Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I generally disagree with it. + SJ

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think about paganism and what is your personality type?

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
I honestly don't know much about Pagans and what the belief is. I know I should do research, but I'm just too tired. LOL
I'm a lazy learner, and I'm not being funny here. I'm an ENTJ

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm INFP and a pantheist, which could fall under the category of pagan. I feel I should mention; "Pagan" isn't a belief in itself, it's an umbrella term encompassing many types of beliefs.
Yes indeed. I use it as a term to describe a particular set of spiritual paths which have a common set of general principles and values.

·
Registered
466 Posts
So, this is just a random thought based on the assumption that pagans have an obscene quantity of candles strewn about their abodes...but if I ever visited their humble pagan-cave, I'd be tempted to walk out with an arm-load of fancy candles.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Isn't it a polytheistic notion that soul is in everything, even nonliving, and that gods are everywhere, waiting to be worshiped in every way a human can possibly imagine.

I've been around pagan types before. I think they tend to be S types more often than not. And into yoga etc.

Why idolize false gods when we have God?

·
Banned
13,780 Posts
^^ haha, imo people should do whatever they want as long as it doesen't hurt others.

Personally I'm agnostic atheist and find paganism kinda funny. Either way I'm kind of indiferent about it.

The thing I like about pagans is that they don't tend to want to convert me. I know a couple of pagans in real life.

·
Registered
663 Posts
INFJ here. In a past life I was a pagan. I am also draw to naturalist and the sacred feminine. I also see the divine in everything. I don't consider me a pagan because don't like limitations or boxes of any kind. I like to share and interact with people of different believes and take from them what resonates with me and what I find to be truth and good. So in a sense I have my own set of believes. Different believes makes life interesting, the problem start when people want to "convert" or devalue another religion.

Paganism as religion goes..is very interesting. I like the way it sees nature and realize the dependence that all living things have with each other and the cyclical nature of the earth and the universe.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So, this is just a random thought based on the assumption that pagans have an obscene quantity of candles strewn about their abodes...but if I ever visited their humble pagan-cave, I'd be tempted to walk out with an arm-load of fancy candles.
It's so true. My mom has like 200 including tealights, I'm serious. Probably more.

Reactions: hylogenesis

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Isn't it a polytheistic notion that soul is in everything, even nonliving, and that gods are everywhere, waiting to be worshiped in every way a human can possibly imagine.
Yes. The first part is animism, the second polytheism.

I've been around pagan types before. I think they tend to be S types more often than not. And into yoga etc.
On the contrary, most of the ones I've been around seem very intuitive.

Why idolize false gods when we have God?
This is circular logic. You're assuming there is one deity which is higher than the others, and that everyone acknowledges her/him in the same way and recognizing her/him as such. I don't believe in any deities independent of human perception; that is, omnipotent, omniscient, creating the universe, etc. So I don't have anyone to idolize. There is no contest between deities for my devotion. There are no true gods or false gods; they all exist and don't at the same time. Which ones you are drawn to is your business. And btw most polytheistic people believe that all gods are aspects of one- so the only difference is that monotheists think the one god shows himself/herself to people in the exact same way all the time (only having one aspect).

Btw, hi Aphrodite from TypeC! Also your name is a pagan goddess.

Reactions: Jackdaw

·
Registered
457 Posts
I'm a non practicing Theravada Buddhist and ENTP...however it's hard to explain Southeast Asian cultures. Even though my countries of heritages (Thai, Laos, and Cambodia) are Theravada Buddhism, it is highly influenced by Hinduism, animism, and ancestor worship. My mother is an ethnic minority in Cambodia, and her people are animists and ancestor worshipers, however she part take in Buddhism holidays as it's apart of her culture as a Cambodian which is the dominant religion there.

Anyways, I'm open to being a pagan, then again I'm not very religious either. When it comes to religion, I want ao religion that isn't constraining or so every structured..

·
Registered
680 Posts
I haven't researched enough about it to say I believe in it, but I find it interesting and beautiful.

Reactions: greenfairy026

·
Registered
924 Posts
@greenfairy026
I used to consider myself as pagan, but nowadays I don't really identify with any specific religion, belief or spirituality. I still voted for the first though, because it matched me the most out of the options.

Anyway, I really laughed at this:

>What other religions think I do

Oh god lol.

·
Registered
924 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
I class myself as a pantheistic pagan. Some apparently count that as a contradiction of terms, or an unnecessary coalition of terms, but it's the best description I've found so far. Type-wise, I class myself as an INFP :)

Ha, I'm afraid it's true, hylogenesis XD Would you like some? :p
I'd like to say that I didn't have strings of jingling bells and multicoloured fabric drapes, too, but I do XD Oh, who am I kidding - I'm proud of my jingley mulitcoloured greb-pagan cave XD

·
Registered
201 Posts
Well I'm an agnostic atheist and as long as they don't try and convert me I'm cool with any religion.:proud: I don't really have an opinion I don't like it or dislike it really.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts