Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
5,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you look at something, what do you see? Not just the sight itself but what you can observe about whatever it is you look at. What feelings does it bring up in you if any?

You can list anything you deem relevant, such as another person, a flower, a landscape, etc. This is supposed to be fairly open-ended so lemme know what you come up with and what you really see.

And as always please list both your MBTI type AND your Enneagram type, thanks:wink:

·
Registered
647 Posts
ISTJ, enneagram 5 (wings unknown)

Usually, I see color, function, and shape. Ex: My mass market paperback of the Hobbit is orange and it's meant to be read. The shelf is black and holds X many number of books.

Visual stuff alone doesn't make me feel very much. I'm also a terrible decorator and a packrat, so mismatched surroundings, extreme color clashes and clutter don't bother me.

Of these, my strongest preference is shape.

·
Registered
695 Posts
ISFJ, have not taken Enneagram test yet

For objects, I tend to see little details. I've loved drawing for a long time, and I've found that I just get caught up in the little details - the curve and little kinks of that branch, the crossing over of the leaves to create even more shapes from the sunlight shining through and making them translucent, the way light reflects off interesting surfaces. I'm entranced by the beauty all around and can be utterly satisfied for long periods of time if I am in the right mood for it.

For people, it depends on whether or not I know them. For my friends/acquaintances, I tend not to see much beyond the gestalt of what feelings they give me and how I perceive them to feel and why I believe they act the way that they do. For the subjects of my people-watching, I often look at their clothing and body language.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts