Personality Cafe banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For instance, if you share the same core values, have slight disagreements but have fun doing activities together and share the same interests in music/art and intellectual thoughts...what do you actually think about INFJ's?

·
Registered
593 Posts
Well considering what I've read about your situation with your ESTJ ladyfriend, I'd say any advice you get here is too little, too late. You got to be straight with her and hope you haven't put yourself up shit creek without a paddle sending her 'you're welcome' flowers...

I couldn't date an INFJ, certainly not a male one. All the ones I've met I've found pretty much insufferable after a short time of knowing them, and unfortunately many of them have treated their girlfriends like absolute trash. Maybe they get better after their 30s? I know a few who are significantly older than me that seem to have outgrown the weird disingenuous terrible-at-manipulating-but-thinks-they're-godlike stuff.

ENFJs don't give me that same vibe at all, they're pretty malleable and fun... difficult to have any amount of 'meaningful' conversation with, but I find that with all high-Fe users. That said, I have ENFJ and ESFJ best friends. It's workable, certainly.

I will say that it's a pretty generalizable fact that Fi users don't like the typical 'platitudes' and gifts like flowers, chocolates on Valentine's day, etc. Some STJs will, I imagine, if they grew up with it and made it meaningful with Si, but otherwise it tends to rub us the wrong way. I know Fe users, particularly Fe-doms, love that stuff, but it just seems like one more of those things 'anyone can do', whereas when I want a sign of love or affection I want something only that person could do. Inside jokes, nostalgic things, reminders of fun times we've had, etc. Personal stuff.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well considering what I've read about your situation with your ESTJ ladyfriend, I'd say any advice you get here is too little, too late. You got to be straight with her and hope you haven't put yourself up shit creek without a paddle sending her 'you're welcome' flowers...

I couldn't date an INFJ, certainly not a male one. All the ones I've met I've found pretty much insufferable after a short time of knowing them, and unfortunately many of them have treated their girlfriends like absolute trash. Maybe they get better after their 30s? I know a few who are significantly older than me that seem to have outgrown the weird disingenuous terrible-at-manipulating-but-thinks-they're-godlike stuff.

ENFJs don't give me that same vibe at all, they're pretty malleable and fun... difficult to have any amount of 'meaningful' conversation with, but I find that with all high-Fe users. That said, I have ENFJ and ESFJ best friends. It's workable, certainly.

I will say that it's a pretty generalizable fact that Fi users don't like the typical 'platitudes' and gifts like flowers, chocolates on Valentine's day, etc. Some STJs will, I imagine, if they grew up with it and made it meaningful with Si, but otherwise it tends to rub us the wrong way. I know Fe users, particularly Fe-doms, love that stuff, but it just seems like one more of those things 'anyone can do', whereas when I want a sign of love or affection I want something only that person could do. Inside jokes, nostalgic things, reminders of fun times we've had, etc. Personal stuff.
so her appreciating it and texting me means nothing at all?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.