of information/ideas with great ease. However, never and nor will be a romantic relationship. Brotherly affection and collegial appreciation;definitely. Good work friends. I work with several other INTPs (again, I judge them as such).

Sorry, no great relationship stories. I love the way their brains work; love working with them. Never been particularly attracted to them. But, I suspect, that reflects me rather than any specific ENTP-INTP dynamic.

Reactions: yet another intj

·
Registered
9,800 Posts
I'm too lazy to describe the difference between INTJ/INTP, so i'll keep it short. I love INTP's, they are my second favorite type. I work with INTP's, we get along fantastic. I think we get on each others nerves at times, but we relate and understand one another. If i hadn't of hooked up with an INTJ, i'm pretty sure i would have ended up with a delicious INTP. Sorry couldn't be much help here.

·
Registered
770 Posts
The INTP I know is one of the most kind, generous, and brilliant people I have ever met. I don't feel attraction towards him as he is married to a cousin of mine, but I do enjoy spending time with him. He's so loyal, and really wants what's best for the people in his life. He gets done what needs to be done with no complaints.

He knows so much about certain topics that it blows me away. When he unloads all of his information about some political or economic theory on me, it is positively exhausting! I tend to be attracted to more feely guys, but I can see what my cousin sees in him. She doesn't mind the information dumping, maybe because she doesn't try to follow it as much as I do when I'm listening to people.

·
Banned
4,611 Posts
A smart INTP's brain makes for amazing spelunking. Seriously, a conversation with a smart INTP who shares interests with me = :laughing:

Considering that a mental connection is the main thing that attracts me to a person, yeah, I've certainly crushed on INTPs. Inferior Fe can lead to hot-and-cold, on-and-off, here-and-there relations, which is difficult to deal with in a relationship, though.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Considering that a mental connection is the main thing that attracts me to a person, yeah, I've certainly crushed on INTPs. Inferior Fe can lead to hot-and-cold, on-and-off, here-and-there relations, which is difficult to deal with in a relationship, though.
Oh yeah, I feel ya on that one. I need more of a constant stream of love and affection as well. It works so well for my ENTJ cousin. She and her INTP seem to be on the same emotional wavelength.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
I can't think of an INTP that I've personally disliked, whereas my experience with a few INTJs leads me to either like them or dislike them very quickly, typically leaning more towards the latter (depending largely on our beliefs). I don't know the exact reasons for this, but it seems to be that if you disagree with an INTJ's beliefs or ideas you will quickly find yourself in an intellectual boxing match with a very stubborn and forceful, black-and-white minded bulldog. The kind of person you love to have on your side and hate to come up against, and while they're admirable, they're the kind of person I rarely get along with on a personal level.

INTPs to me come across a lot less forceful than INTJs, and more impersonal in discussion; even when they are in disagreement with you they seem to be more interested in winning you over with a counter argument than condemning you and beating you down until you give in. My experience with INTPs is that they are great people if you get to know them, which, admittedly, can be difficult as they seem to be ivory tower people (which is probably why I know less INTPs, maybe they are rarer too). I absolutely love the abstract minds that INTPs have, they're delicious, and arguably more knowledgeable overall than INTJs; probably even (on average) the most intelligent of all the types. With INTPs I feel I can have an argument or debate with them, disagree strongly and at the end of the day still be very good friends with them on a personal level.

I know many more INTJs than I do INTPs, I know both INTJ men and women and I'm only friends with one of them. I know a few INTPs and always love talking with them, sadly I haven't met an INTP woman yet and I'm guessing would absolutely love the experience :laughing:. I've never been interested in a romantic relationship with the INTJ women I've met, and while I like INTPs more, I doubt I would pursue a long term romantic relationship with an INTP either.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts