Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Mostly analyzing one thing or another: something I watched before going to bed, something I read or something that doesn't usually happens that occurred that day. If I concentrate on it then yes it does keep me awake but if it is just a general thought in my head and I am tired then I fall asleep easily. Yet, sometimes I do sense like my mind is still working on it and when I wake up again I either still have it on my mind or I have more information linked to the topic...haha Ni.

·
PerC Mermaid
23,481 Posts
I notice how busy my brain is everytime I go to sleep. It gets stuck with some conversation I´ve had during the day or some event, that I need, for some reason, to disect away....understand better maybe or just make sense *shrugs*
The thing is that, I always find myself asking to my brain !to shut up!!" or I´d be awake all night :)

·
Registered
337 Posts
I typically spend my time before sleep going over everything that happened that day. I specifically fixate on any conversations that I had that day, especially if I deem them important. Does it keep me up at night? I don't know. I have insomnia, and I use the time I'm awake to think. I don't really know why I can't sleep, it might be because I think too much, or it might be because of something else entirely.

·
MOTM January 2013
10,639 Posts
Everything and anything. I think this has quite a lot to do with me being an E6 though. I usually worry about if I said the wrong thing to someone, my mind will brood for hours about it. I will worry about the next time I see this person and how I am going to approach them. It happened to me yesterday as I am staying with my partners parents at the moment. Some very bad conversation happened, a can of worms was opened, it drove me crazy with anxiety way after I went to bed and just need reassurance from my partner that it was to be okay. Still a bit awkward this morning but I think its mostly blown over. But in general, my mind analyses everything, over and over until I am frazzled :confused:
The last few years I have been doing this technique when I am in bed where I tense every part of my body, starting from my feet and work my way up to every facial muscle and release one at a time whilst doing these deep breaths where the inhale in shorter than the exhale. It works well in that it distracts me, gets rid of the excess oxygen in my system which too much is responsible for giving panic attacks. I get to sleep much better this way.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
So much stuff... last night, there was an argument going on in my brain, although I can't remember what it was about. (Sometimes I think I might have multiple personalities.) I couldn't sleep for it; it was like trying to sleep when there are people yelling at each other outside your window, even though you can't really tell what they're saying. So, I'm pretty tired this morning.

·
MOTM July 2012
8,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nothing. I read or watch TV until I'm so tired that I fall asleep instantly. Whatever is on my mind before that is said book or show.
funny, i do something along this line too - usually stay up until i'm so sleepy i can't possibly stay awake or can hardly hold my head up any longer, and then go to bed...so essentially there is no time lying in bed thinking about anything. :)

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
I think about all kinds of things. All the same things I think about during the day, although I do try and think think happier thoughts than usual because I want to go to sleep easily. It usually takes me a good while to get to sleep.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
I don't even know, most nights, lol. But yes it certainly keeps me up.

Do any INFJs listen to music in bed before falling asleep? It doesn't always work for me, but it's something I can focus my thoughts on and, ideally, use to ease myself into sleepiness. The only issue is falling asleep with headphones on hurts your ears/neck x.x

·
Banned
3,725 Posts
I don't even know, most nights, lol. But yes it certainly keeps me up.

Do any INFJs listen to music in bed before falling asleep? It doesn't always work for me, but it's something I can focus my thoughts on and, ideally, use to ease myself into sleepiness. The only issue is falling asleep with headphones on hurts your ears/neck x.x
I listen to heavy metal before going to sleep. It's my good night lullaby sort to speak:tongue:

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
I don't really think too much either I just stay awake until I fall asleep. Sometimes I don't remember falling asleep and I just wake up fully dressed and confused.

·
PerC Mermaid
23,481 Posts
Do any INFJs listen to music in bed before falling asleep?
If I do that, I would probably get stuck thinking about the singer/writer of the song and think things like "what leads to a person to write such a beautiful song? what was she/he feeling? was she/he hurt? happy?" or I would focuss on what that song makes me feel and then my brain would be full of music and thoughts lol I would never fell asleep that way lol

I can hear to the ocean from my bed, that helps me a lot to shut my brain off and relax :)

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
I listen to heavy metal before going to sleep. It's my good night lullaby sort to speak:tongue:
Ah, excellent choice. Though I don't listen to traditional heavy metal, thrash, etc (my day time listening and makes me too happy/energized), bands with really sprawling song structures and atmosphere are my favourite at night (Summoning, Opeth, Isis etc ^_^).

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
I usually think about philosophical/theological things. I think of all sorts of abstract concepts and theories about existence and my own thoughts or opinions about the topics. I'll end up having monologue in my head, like I am writing a paper or giving a seminar on the subject. Sometimes I get aggravated because I think that I come up with my very best ideas while I am going to sleep and I don't get a chance to write them down and won't remember them in the morning..Othertimes, I'm so drowsy that my thoughts end up just being rambling jibberish. And sometimes it seems like a brilliant thought at the time, but if I can remember it when I wake up, I have to laugh because i just sound like a quack! :p

·
Registered
INFJ 6w5, 1w2, 2w1 Sx/Sp
10,477 Posts
I used to listen to classical music (on a CD made for reading) when sleeping. It was very soothing music and made me feel peaceful. It put me right to sleep but soon enough, I became bored/annoyed with it and couldn't stand to listen to it any longer.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts