Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
5,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you look at something, what do you see? Not just the sight itself but what you can observe about whatever it is you look at. What feelings does it bring up in you if any?

You can list anything you deem relevant, such as another person, a flower, a landscape, etc. This is supposed to be fairly open-ended so lemme know what you come up with and what you really see.

And as always please list both your MBTI type AND your Enneagram type, thanks:wink:

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
I'm a sucker for beautiful landscapes, I love to take in the different shades of colours, observe how they blend together, the different shapes, and just the general beauty of it all. It usually gives me a sense of inner peace to be out in nature like that. My favourite place is a forest literally right next to my house, everything feels so peaceful in there. Especially when it's been raining, because then you get that lovely smell of damp leaves and the sound of the river flowing faster than usual.

If I've been to a place before or it reminds me of somewhere I've been before, it gives me a sense of nostalgia too, and that makes the experience even better.

Oh, and I'm an ISFP Type 6.

Reactions: Kat91

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
When I look at someone I "see" how we've interacted. I remember conversations and texts and emails.
I see little things like a a slight change in their stride, a change in tone of voice, the look of their eyes when something's wrong. I just notice these things. idk why
ISTP - 7

·
Registered
75 Posts
It is more natural for me to focus my sight. I try to look at the things that are logical for me to look at. When I enter a room or go around a corner I look around the corner(s) to make sure no one bumps against me. When talking to people, I look for body language (mostly from the eyes). Only when I know there is no possibility of me colliding into something and I've judged the people around me as "safe", I feel free to look at the things I find beautiful or interesting, like landscapes, trees, animals and buildings.

I am experimenting with different ways of seeing though. When I want to see the bigger picture I store things I've seen in my visual memory and predict movements with this information. I think this is a part of Ni. Other times, when I feel more social, I try to see things holistically. I don't look at people anymore, but I look at groups instead. When I want to talk to people of that group I must also literally see myself as a group member, to create that non-threatening vibe. (I see the new group = old group + myself.) I think it worked so far.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts