Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a neat idea of making a forum on what you think about the other personality types.

Maybe you like some type because of a trait that they have.
Or maybe you dislike one because of something.

Which one confuses you the most?
Which one would you prefer to be with, in a relationship?
Which is the least/most interesting?
Which do you know the least/most about?
(Feel free to bring up any unasked questions)

Sooo INTJs, what do you think about the other personality types?

Reactions: iKicker

·
Banned
2,020 Posts
Maybe I should begin with putting my foot in my mouth before I say anything....

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep, same. I'm also curious
Sooo lets get with it! lol
:crazy:

·
Banned
5,026 Posts
Which one confuses you the most?
ENFJ/INFJ
The first always ask for advice, the second always give it unasked. And what they say is always completely irrelevant, opposed to any values I consider even slightly reasonable, and usually patronising, cutesy, Hallmark sentimentality, anything I say is dismissed, and anything they say is some kind of Eternal Truth or some sort of bullshit like that. They're both offended by things I never said and don't even understand, and cry for no reason, refuse ever to explain what I'm supposed to have done, and never know where the hell I am coming from. I can never say anything without them screaming at me for no reason.

Which one would you prefer to be with, in a relationship?
I generally get along best with INFPs and INTPs although ISTJs also make good partners.

Which is the least/most interesting?
ENFPs are the least interesting - similar enough to be transparent but different enough to be aggravating, plus they're always trying to be too damn "nice" to think anything remotely controversial or differant or cool and they talk too much especially in other people's threads. I did meet one exception once. INTPs have fascinating things to say but don't always take criticism well. ISTJs are good for that, and INFPs when they're not attached to the theory. INTJs can also be cool, though they can also be fucking assholes.

Which do you know the least/most about?
ESFJs I know the least about, thank god, because I run screaming, Obviously I know the most about INTJs.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
I don't have any feelings about types other than as a result of people I already know. No offense to the TC, but SJs tend to be really pretty much my arch-nemeses. ESFJs I've dealt with (including my mother) are the most ridiculous and the most annoying for me to be around. Sensors in general have been tough for me, and when I spot them out in the world, I avoid. My good friend is ESTP, and we get along great because I never allow us too much time together. The sensors I know well, I can be around for limited amounts of time, but I would never go on an extended vacation with one again (phrew, an ISTP and me in Maui for 8 days... carnage). INTJs are great, as long as we aren't enemies. ENFP/ENTP are a lot of fun for me. INFJ and INTP are generally pretty reasonable and decent to hang around. ENTJ/ENFJ/INFP have a wide spectrum from the interesting and fun to the annoying based on their individual interests. That's about all I can conjure right now.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Horrible generalization inbound

INFJ: Often a nutty conspiracy theorist, but can be cool if taken in moderation and matured.
INFP: Nice folks. Nothing outstanding that I can really insult or compliment. Lots of maintenance that I don't care for.
ISTJ: Spock, but less cool and more 1960s-era G-Man.
ISTP: Kinda alright, kinda goofy. Meh.
INTJ: Prone to being a pathetic social retard. Can be cool, or even scary, if mature.
INTP: Lazy ass. Respectable, but still lazy. Usually a great source of drugs.
ENTJ: Prone to evil empires.
ENTP: Awesome, but prone to jackassery and conceit. Not the rule at all.
ESTJ: I don't know many, but most I've met would be great for manual labor.
ESTP: Again, not enough experience with the type.
ENFJ: No thank you.
ENFP: Great dynamic. Not sure if I'm really interested, though.
ESFJ: GAH! IT BURNS!
ESFP: Meh.

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
they talk too much especially in other people's threads.
I'm pretty sure I'm the only one...and it's only in the INFP section and sometimes the INTJ, ENTP, and INFJ sections lol

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
ENFPs are the least interesting - similar enough to be transparent but different enough to be aggravating, plus they're always trying to be too damn "nice" to think anything remotely controversial or differant or cool and they talk too much especially in other people's threads.
Ha ha. It seems like you're venting about forum politics. I do understand. There are 1 or 2 ENFPs that drive me batty on here with their 10 billion posts always trying to take the middle ground, and playing the part of "I'm so different!!!", which ends up pretty much being empty of any value. But there are others who aren't as uninteresting, and I like their true open-mindedness over the pretty phony type some have.

·
Registered
696 Posts
ENFPs take themselves too seriously and they get offended over stupid stuff. They also have a hard time accepting ideas that don't fit in their narrow dogmatic perspective. Generally speaking, that is. Not all of them are like that. I wish more of them actually fit the stereotype of the fun-loving party animal.

Type 8s are jackholes that idolize authority but despise anyone who believes in standing up for justice. Again, generally speaking. Some of them are the exact opposite.

What I've found to be true is that there is duality in every personality type.

·
Banned
5,026 Posts
Ha ha. It seems like you're venting about forum politics. I do understand. There are 1 or 2 ENFPs that drive me batty on here with their 10 billion posts always trying to take the middle ground, and playing the part of "I'm so different!!!", which ends up pretty much being empty of any value. But there are others who aren't as uninteresting, and I like their true open-mindedness over the pretty phony type some have.
Maybe a little venting, though it's not just that. And I did say I met one exception (I'm her maid of honour) though sometimes she has these really fucking long phonecalls and makes me watch "inspiring" movies. And I have seen a few good posts amidst the chatty content-free multitudes. Obviously in a thread like this there's going to be a certain amount of generalising. It's not like I take offense when people compare us to serial killers ;)

·
Registered
648 Posts
ENFPs take themselves too seriously and they get offended over stupid stuff. They also have a hard time accepting ideas that don't fit in their narrow dogmatic perspective. Generally speaking, that is. Not all of them are like that. I wish more of them actually fit the stereotype of the fun-loving party animal.

Type 8s are jackholes that idolize authority but despise anyone who believes in standing up for justice. Again, generally speaking. Some of them are the exact opposite.

What I've found to be true is that there is duality in every personality type.
Im a type 8, not sure I agree with your opinion that they idolize authority at all.

Taking ourselves too seriously, maybe

·
Banned
2,020 Posts
Edit: Removed long and boring post- *decides to keep foot in her mouth*

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
That...that's not really me or any ENFP that I've ever talked with, at all. And I think part of that goes against Ne lol

That seems much more like INFPs because their dominant cognitive function is Fi...
Ok...to not take the phony middle ground, I've seen one too many an INFP go into Fi-rage that totally blocks their ability to think logically...

·
Registered
601 Posts
WARNING: Brute force honesty approaching.

I do not like questions like this. I judge character/behaviour based on the person, not the type. That's called being objective [also ostensibly an INTJ characteristic, but I see many, many ENFPs doing the same].

I know ENFPs who are prima donnas and some who aren't. I know INTJs who are cold and some who are big marshmallows.

The MBTI is kind of like chaos theory, you never know what you're gonna get.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Im a type 8, not sure I agree with your opinion that they idolize authority at all.
Dualitronics, yo.

Taking ourselves too seriously...
Quit it! \8-P

By the way, I should point out that we're complete "opposites" (ENFP Type 8 vs. INTJ Type 2), both with Enneagrams that appear to contradict (according to generalulz'd archetype descriptions) our Jungian profiles. A perfect illustration of double-duality. Now dance the dance of demented do0m!

What I mean by "appear to contradict" is like this: ENFP = "supposed" to be (these aren't my rules, keep that in mind) party animal. Type 8 = "supposed" to be big boss Captain Serious. INTJ = "supposed" to be uberprofessional frigid careerist biomechanoid freak. Type 2 = "supposed" to be super-squishy walking marshmallow of squishy squee that gets taken advantage of by unscrupulous dillholes.

I know INTJs who are cold and some who are big marshmallows.
I wanna be a marshmallow! :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts