Personality Cafe banner

What do you think about the color red?

• I love it! It is my favorite color!

Votes: 10 13.0%
  • I really like it, it is one of my favorite colors.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • I'm neutral. I don't love it or hate it. It is just another color.

Votes: 27 35.1%
  • I don't like it much, I'm not a huge fan.

Votes: 10 13.0%
  • I hate it. It is my least favorite color.

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • I'm not an INTP but I'm addicted to voting in polls.

Votes: 7 9.1%
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
My favorite colour is Green, because...I don't know, it reminds me of Spring I guess. I could take or leave Red honestly, it is one of those colours that just doesn't illicit any feelings what-so-ever for me.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So I guess I should explain (I just didn't want to in the first post because I didn't want my thoughts to influence voting).

I often notice that ESFJ/ESFP/ish types are obsessed with red. Like, it's more than their favorite color, they go on and on about how much they love it, they paint rooms red, they constantly wear red, they must have red appliances and couches, etc, etc, etc.

While I think it is a pretty color, I have never felt it rises above other colors in such a superior way that some people obviously do (and I don't observe this happening with other colors [lots of girls love pink, some people love black, but people don't get crazy... but I digress]).

Also, I've never noticed any of my friends or acquaintances who I would type as a more similar type to myself as one of these "red lovers" so to speak.

So, this is sort of silly, and obviously not scientific, but I was just curious what other INTPs would say when asked about the color red.

So far it looks like people like it but aren't getting their panties in a bunch. :happy:

·
Registered
272 Posts
Red is ok.
I just moved and the rugs were red, so I decided to leave them like that.

·
Maid of Time
549 sx/sp
14,749 Posts
I typically prefer blue, purple, and green to red.

However, on occasion I'm in the mood for some red lovin'. It's the exception rather than the norm, but when I'm in "go" mode and wanting to shake things up a bit in my life, red is my guy and we tear up the town together. Wearing red makes me "pop" a bit and people notice me.

I actually have a few dark red drapes and small rugs in my apartment. If it's dark red, it can be soothing and rich.

Reactions: qingdom

·
黐線 ~Chiseen~
5,241 Posts
I actually have a few crimson drapes and small rugs in my apartment. If it's crimson, it can be soothing and rich.
ftfy. you now caught my attention with crimson... *squeeee*

·
Maid of Time
549 sx/sp
14,749 Posts
ftfy. you now caught my attention with crimson... *squeeee*
Heh. I did actually think "crimson" in my head, but typed "dark red" because we were specifically just talking about "red" as a blanket category.

Then again, I'm a Poe nut; who doesn't want to be the bell of the balls in Prospero's hued halls?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.