Personality Cafe banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a neat idea of making a forum on what you think about the other personality types.

Maybe you like some type because of a trait that they have.
Or maybe you dislike one because of something.

Which one confuses you the most?
Which one would you prefer to be with, in a relationship?
Which is the least/most interesting?
Which do you know the least/most about?
(Feel free to bring up any unasked questions)

Sooo INTPs, what do you think about the other personality types?

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I like this thread. Let's get it started.

ENFJ. Because they're nearly opposite INTP, except I find N a more confusing trait than S.

INTP. What can I say? I like people I can relate to.

Most: INFJ. Because the most interesting person I know is an INFJ, and because all those traits make a complex and rather mysterious person.
Least: ESTP. Because it's the opposite of INFJ?

Most about the I's and N's, least about the E's and S's.

·
Registered
911 Posts
the INFP.

any NT. N, most importantly. F can have its merits too.

ESFJ / ISFP would be the least interesting. But not uninteresting.
The most interesting? huh, that's a tough one. I can't really decide, ti'd probably be ENTP / ISTP / INTP... i have no favourites.

I know a lot about N's and I's, and I'd say that I, on average, know less about extroverts than introverts, and about S's, compared to N's. I think I know enough about F's, it's just that I'm puzzled by their behaviour that makes me think I have no clue whatsoever.
I actually dislike attributing labels "boring", "interesting", "cofusing" to various personality types.
For example, I dislike loud people, babblers and extreme fun seekers. On the other hand, I find emotional people a bit silly. Oh no, I've just squashed a flower! boohoo *cries*.
Those can't be attributed to personality types. There may be a lot of INFP crybabies, but there is also a lot of INFPs who aren't like that. It feels a bit like stereotyping to me.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Well, I love all N's and like SP's, but I don't like SJ's 'cause they can be a bit obssesive with order sometimes. As for the anwsers to the questions:

ESXJ's. I don't understand them. I can't empathize with their loneliness and need for attention. I can't focus on present problems for more then 5 minutes, without somehow starting to think about something out-of-this-world. And 'cause I don't understand why order and tradition means so much to them.

In a relationship with? Hmm... I'm thinking ENFP 'cause of the excitement they would bring into my life, or INFJ 'cause they'd be a bit of a mystery for me, but would at the same time bring some order into my life.

Most? I... 'Cause they don't open up too easily. N... Idk, I just find N's interesting. F... 'Cause every person has the same world of logic and a different world of emotions. P... 'Cause they're more action than order oriented. So... INFP? Nah... Idk, anyway, something like this.
Least? E... 'Cause they're easy to get to know. S... 'Cause they're very in-the-moment and I believe they think less out-of-the-box than N's. T... Look above for F. Once you know their logic, you halfly know them. J... 'Cause they're too order oriented. So ESTJ? Well, I guess so, idk. I don't find any of the SJ's interesting, especially not ESJ's.

Well, I'd say I know every type a little. I couldn't say I know any type more than another, not even INTP or INFP.

So yeah, that's kind of it...

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
ESFJ. What the fuck.

I don't know, probably NTPs or intellectually-driven NFs.

(Stereo)typically speaking, I would say that Ne/Ni-doms tend to be more insightful and view the world in depth making NFs and NTs the most interesting, if there is such a thing.

ISFP, ESFP, ISTJ, ISTP.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts

Sooo INTPs, what do you think about the other personality types?
I would say I identify the most with ISFP's, they seem to get and appreciate my "artsy" side, and I can relate to them about their emotional "struggles". All of my friends are ESFP's, they aren't all friends with each other though, it seems they each lead a different group of friends, so it's kind of like i have 50 friends since each of my 4-5 ESFP friends have countless other friends. Not sure why they are drawn to me, cause god knows I didn't approach them, they all seem to appreciate my deadpan sense of humor. They also help remind me to just enjoy life, as they aren't the brightest ones, but are all very social and nice.

I currently am madly in love with a girl I believe to be an ENFJ, although I could be totally off, since it's kind of a one sided relationship at this point and we have never talked outside of work, lol.

edit: By the way I have a step brother who is an ISFJ, and I hate him, so I suppose that type would be my least favorite XD

·
Banned
1,739 Posts
ESFJ – are they from Mars or some shit? I seriously don't get them at all. They're so weird and think themselves to be completely normal and perfect. Annoys me to death.

INFP – I am currently involved with mysterysolved and she's arguably the best person I've ever known (at this point)... so I have to go with her type of INFP. I've never met anyone I could stand long enough to really fall for. Leave it to the humble INFP...

Least: ENTPs/ESFJs. All the ENTPs I've known have been lying sacks of somewhat social shit. The ESFJs are just WTF.

Most: (INFP) ENFJ, ESTJ. (For INFP's description revisit question two.) ENFJs are pretty rad for some reason, probably my favorite 'friend' type. ESTJs are also a good 'friend' type for some reason. I can somewhat understand the ENFJ-INTP relations, but ESTJ-INTP seems like it just shouldn't work. But it does.

Least: ISFP. I have never met an ISFP that I'm aware of.

Most: INTP. I like to know myself.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Popular choice. Our polar opposite ESFJ. Their exuberant refusal to look outside the box drives me up the wall. I tell myself life would be less interesting without them.

If I have a second long term relationship in my lifetime, ENTP - he would probably make sure I stay young.

Um. Tricky. I think we all have an interesting story to tell and some people don't open up enough to make a judgement as to whether they are interesting or not. Human nature/reactions fascinate me and frustrate me (at the same time sometimes)

I have yet to meet another true INTP, in the flesh. I'm still finding out about myself.:happy: This doesn't really answer the question, so I'd say I probably know more about INTP and a fair bit less about the others, in equal proportion.

EDIT: My father is INTP. I haven't met anyone in my peer group that is INTP. Could be a bit like meeting a mirror and would probably freak me out.

·
Banned
1,068 Posts
I find ISTP's amusing. The others I don't really know enough about. I tend to avoid the ones with an 'E' at the beginning on assumption that I'll find them irritating.

EDIT: Actually as an excursion I'm going to go through the different forums and see how all the different types operate. I may post a report afterwards of my findings...

Adios!

EDIT:
Findings so far:

ISFJ - Softies
ESTJ - Bastards

I'll check the rest more thoroughly when I become interested again.

·
Registered
INTP Female
26,829 Posts
I don't really know enough about other types to have any generalised opinions on them, although I do like NTs a lot.

·
Banned
14,865 Posts
I seem to get along best with others who have Ne. There are always huge disconnects in communication between myself, and those who have very little to no Ne. I mainly just watch what I say to them, and try to communicate very simply.

Reactions: CrabHammer

·
Registered
101 Posts
ESFJ , I usaully buck heads with these personalities.

INFP, they are really nice people.

Most interesting: I find ENTP to be an interesting personality.
Least Interesting: ESFJ

I can't determine which personalities I least know but the most predictable ones are 'SJ's' and 'SP's'.

·
Registered
39 Posts
ESFPs. They are creatures of pure id and feeling, with an almost infantile (not to offend, sorry) dependency on the attentions of others. Whereas an INTP might have avoidant personality disorder, an ESFP might have histrionic personality disorder! Totally opposite psychoses!

I would function best alongside an ENTJ. They could take care of my social life, force me to be pro-active, understand my intense thinking process, and help me stay on the path of logic that my emotions often lead me from.

Least: ESFPs are as ANNOYING as all get out. And thus they are uninteresting. They irk me. They're irksome.
Most: ENTPs, however, are like the fun versions of us. :D

Least: Honestly, all of the SFs. I can understand the places where the Es and Js come from, although both are not my natural or preferred cups of tea; however, I can't even begin to attempt to think like an SF. I have no idea of how they think and cope with the absurdity of life.
Most: Naturally, all my fellow INTPs, baby!

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
None, particularly.

That would require too much analysis to properly diagnose. I'm pretty much open.

Most: ENTP
Least: Sensors (except for ISTPs, the crazy buggers :p )

Most: INTP, INTJ, INFP, INFJ, ENTP, ENFJ, ENFP
Least: ISFJ, ISTJ, ESTP
(The others fall somewhere inbetween)

·
MOTM Feb 2011
8,078 Posts
ESFPs. They are creatures of pure id and feeling, with an almost infantile (not to offend, sorry) dependency on the attentions of others. Whereas an INTP might have avoidant personality disorder, an ESFP might have histrionic personality disorder! Totally opposite psychoses!

Least: ESFPs are as ANNOYING as all get out. And thus they are uninteresting. They irk me. They're irksome.

Interesting... you are spot on with ESFPs. I also know an ESFP who is married to an INTP. Though they are struggling at the moment. So you think it's amazing that they even got together then? I hate that infantile dependency/ attention whore thing they have.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ISFP, ESFP, ISTJ, ISTP.
:(

Least: ISFP. I have never met an ISFP that I'm aware of.

Most: INTP. I like to know myself.
We hide in the shadows :wink:

I would say I identify the most with ISFP's, they seem to get and appreciate my "artsy" side, and I can relate to them about their emotional "struggles". All of my friends are ESFP's, they aren't all friends with each other though, it seems they each lead a different group of friends, so it's kind of like i have 50 friends since each of my 4-5 ESFP friends have countless other friends. Not sure why they are drawn to me, cause god knows I didn't approach them, they all seem to appreciate my deadpan sense of humor. They also help remind me to just enjoy life, as they aren't the brightest ones, but are all very social and nice.
:D
yeah ESFPs are always fun... in my opinion

Most: ENTPs, however, are like the fun versions of us. :D

Least: Honestly, all of the SFs. I can understand the places where the Es and Js come from, although both are not my natural or preferred cups of tea; however, I can't even begin to attempt to think like an SF. I have no idea of how they think and cope with the absurdity of life.
Most: Naturally, all my fellow INTPs, baby!
Clearly we have different views here....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts