Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do answer. Is it about looks, intelligence, money or loyalty? Or is it about kindness, humor, understanding and connection? Which one do you prefer, someone who has looks but no brains, or someone who is smart but is very ugly?

·
Banned
5,394 Posts
I'm not going to lie, I have to be attracted to somebody in order to want to date them, I am human after all. They don't have to be some kind of ten or anything like that, but they have to qualify for what I call "cute" though.

Intelligence wise, meh... they don't have to be smart but they can't be dumb is what I generally say.

Personality wise, that's what I'm looking for most of all. I really want someone who is kind, sweet, and gentle. Someone who is inquisitive and when I say that I mean someone who isn't satisfied with the answer "cuz". Somebody who wants to know who I am and will love me.

EDIT: ahh yes, nearly forgot; I really want chemistry most of all. Chemistry and understanding would be my top two with looks coming in third.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Reactions: L

·
Premium Member
6,856 Posts
I think looks and brains go hand in hand. The last few men I've liked had great personalities and very little in the looks department. No matter how much I enjoyed their brains, the inability to connect physically made it very difficult to pursue a relationship.

·
Banned
5,394 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
I prefer the term "significant other" or "beau" (or "bo"--however you spell it.) I like the sweet, sensitive types that can think about interesting things to talk about whether it's anything that's deep or anything out of imagination. Someone that can make me laugh, is passionate, determined, outgoing, understanding, and loyal.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Personally, I wouldn't have made a "selection" by comparing virtues and vices of different "candidates".

Rather, I think it was the sequence of events that brought us together and made us interact in a certain way that made me... "choose" her.

But I really don't think that judging the virtues and vices of a person had ever been an important factor (for me) to fall in love with someone.

·
Registered
INFJ-A
95 Posts
Personality, connection, similar values/views, and common interests (a main interest or two) are the most important to me, when choosing a partner. Background, location, and education count less to me. Looks matter to a certain degree too, although it's not the most important thing; just to be acceptable to my standards (what i consider to be cute/attractive). Attractivenss is important, because it's usually what makes me interested to get to know that person on a deeper level.

The basic qualities i look for in a partner are these: to be loyal, respectful, honest/trustworthy, with good manners, kind, romantic/gentle, understanding, empathetic, open, wise (rather life-smart than book-smart), with a good sense of humor, creative. From the physical point of view, i prefer a partner who keeps his body in shape (athletic), who has a cute smile, dark hair and/or dark-skinned.

·
Banned
3,025 Posts
Someone who can understand me, and not simply perceive on a cognitive level. Someone whose essence is the same as mine, and who can offer me as much substance as I can offer them. Someone who does not simply learn from me, but can also teach. Someone who, like me, seeks to be as unfettered from external limitations as they possibly can, and whose greatest desire is to fully realize themselves, in mind, body, spirit, and deed. Someone who would be able to walk down that path with me, not as a follower, but as a fellow traveler.

People are incredibly disappointing.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I seek different things in a partner.

First she should be beautiful: she should have healthy and curvy body and a pretty face. Physical beauty is common, it's nothing special... but I like big butts and I cannot lie! You other brothers can't deny!

Secondly, she should have style: I want self-confident (non-verbal) communication, a way of dressing I find cool or cute, and a shared interest in activities and conversational topics. As long as I can enjoy myself when I'm with her, I want to be with her.

Finally, we should have an emotional connection: I want a partner a partner that inspires me and who I can inspire. I want to make her feel good and I want her to make me feel good. This is very hard to find, so I'll definitely treasure a woman like that.

·
Registered
4,320 Posts
Give me a cute ENTP or ENTJ with similar theological beliefs and we should have loads of fun. Obviously, I would be more laid back and not the most extroverted in environments requiring it, but someone capable of getting me around people from time to time is acceptable/preferred. I've had enough of trying to date SF's for a little while.

·
Registered
145 Posts
honest answer ^^
looks, loyalty and caring...
the rest i think can come later.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Oh, I forgot to add this: she's got to be good in the sack. If she has good head-eye coordination, she's a keeper!

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
Do answer. Is it about looks, intelligence, money or loyalty? Or is it about kindness, humor, understanding and connection? Which one do you prefer, someone who has looks but no brains, or someone who is smart but is very ugly?
I rather my partner be honest, trustworthy, respectful, loyal, funny, outgoing, intelligent, intuitive, passionate, romantic and sensual...

·
Registered
297 Posts
physically
- I love long or mid-long hair
- Ash blond, red or black hair
- Really light and bright eyes (blue,green,grey)
- Not too muscular
-Rare physical attributes (high cheekbones, thick lips,...)

Mental

-Intelligent
-True
-INF/T..J/P or ENF/T..J/P I'm more attracted to N types. S types drive me crazy >.<
-Wierd (but the good kind of wierd like johnney depp, house md and spencer reid)
-Honest and loyal
-Deep
-Romantic
and extra
-Artsy :p

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.