Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you go to clubs etc? I never have gone to a single club ever, my fam never ask me to go anywhere, as I turned them down so much and they know i simply dont care.

but i wonder, what do you all think about such things? (my friends dont typically ever go to such places).

·
MOTM August 2012
3,467 Posts
I was a big club guy but always more of an observer. I found I would get energized by the atmosphere and the energy, but could get bored and tired quickly. Not really there for the music or people specifically (the club crowd can be annoying).

I think its a Se thing with me.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I went to clubs a lot when I was in high school and college but that was more of a social pressure. Now I rarely go. Every time I go, I would have guys all over me wanting to buy me drinks and grab my ass. No wonder why I'm still single O.O

·
Banned
627 Posts
I went to a cuban club once. That was fun. I always wanted to go to a hip-hop club, however I was never confident enough to go and make a fool of myself. A five year old who dance off beat is cute. A 22 year old who dance off beat isn't so cute...And I'm african american. it's expected of me to know how to dance. I can dance; I just get nervous..except when I'm alone dancing.

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I went to a cuban club once. That was fun. I always wanted to go to a hip-hop club, however I was never confident enough to go and make a fool of myself. A five year old who dance off beat is cute. A 22 year old who dance off beat isn't so cute...And I'm african american. it's expected of me to know how to dance. I can dance; I just get nervous..except when I'm alone dancing.
Haha I laughed at the part about being African American and being expected to know how to dance XD lol! I'm black too, but I don't dance either. When I was a kid I was like a supreme dancer, I was known for it. But then that all changed and I didnt do it anymore. but I dont go for that reason, mainly because the whole atmosphere I don't like it.

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I went to clubs a lot when I was in high school and college but that was more of a social pressure. Now I rarely go. Every time I go, I would have guys all over me wanting to buy me drinks and grab my ass. No wonder why I'm still single O.O
sounds like a wolves stalking prey... o_O

·
MOTM August 2012
3,467 Posts
You know I was a bit of a club connoisseur when I was younger and in college. Made a point to check out one place in every town I visited if I could. I find clubs really intriguing places I just can't stand the people (bouncers and shot girls included). It's like ESFP/ESTP overload. I'm also glad I'm not female because it definitely is a wolf/prey dynamic.

That being said, there are some clubs that are just amazing places and I think people are really missing out by not getting to experience the atmosphere. Some of the places in Las Vegas like Tryst at Wynn with the waterfall are really cool. Some of the architecture is downright stunning and very chic and cool. I also love to see a good light show or hear the sound systems. One club in Cancun called "The City" was like being in the middle of a Cirque du Soleil show complete with acrobats and aerial stunt performers and a floating dance floor. The theatrical nature of top tier clubs can be really cool. There are few places you can see stuff like that, but I definitely like to find a corner and just take it all in rather than be a participant, I don't think I'd ever go to a club to actually dance. I'd usually just hang out with friends and enjoy the vibe.

For me it's a way to kind of get lost in my inferior-Se without having to actually do anything. I can just become one with the environment .I work in Hollywood so I'm always really intrigued with what entertains people and how people react to certain stimuli. Clubs are great environments to people watch and learn what crowds react to. But with the good comes the bad -- the people, too loud and too drunk, too pretentious, too easily wowed by unimpressive things. But (and I know this is so anti-INFJ) if given a choice between sitting in some dive bar playing darts or pool (especially those with the weird hipster ENFP chicks dancing to their own beat who never bathe or shave) versus experiencing the atmosphere of a top club I'd rather go to the club (plus my Ni+Fe has made me pretty good at getting around all the nonsense of door entry, cover, etc.).

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
I love to dance. Would actually like to be able to go to a club once in a while with a friend/friends who like to dance as well, but haven't come across that sort of person yet.

I don't like going to a club just to stand around, drink and chat. Few people have a decent conversation in those places. I also don't like that it's a meatmarket, and get quickly bored with the posery and fakery. And random aggressive incidents and out of control drunk people... don't like that much.

But I love to dance. I do it at home but it's not the same, the music doesn't surround in the same way and I do like the feeling of dancing within a crowd of people who are all loving the music too. When there's a good vibe going with everyone dancing, just happy and not feeling the slightest bit self-conscious, it's an amazing feeling.

Reactions: Macrosapien

·
Banned
379 Posts
i partied A LOT in my younger days, especially during college, but developed a serious problem with drugs and alcohol, using it to fit in, etc. a word of caution to younger INFJ's. the pressure is there and it definitely pushed me to lose myself. never a good thing for an INFJ. gotta find that balance between inner self/authenticity and connecting with others/fitting in.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Never will and never wanted too. Unless you planned on paying me money, it's a great motivator of mine.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
I like the music and atmosphere sometimes, but it's usually just not worth it given the lines, the crowds and the expensive drinks.

And I have trouble having a decent conversation in a club--so no.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
I think it follows my philosophy with taking turns when there is plenty of time to do so while driving:

If you're going to go then go. If not, sit and wait for the next opportunity.

·
Registered
651 Posts
I went to clubs because I thought I would be considered cool, until I realized you weren't but just a degenerate who can't think up better, more constructive things to do on a fri/sat night

I almost feel ashamed for associating myself with that scene, in fact I do. I remember once being drunk and sobering up in a club. Stepping onto the street it was about 4am and I now noticed all the drop kicks of society walking around, scumming it up. I ran into the middle of the road and forcibly stopped an off-duty cab. He said "whats up", and i begged him to "take me out of this shithole", he laughed and did just so (srs)

1 - 20 of 43 Posts