Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a neat idea of making a forum on what you think about the other personality types.

Maybe you like some type because of a trait that they have.
Or maybe you dislike one because of something.

Which one confuses you the most?
Which one would you prefer to be with, in a relationship?
Which is the least/most interesting?
Which do you know the least/most about?
(Feel free to bring up any unasked questions)

Sooo, what do you think about the other personality types?

Reactions: niss

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
I'm surrounded on all sides by NF types at my job, and there are times they drive me absolutely crazy (although I'd never actually come out and say so). They're great with the clients, but it seems like nothing concrete actually ever gets done, and in fact I do wonder how anything gets done, as I'm not the only one there that has to do paperwork.

Friend-wise, (at least those friends who have likewise taken the test) I tend to either gravitate toward INTJ's or ISFJ's (and it also seems when the traits of one group start to wear on me, I'll tilt toward the other group for a while, until they start to wear on me, and so on).

Oddly enough, the group that seems to get on my nerves the most (as in, I want to whack them on the head and tell them to cut the superior attitude) is ENTJ's, which is strange, because I get along fine with INTJ's.

The group that drains me the fastest are ESFJ's. I think it's because we share the SJ part that I'm initially willing to go along with plans laid out by the ESFJ's, but by the end of the night I'm wiped - they know too many people, they talk to too many people, and they engage in conversation that leaves me either uncomfortable or bored.

Having said all of that, the people (well, one in particular) who gets inside of my head the most and knows EXACTLY what buttons to push are INTP's. Just this morning I got into an argument with one over something really ridiculous in the grand scheme of things. It was over something that I'd put a lot of time and effort into (a project I'd been working on). He basically inferred that "most" people's eyes would glaze over if I tried to explain it to them (presumably because they'd be bored). Like I said, he knows what buttons to push, and I was shouting him down by the end of it. Not a good place for me to be (and I was wiped afterwards).

I'm fine now; it's been about six hours since that conversation, and I've not spoken to anyone else all day (other than online). I've done some laundry, taken care of my cat (she went to the vet yesterday, long story ... won't get into it here), etc.

Hope this helps!

·
Banned
932 Posts
- I love love love ISTP men! They are my preferred relationship partner. For a relationship I would definitely have to be with a TP. I can't deal with a needy F, I tend to hurt their feelings, they take things too personally and I don't know how to deal with that. And I find P's extremely attractive because I wish I could live more like a P and need someone to show me how.

- I like ISFP's as friends, but I wish they would be a little assertive sometimes. I'm jealous how people seem to flock to ISFP's to be their friends and run from me.

- I get a kick out of ESFP's. They don't bother me like I would expect them too. They know how to have fun and are very friendly. Working with an ESFP is a different story however...

- I like most ESTJ's. They can be annoyingly aggressive at getting what they want, but I guess that is something to admire.

- I don't personally know any ISTJ's imagine that. I'm not sure how I would get along with someone like me though..

- Like above, ESFJ's tire the heck out of me. I always feel like they have to know everything I did, and everywhere I went that day and if I don't tell them they take it personally. I also feel like I am always doing something wrong when I am around them as if they are monitoring my behavior at all times. Upon first impression we get along, and ESFJ's can be really funny, but I know to not get too close to them anymore. Had way too much drama from almost every ESFJ I know. Exhausting to be around.

- I actually really like ISFJ's as friends. It's always nice to have another introvert who has their stuff together around. They can be a little too into social rules though, which can be annoying. They also tend to think that their feelings are always right.

- Don't know a lot about ESTP's. I know a few and get along fine. I think they are the funny ones?... Never met an ENTP, but look forward to.

- I know a few INTP's-one was the weirdest guy I ever met. Had a very undeveloped sensory side which was hard to deal with. Once I got past his weirdness though, he was also one of the nicest guys I have ever met.

- I know one INTJ. We get along great when we can talk about efficiency and 'T' stuff. She is extremely unemotional and has no patience or understanding for feelings or sensory categories, but a great, interesting person nonetheless.

- ENTJ's - I admire their ability to take a stand and take control, but they are a little on the harsh side for me. Can be extremely intimidating.

- I only know one ENFP. When we first met he really liked me, but I didn't like how friendly he was so fast. We are friends now he doesn't bother me anymore. He did get oddly moody sometimes though at the littlest things.

- One of my best friends was an INFP. We had a two-faced relationship. At times we would get along so well it was like we knew what the other was thinking. Other times she did things that annoyed me so much I couldn't even understand why she acted certain ways.

- ENFJ/INFJ- only know one of each- the enfj was really friendly, I like her more than the esfj's because I never felt like she was trying to control me. I also got along great with the INFJ. The only thing is that she would sometimes start talking on and on about her 'n' ideas and I could never follow along or contribute to the conversation.

... I think that's all of them!

·
Banned
1,158 Posts
I had a neat idea of making a forum on what you think about the other personality types.

Maybe you like some type because of a trait that they have.
Or maybe you dislike one because of something.

Which one confuses you the most?
Which one would you prefer to be with, in a relationship?
Which is the least/most interesting?
Which do you know the least/most about?
(Feel free to bring up any unasked questions)

Sooo, what do you think about the other personality types?
they stink. no, i kid, i dont know anything about the other types.

Reactions: niss

·
MOTM May 2011
14,041 Posts
W-H-A-t?!? There are other personality types?!?:wink:

I don't tend to categorize people I meet based on personality types. I was put here to get a job done. The peoples either helps me do the job or theys hinder me. If they hellps, I'm happy. If they hinders, I'ma mowin' 'em down.:shocked::wink::laughing:

Reactions: Sela
1 - 5 of 5 Posts