Personality Cafe banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a neat idea of making a forum on what you think about the other personality types.

Maybe you like some type because of a trait that they have.
Or maybe you dislike one because of something.

Which one confuses you the most?
Which one would you prefer to be with, in a relationship?
Which is the least/most interesting?
Which do you know the least/most about?
(Feel free to bring up any unasked questions)

Sooo ENTPs, what do you think about the other personality types?

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Any contact I have with an ESFJ results in instant rage.

INTP's are my brothers or sisters, but even I usually think they are a little weird

INTJ's and I bemuse each other.

ENTJ's and ESTP's usually help me out. The can help me get things done.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
ISFJs are boringly oversensitive. ISTJs are boringly traditional and over-critical.

I like ESTJs for their directness and energy, ENTJs, INTP and INTJs for their intellect (yes I know rationals aren't the only intelligent people, perhaps I just understand their type of intellect better), ENFJs for their warmth and fun. ESFJs can be oversensitive too, but are much more fun than ISFJs.

Looking at the above, seemingly I like extroverts and I don't know many perceptives :)

·
Banned
521 Posts
ISFJs confuse me the most- the ones that I've met seem rather unhappy but are unwilling to change their habits or way of thinking to make their lives better.

I would prefer to be with an INFJ (with a high T of course). My closest friends have always been INFJs- I imagine that it should work out rather well based on my experience with them.

I find INFJs the most interesting- I find that we have a lot to learn from each other and we teach each other a lot. Furthermore, the ones that I know are so kind and caring, it's mind-boggling. My wanting to be in a relationship with them is also linked to this actually- I find that I get bored of people easily but I doubt I'd ever get bored with an INFJ.

The least interesting type are ISTJs, but I think it's because the ones that I've met have the same exact background as I do only they've handled it kinda badly so there's really not that much that I can learn from them.

The ones that I know most about are probably INFJs since whichever type I have interest in, I immediately strive to learn as much as I can about them. The ones that I know least about are probably ISFJs. They're pretty weird to me.

..looking back on this, I realize that I've pretty much only talked about two types. hrm. I guess the S/N divide is a huge thing for me.

·
Registered
733 Posts
ESTP: I get along with the most. We like to have fun all the time and not have a care in the world. I tend to be the more creative/ leader of the duo or pack of ESTPs

ESFP: Same as the ESTP except that I don't know as many and haven't been with a "herd" of them

INTJ: Get along with a lot. Time together is usually spent talking about theoretical concepts. Very intellectually stimulating

ESTJ: I cannot get along with male ESTJs. They annoy the hell out of me. I find female ESTJs obnoxious at times but I can like them in spurts. Oddly enough they are highly attracted to me. I have no idea why.

ISFJ: I like them but there is never anything deep between us. They're usually not quite an acquaintance and not quite a friend. They are an anchor to my confrontational side.

ESFJ: I find rather annoying when they get too "cutsie" for me, but we do get along. Don't make close friends with them though.

ISTJ: God help me, they bore me. I'm sorry. They're reliable, loyal, and considerate of others but I find them dry and too conventional.

INFP: I like them. We get along fine and I end up being like a big brother to most INFPs I become friends with. I anchor their imagination to reality and give them perspectives they've never seen before.

ENTPs and INFJs: I don't know any, so I've got no input.

ENFJ: Love em. Very sweet, warm and people oriented. I always feel like I have their undivided attention when I'm with them. They are another anchor to my confrontational nature. I develop a protective big brother role around them, always helping them and protecting when they're in trouble.

but when it comes to having a relationship, the winner so far is ESFP. I'm a sucker for their expression of emotion and carefree attitude.

·
Banned
167 Posts
Artisans, Rationals and Idealists are all very enriching to me. Guardians... not so much. I wish they were not so set on their superficial goals and most of all. My father is an ISFJ and we barely survived the ordeal of my adolescence. Plus when this type cares about you, they love to smother be overprotective. VERY IRRITATING. My mother is the only cool ESTJ I know; everybody else is very vocal on their judgment. ISTJs are great when they keep their close-mindedness to themselves, which most likely involves not speaking at all. ESFJ are okay. Similar to the ENFJ but without the interpersonal genius engine.
Now most of the Rationals I meet are great Mind enriching individuals. We all know about the insane intellect of the INTP, The reliable knowledge of the INTJ, the influence of the ENTJ and the creative power of the ENTP. The only type I butt heads with are bossy ENTJs, but once the confrontation is over, they usually snap out of it and regard me as an intelligent being.
My Artisan friends keep me in the moment with their familiar "go with the flow" and "devil may care" vibes. Me plus ESFP and/or ESTP friends equals party time. They make great wingmans and drinking buddies, but I don’t think I would date a girl with this type. Well maybe because the sex is bound to be AMAZING! Apart from that I doubt there would be much chemistry outside of the entertainment scene. ISTP and ISFP are radically different but still great. ISFP girls are sooo sensual and enticing. Often they have tattoos and/or piercings which sends me over the edge. ISTPs are great loyal buddies but i am not really attracted to girls of this type. I think because I am usually attracted to "F" girls in a relationship way. Except for other ENTPs but I am not going that path again...
Idealists have got to be my favorite people; more so than other intellectuals. I have learned to open my mind to their spiritual side and find their company mentally energizing. Yeah they can get sappy at times but that when i impart my gifts of pragmatism into them in a way that they can easily digest. I would consider a relationship with a girl of any of these four types, even a ENFP because I love to explore into dangerous territory. As long as it is fun and can one argue the lovable factor of ENFP girls? ENFJs and INFJs have of vision to exchange with me. Usually, my relationships with INFJs are ore platonic, while the ENFJ relationships are a bit more suggestive, or outright flirtatious depending on how things go.
I wish to learn more about Guardians so that I can trick them into saying something interesting. This in regards to the Guardians I experience in real life. I think it take a lot of maturity and open-mindedness for a Guardians to belong in this forum. So while these individuals are pleasant and mind enriching, they don’t represent most Guardians at least not the ones I have encountered.
Thanks for the questions. Helps me organize my people categories

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Which one confuses you the most? Uh...none?
Which one would you prefer to be with, in a relationship? INTJ romantically; ENTJ friendship-wise.
Which is the least/most interesting? Most interesting = INxJs; least interesting = none.
Which do you know the least/most about? I know the most about my own type, of course; I know the least about xSTJs, I suppose. I just don't think about it much.

Basically, I like all types. Each one has its place. My favorites are, naturally, INTJs, ENTJs, and even ENFPs. Actually...I really do just like all of them.

I don't dislike any type. People are people, and I'm not going to say I don't like someone simply because they identify with a certain type that doesn't seem appealing to me. That's just crazy talk.

·
Banned
521 Posts
I had a neat idea of making a forum on what you think about the other personality types.

Maybe you like some type because of a trait that they have.
Or maybe you dislike one because of something.

Which one confuses you the most?
Which one would you prefer to be with, in a relationship?
Which is the least/most interesting?
Which do you know the least/most about?
(Feel free to bring up any unasked questions)

Sooo ENTPs, what do you think about the other personality types?
Oh yeah, if you'd like to read more posts (not just from ENTPs), I actually created a thread a while ago asking people to give their opinion on all 16 types. I find the information rather interesting:

http://personalitycafe.com/myers-briggs-forum/16317-how-do-you-relate-all-16-mbti-types.html

·
Old Man
2,834 Posts
Which one confuses you the most? ESFJ, I can see why what some do what they do, but I still just don't get the reasoning. It's like the wrong side of a box, I've met some really nice ones though, I'm just biased because of a certain one that I cannot stand.

Which one would you prefer to be with, in a relationship? INFJ, or INTJ, no doubt those types are just amazing. ENFJs or ENTJs are close as hell as well.

Which is the least/most interesting? INXJs are the most interesting, their thought process just amazes me, and they seem to like mine. ENTPs are the least interesting to me, it's just too much of the same.

Which do you know the least/most about? I really understand XNFPs, growing up with so many in close proximity. I don't understand ISFPs at all though, yet one of the coolest people I ever knew was one.

NJs are just my favorites by far.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I don't type most people - only people who interest me or who are constantly in my face. So, statistically I must know tons of SPs and SJs, and I presume they're the myriads of drones I pass in the street and ignore in the office. Man, I'm a jerk.

ENTP: I only know one, and I want to eat him. He fascinates the crap out of me. It's like we're on the same radio frequency, but tuned in from parallel universes. We both love talking about "what if" theoretical situations, (which makes the SPs and particularly the SJs around us groan), but it seems like we're always baffled by each other - we think we're talking about the same thing, but after a while it becomes evident that we're not. It pretty much just makes it obvious that we have two entirely different ways of approaching the same issue, or entirely different sets of values. He seems to interpret things from a path-of-least-resistance,social harmony, happy-joy-joy perspective, and I see it from a universal-principle, for the overall good, teetering-on-the-brink-of-destruction perspective. I get the feeling he doesn't always like my morbidity, satire, skepticism, and distrust of others. It always makes him go quiet and serious-looking, and makes me feel like I committed a faux-pas and am a major drag, which I probably am. He's SO energetic and driven, although he hops from one interest to another, becoming expert at one in an incredibly short period of time, and then ditching it for the next. He has no end of confidence - and I wouldn't tell him this, because he would sulk, I know, but although he's brilliant at a lot of things, he's not that good at a few of the things he thinks he's especially gifted at. He back-door brags a lot, which just makes me roll my eyes. I think it's kind of cute in him - in anyone else, it would seem really pretentious. He always seems to feel the need to relay to me all the compliments he received from the time I last saw him. People loving and adoring him, and being awestruck at his talents, seems to be what makes him happiest - he really seems to need other people to like him. I remember he actually encountered one or two people who weren't instantly charmed by his charisma, and he seemed confused and a little angry, and eventually "didn't like" them - he never "hates." And on the flip side, he seems to be coming to a very slow realization that if he talks to all people as if he's absolutely thrilled to see them and loves them all, he shouldn't be surprised if they latch on like leeches to drain some of his enthusiasm for themselves.

So, in short - ENTPs (the one I know), fascinate me, but I can't read them at all, which is frustrating. It's a love-hate relationship, but love greatly overshadows the hate.

ENFP: I've known two, that I'm aware of. One was too sappy and pissed me off. He asked too many personal questions on what I would call bare acquaintanceship, and then tried to psychoanalyze my "closed-off" reactions. He would be hypocritical by telling me that I was heartless because I didn't have sympathy for tax-dollar-sucking boozers and didn't try to see where they were coming from - but he didn't try to see where I was coming from.

On the other hand, the other ENFP I know is charming and happy and seems to understand everyone. He's different from the ENTP in that he has extreme love or hate for everything under the sun, and doesn't find it necessary to pretend he loves everyone. His enthusiasm is adorable but not based on reality. I think this is more the typical ENFP - the other one (above) is probably a fluke. Overall, I love ENFPs.

INFP: So the starry-eyed romantic, star-crossed lovers, star-gazing type - pretty much anything with stars in it. They like to hang florescent stars in their rooms and name animals after galaxies. They see through stars and it blinds them to reality. They're very understanding and will humbly accept reproof or suggestions if they're presented kindly, but will get very angry and defensive if they feel their character is in question. Their feelings are hurt really easily. I like them.

INTJ: harsh, dude. Misunderstood loners.

INTP: I've only known one, and the type was never confirmed absolutely, but I'm pretty sure she was an INTP. We thought alike on almost all subjects, seemed to be on the same wavelength (originating from the same universe), but she was more laid-back, lazy, easy-going, che sara in her attitude. She wasn't as driven to succeed as INTJs. What struck me as most different from the INTJ, and therefore most interesting, was her SERENE calmness. Lots of people say INTJs appear calm, but her calmness was in a different vein - a happier, less determined calmness. We discussed ideas and solved logic puzzles to the wee hours of the morning, to the dismay of those around us. We were the only ones (other than her sister, who must have been an NF or NT of some kind) who could play cards or scrabble for hours on end without getting bored and impatient, because we could discuss ideas at the same time - two puzzles at once, what could be better? And we were also equally unemotional and didn't care if we were boring everyone else.

ISTJ: The type that most gets under my skin. They're so traditional, so unable to consider the possibility that something doesn't have to be done a certain way just because it always has been. To them, tradition is reason in itself, which I find infuriating. They also like to tell others what to do. No matter their age, they talk to you as if you're a misbehaving and silly child. They present so many unnecessary obstacles to achieving any goal, trying to smash it into the ground before it's even been considered. They always seem grim and rarely smile. They giggle at what they consider "taboo" subjects and hush you. They're always scrutinizing your appearance and giggle at anything they consider unconventional in your dress, poke fun at it, but always want to try it on themselves in a pretend-mocking manner to cover their actual curiosity. They're the ones who are always plucking lint off your clothes and adjusting your hair when you don't want them to. They can be quite dense. They can't read anybody, at all. They want 2.4 children, a white picket fence, and a minivan. They make me ill. That said, I like their definiteness - not wishy-washy.

ISFJ: My best friend is this type. Infinitely different from ISTJs. Though they like order and are careful, when in a group, to behave in the agreed-upon socially-acceptable manner, making the obligatory, coma-inducing small-talk, I find them more real than ISTJs. They're very accepting of people and eager to help them out, and they don't force their opinions on others like ISTJs do. I find ISTJs do only as much as is necessary to be "proper" and dispel their duty, whereas ISFJs do things out of the goodness of their hearts. They'd make excellent nurses, because they're not bothered by other people's sickness or whatever. I consider this the good type of guardian (Keirsey guardian).

ISFP: Too touchy and self-pitying. Everything is about them.

SPs in general: lazy, but easy to get along with. Annoyingly hedonistic sometimes.

As for the others - I either haven't met/identified you, or I don't care enough to bother identifying you.

·
Registered
359 Posts
ISTJ: The type that most gets under my skin. They're so traditional, so unable to consider the possibility that something doesn't have to be done a certain way just because it always has been. To them, tradition is reason in itself, which I find infuriating. They also like to tell others what to do. No matter their age, they talk to you as if you're a misbehaving and silly child. They present so many unnecessary obstacles to achieving any goal, trying to smash it into the ground before it's even been considered. They always seem grim and rarely smile. They giggle at what they consider "taboo" subjects and hush you. They're always scrutinizing your appearance and giggle at anything they consider unconventional in your dress, poke fun at it, but always want to try it on themselves in a pretend-mocking manner to cover their actual curiosity. They're the ones who are always plucking lint off your clothes and adjusting your hair when you don't want them to. They can be quite dense. They can't read anybody, at all. They want 2.4 children, a white picket fence, and a minivan. They make me ill. That said, I like their definiteness - not wishy-washy.
The most apt description of an ISTJ I have ever read. It puts all other descriptions to shame. I have nothing to add or take away from, except: horrible in bed, but extremely loyal, albeit that's obvious from the profile. Also, I've known some lighter ISTJs that weren't always grim and smiled fairly often, but still fit the rest of the profile.

ESFP: Party! Easiest type to talk into some crazy dare. Be careful, though, because they will drag you in it, and it's no fun when the police show up. Fun to date, but off off the list as any kind of LTR material. I have several male ESFP friends and they are fun, but get annoying after prolonged periods.

INTJ: First type I would select to help with any attempt to carry out plans for world domination. I would always be wary though, because I fear they might be disloyal and kill me silently in my sleep. Fun to talk with because they have excellent observations and an unusual sense of humor. I'm not sure they are trying to be humorous, but their comments are hilarious at times.

INFP: Fantastic, at least in a relationship.

ISTP: Fun to sit down and relax and crack jokes and have a beer with. It doesn't really ever seem to go anywhere other than that.

ISFP: Too touchy and self-pitying. Everything is about them.
I don't have a whole lot to add to this either, except when they are happy in a relationship, the self-pity vanishes as does much of the touchiness.

ESTP: Can relate to this type and talk about virtually anything for hours. They can be somewhat neurotic. I really admire their ability to accomplish things and wish I had some of that in a needle I could inject when I need it most.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I like brief contact with ENFP's. What others call insane, I call... interesting and... unique. Though long-term contact with such starts to be a pain in the ass. Anyhow, I like my friends to be unique+intelligent, and being ethical is certainly a plus.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
I was reading some of these threads in the other forums and it's actually really interesting to hear this stuff.

Which one confuses you the most? ENTJ.
Which one would you prefer to be with, in a relationship? ENTJ, ISFP. I'm very open though.
Which is the least/most interesting? Least: ESTJ, ISTJ. Most: ISFP, ENFP, ENTJ, INTJ, ISTP.
Which do you know the least/most about? Least: ENFJ, ESFP, ESTP. Most: ENTP, INFJ, ENTJ.

ISTJ
: I have trouble communicating with them, and don't find them very interesting people. But they're okay, not directly infuriating.

ISFJ: They're sweet. I can't communicate well with them either, and they can piss me off with their sensitivity & thickness, but I can't really dislike them. I wouldn't ever be able to live with one though.

ESTJ: I find them very uninteresting. But I respect their boldness, even though I almost always disagree with them and can never be lead by one.

ESFJ: I get along best with them of the SJ's. They're just really nice and social and accepting. From my experience they're open to anything and non-judgmental.

ISTP: There's something I sort of admire about them. They have good intuition which I think is usually subconscious and just instinctive for them ... which is enviable in a way. I tend to like their attitude.

ISFP: Love! I have good experience with them. They seem to be smart, mysterious, funny, unique, and have good taste in music. There isn't really anything negative I can say about ISFP's.

ESTP
: They are kind of infuriating. I need more experience with them, but those I've met are just kind of cocky and dense. But also kind of funny and undemanding. At least they aren't boring.

ESFP: I need more direct contact with them to properly judge, but I think I tend to like them in a superficial sense, as long as they aren't stupid/annoying. In fact I think the ones I've liked have been either male or mature (older) females. The young female ESFP's have always kind of been my adversaries in life.

INTJ: Love. I get along supremely well with them as long as they aren't too rigid and feelingless. But I admire all INTJ's and kind of wish I was one sometimes. And actually they most seem to be surprisingly laid-back and easy to talk to. Maybe I've just known really nice INTJ's.

INTP: Despite their functional similarity to ENTP's I've always had somewhat of a hard time relating to them. When they're immature and have very untempered Ti they can be really really annoying. But I respect a mature and well-integrated (grounded) INTP. I would like to know female INTP's too, I feel like I'm missing a lot of information without that.

ENTJ: Love. As I said they're a challenge for me to thoroughly understand. But I get along with them on a very intuitive level. And of all types they have the most qualities that I admire and try to cultivate myself.

ENTP: Are awesome. But actually I don't think I could spend 5 minutes with an immature ENTP and not lose it with them. Well-rounded ENTP's though I think I could co-exist with peacefully, and have a great time with.

INFJ: I probably have the most mixed feelings about them. I can get along really well with them, and I love them when that happens ... but at the same time, getting into an argument with an INFJ can boil my blood like nothing else. They're frustrating but they definitely have fundamental qualities that are very compatible for me.

INFP
: I really like them and would like to know more of them. They're incredibly different than me, but I get along with them because they're open-minded and genuine and don't hold my nature against me like INFJ's can.

ENFJ: I really need to know more about them. I think I know one ENFJ guy and he's unbelievably awesome and warm-hearted. I want more experience with them.

ENFP: Kind of like with INFP's, they have qualities that can bother me ... but somehow fundamentally they're so genuine and cool that I usually love them in the end. And they're lots of fun. I absolutely love hanging out with them.

·
Registered
502 Posts
My best friend is an ENFJ, and I find him really smart, and I really like him. He's also the nicest and the most "good" person I know. He's really honest and moral, and a great friend. He's also really really smart, and I can connect with his Ni, and I like to argue with him sometimes. He's also really open to new ideas and it's a quality a very much approve of.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts