Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you're lying in bed trying to fall asleep, what do you think about?
For me I would have to say past, current or future relationships. :tongue: Not necessarily a romantic one, but with my friends or family too. Unless I have a problem that makes me anxious, then I'm unwillingly devoting all my time to it.:bored:

·
Registered
47 Posts
I imagine some monsters coming towards me, rushing on me and my friends and I stay in front of them and push them away with my amazing fire powers ! Or just a romantic history with a girl.

·
Premium Member
15,456 Posts
Not too much really. Sleeping is not a problem for either myself or husband. Occasionally I'll set my iPod radio to play for 15the minutes either music or talk radio but I usually fall asleep before the 15 minutes are up.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not too much really. Sleeping is not a problem for either myself or husband. Occasionally I'll set my iPod radio to play for 15the minutes either music or talk radio but I usually fall asleep before the 15 minutes are up.
What. Sometimes, I can take up to 1-2 hours to fall asleep. :shocked:

I love this site's smileys.

·
Premium Member
15,456 Posts
I swear I can't even imagine. While I'm here I want to say husband and I recently bought a new King Night Therapy bed. I have never in my life been on such a fantastic bed in all my life. Night Therapy..... if you ever see one in the store try it out.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I have this little trick when I'm laying in bed and I can't sleep:

I close my eyes and imagine locations of my childhood, vague memories of places I've been. (Preferably a comforting memory) I go really in detail with it and I try to recall as many details as I can about a place. For example, I imagine walking through my childhood best friend's house. I start with trying to remember what color the front of the house was, what the front door looked like, what it smelled like as you walk through the door, what color the carpet was and what was in the closet. I walk through every single room and paint each and every corner of the house with my memory that I can, with color, objects, people, furniture, space, and I will find myself recalling little details I had long forgotten, as if these details had been buried in the dirt of my mind and I am bringing them to the surface.

(Is this Si?)

I find that this exercise can take a lot of time to complete. You don't realize how much there is to remember. And it usually demands a type of mental energy that eventually leads to me being swept up into sleep.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Lately? SHADOW PEOPLE. Creepy, creepy shadow people. I'm serious, @Promethea scarred me forever with that post in the shadow man thread. At night I'm paranoid one's gonna appear by my bedside and start staring at me with his faceless-void head thing. And then I'm gonna have to jump through him to get to the door. Not a good visual. A scary visual! Scary!

But you know, usually I don't think about anything. I drift into sleep pretty fast, and if I'm thinking too much I'll make myself stop thinking and I'll focus on my breathing. It works pretty well for being so simple.

·
Registered
78 Posts
When I'm trying to fall asleep I'll most likely think:

-About some sort of crazy daydream. =p

-About past/future occurrences.

or

-About a girl.

Reactions: mimisea

·
Banned
14,865 Posts
Lately? SHADOW PEOPLE. Creepy, creepy shadow people. I'm serious, @Promethea scarred me forever with that post in the shadow man thread. At night I'm paranoid one's gonna appear by my bedside and start staring at me with his faceless-void head thing. And then I'm gonna have to jump through him to get to the door. Not a good visual. A scary visual! Scary!

But you know, usually I don't think about anything. I drift into sleep pretty fast, and if I'm thinking too much I'll make myself stop thinking and I'll focus on my breathing. It works pretty well for being so simple.
Lol.. I'm sorry. They won't hurt you though, and if you haven't seen any around, you probably won't. I do one thing.. before I move to a new place, I just ask to see if theres any paranormal stuff going on because its fun to visit a place like that but not fun to sleep in one. And I have nothing to worry about.

Reactions: kyliecarefree

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Lol.. I'm sorry. They won't hurt you though, and if you haven't seen any around, you probably won't. I do one thing.. before I move to a new place, I just ask to see if theres any paranormal stuff going on because its fun to visit a place like that but not fun to sleep in one. And I have nothing to worry about.
It's all in our heads ;)

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
With all do respect Promethea, the only evidence around paranormal activity I have seen is the evidence that people aren't telling the truth. By saying it's all in our heads I mean that science can't necessarily explain everything we experience, but science has proven that we delude ourselves for various reasons.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I recall things from my day and wonder if I were a master of time if I would go back and change anything. If something good is going to happen I think about the following day. I fall asleep very quickly so this doesn't go on for too long.

·
Banned
14,865 Posts
With all do respect Promethea, the only evidence around paranormal activity I have seen is the evidence that people aren't telling the truth. By saying it's all in our heads I mean that science can't necessarily explain everything we experience, but science has proven that we delude ourselves for various reasons.
Just shush and have nightmares about the img I posted mkay? ; P

·
MOTM Dec 2012
12,239 Posts
I have this little trick when I'm laying in bed and I can't sleep:

I close my eyes and imagine locations of my childhood, vague memories of places I've been. (Preferably a comforting memory) I go really in detail with it and I try to recall as many details as I can about a place. For example, I imagine walking through my childhood best friend's house. I start with trying to remember what color the front of the house was, what the front door looked like, what it smelled like as you walk through the door, what color the carpet was and what was in the closet. I walk through every single room and paint each and every corner of the house with my memory that I can, with color, objects, people, furniture, space, and I will find myself recalling little details I had long forgotten, as if these details had been buried in the dirt of my mind and I am bringing them to the surface.

(Is this Si?)

I find that this exercise can take a lot of time to complete. You don't realize how much there is to remember. And it usually demands a type of mental energy that eventually leads to me being swept up into sleep.
Nice trick ONSD :)

1 - 20 of 53 Posts