Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a neat idea of making a forum on what you think about the other personality types.

Maybe you like some type because of a trait that they have.
Or maybe you dislike one because of something.

Which one confuses you the most?
Which one would you prefer to be with, in a relationship?
Which is the least/most interesting?
Which do you know the least/most about?
(Feel free to bring up any unasked questions)

Sooo, what do you think about the other personality types?

·
Banned
211 Posts
I'm currently in a relationship with an ISFP and I've met a few ISFPs before and I've realized that for me, they're the most confusing out of all types. The way they explain everything hardly makes sense to me and it's not clearly stated or organized, which makes it hard for me to follow through and actually understand what they're trying to say. I'm single minded, and it makes it harder if they focus on more than one topic at a time. :confused: I think this applies to SPs in general. I also find that a lot of his answers changes a lot, so I don't know which is which after awhile or until much later on, and it makes my head spin.

relationship wise with friends, I'd say ENTJ, INTJ, ESFJ or an ISFJ. My best friend was an ISFJ and we got along great. The pace of our conversation went by great and it felt as if we didn't have to push ourselves in order to talk. For some reason, they always felt comfortable around me and would tell me everything and what was going on with them, which makes it much easier for me to communicate with them. I also met an ESFJ and we also got along great, but he was always busy so I didn't have the time to get to sit with him and actually talk. I've met an INTJ, and we can talk about everything and agree on everything for the most part.

and a long-term relationship, I'd say ISFP, ISFJ or an INFJ. I balance out with them much better when it came to our differences in our personalities. I also get to work on my weakest points and see other point of views that are different from mine, that's why preferably, I'd want to be in a relationship with someone who's almost at the opposite end of the straw from mines. It's also good to open up to a different view point other than yours.

I personally find ENFPs and INFPs interesting. Maybe because I hardly meet ENFPs or INFPs in real life. I don't necessarily click with a lot of them but they're fun to talk to and how we're very different from me makes it all interesting, including our conversation. ISTJs would make it to the list as far as being the most least interesting.

I know a lot about ISFPs in general because I'm in a relationship with one, and I know how it's like. I also know ESFJs and ISFJs. My best friend was an ISFJ and he tells me alot about himself, enough to know how he's like. I have another friend who's an INFJ, and she rarely tells me anything or opens up to me, unless it's the obvious then she tells me about what's going on. But other than that, I have to guess everything because it isn't clear.

·
MOTM July 2010
4,596 Posts
ESTJ: They are fine. I like the way we have the same weird humor that not everybody can easily understand. LOL.
ISTJ: Oh, I love them! (although they can be so stubbornly narrow minded).
ESFJ: I have love and hate relationship with them. They are genuine people, but I can't trust them. In unhealthy state, they always try to compete with me for stupid/unimportant things.
ISFJ: They are funny and genuine people. But their natural insecurity sometimes make me want to slap them.

ENTJ: Boring but dependable. I adore their mindset, especially at work.
INTJ: Boring yet arrogant. Not a good combination. But they are steady, non-dramatic, and their cleverness turns me on. :p
ENTP: Cool to hang out with, but undependable.
INTP: Lazy. Predictable. Funny. Nice. No Action Talk Only.

ESTP: Nice people, dependable, but likes to compete for irrational-unimportant reasons.
ISTP: Cute. Clown outside, mushy-mushy bunny inside. Predictable.
ESFP: They can't sit still and be quiet. They drive me nuts.
ISFP: Funny. Nice people. They pretend to be confident, but I know better.

ENFP: They fall in love with me faster than any type. Undependable. They often think they know me well, yet I continue surprising them. LOL.
INFP: Supersensitive. Forgetful. Creative. Funny. Can't control their emotion well, makes them looks immature.
ENFJ: Nice. Party go-ers. Independent. ENFJs I know are all celebrity wannabe.
INFJ: Sticky. Most guys who likes me are from this type (dunno why). Coward. Neat. Too-private. They can't control their emotion well either.

·
Registered
32 Posts
@Wicked Queen

I believe you have the wrong conception of INFj type; coward is rarely used to describe the type, even in the MBTI description, they are protectors and activists; that kind of activity takes a person who has strong convictions , infact, I have seen a few INFj take some risks in life to protect people where most people would not tread those waters. Please try to get to know the kind before you make these gross generalizations, which I find very one sided.

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts

·
MOTM July 2010
4,596 Posts
@Wicked Queen

I believe you have the wrong conception of INFj type; coward is rarely used to describe the type, even in the MBTI description, they are protectors and activists; that kind of activity takes a person who has strong convictions, infact, I have seen a few INFj take some risks in life to protect people where most people would not tread those waters.
INFJs that I know are all have huge fear for ridiculous thing. They are afraid of: the dark, spiders, lizard, airplane, speaking in public, swimming in the lake, take a shower alone in hotel room, things under the bed, open their closet before turn on the light, bill hook, blood, germs, slightest mysterious voice in the alley, bungee jumping, snorkeling, the sea in the night, yada yada yada.

Please try to get to know the kind before you make these gross generalizations, which I find very one sided.
I think I know enough INFJs to have one sided generalization.
http://personalitycafe.com/infj-forum-protectors/9230-infjs-not-rare.html

Reactions: Allium

·
Banned
85 Posts
INFP: Supersensitive. Forgetful. Creative. Funny. Can't control their emotion well, makes them looks immature.

I feel I'm somewhere between these two, and every point is spot on (particularly lazy, forgetful, creative, and especially No Action Talk Only! Drove my ISTJ father NUTS!:tongue:)

·
Registered
345 Posts

ENFP: They fall in love with me faster than any type. Undependable. They often think they know me well, yet I continue surprising them. LOL.
I am a little in love with an ESTJ boy. I cannot claim to understand him at all, he always surprises me. But when we are on the same wavelength, and he looks at me and smiles, bam, there it is. You know you can say undependable about day to day things, and I agree, but in terms of friendships, I would walk across hot coals for any one of my friends and gladly take a bullet for someone I care about. We'll be there for you, just maybe not quite on time :crazy:

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
You think that we love you...we have you fooled! We are plotting the downfall of all the ESTJs!
You will never see it com-- Oh shit!...
GREAT JOB! Quick, give 'em cake and get in the van!

...(ESTJs like cake, right?)

Reactions: serendipitous

·
Registered
74 Posts
@Wicked Queen

I believe you have the wrong conception of INFj type; coward is rarely used to describe the type, even in the MBTI description, they are protectors and activists; that kind of activity takes a person who has strong convictions , infact, I have seen a few INFj take some risks in life to protect people where most people would not tread those waters. Please try to get to know the kind before you make these gross generalizations, which I find very one sided.
You really can't be acting defensive about Wicked Queen's opinion...I mean you came on to this thread knowing that gross generalizations were going to be made in the first place, correct?

I find this thread very interesting. Thank you! :tongue:

·
Registered
11 Posts
I like the gross generalizations, WickedQueen! I just don't know how someone knows that many people & their types to even be able to jump to these conclusions.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I personally find ENFPs and INFPs interesting. Maybe because I hardly meet ENFPs or INFPs in real life. I don't necessarily click with a lot of them but they're fun to talk to and how we're very different from me makes it all interesting, including our conversation. ISTJs would make it to the list as far as being the most least interesting.
That is so funny because I totally get the sense that ESTJs think I'm from another planet! haha
I lived with two ESJT room mates during my senior year of college, and we didn't really click in traditional ways, except when we were drinking. But I always really appreciated them and I know they appreciated me, and would say that I was interesting, or that the things I would say were weird. lol
They're still two of my closest friends!

Oh well, what can you do?
I appreciate your openness to us, I know we can say a lot of really random things, but that just reflects our random minds I guess.

·
MOTM July 2010
4,596 Posts
I like the gross generalizations, WickedQueen! I just don't know how someone knows that many people & their types to even be able to jump to these conclusions.
My elementary school friends.

My middle school friends.

My high school friends.

My college friends.

My ex-colleagues (from my previous job).

My colleagues.

So yes, I know that many people. :tongue:

·
MOTM July 2010
4,596 Posts
The fact that you know many doesn't mean you necessarily understand them.
LOL. Nobody can completely understand anybody. My friends very often misunderstands me, although we have been friends for years.

I wrote somewhere on this forum about how I figured out their type. I asked them questions related to MBTI. Once I figured out their type, I explain to them about their type and get their feedback. Some times I just guessed their type because their character is so obvious, like talkative and energetic, etc. And then I confirmed my guess to them and get their feedback. That's how I know about their type.
:happy:

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Nobody is taking this as science. These are all pure layman observations, which are not without a grain of truth.

Think of birds. People observe them flying. However, it takes research and scientific study to determine whether each and every bird can fly. So maybe chickens and dodos can't fly, but enough birds do, which justify the assumption that "birds fly".

·
Registered
395 Posts
INFJs that I know are all have huge fear for ridiculous thing. They are afraid of: the dark, spiders, lizard, airplane, speaking in public, swimming in the lake, take a shower alone in hotel room, things under the bed, open their closet before turn on the light, bill hook, blood, germs, slightest mysterious voice in the alley, bungee jumping, snorkeling, the sea in the night, yada yada yada.

I think you are wronged. People who claim to be INFJ...many are mistaken. People yearn to be rare. Also, just because they are infj, does not make us all the same. I can guarantee I am one in 6 billion. Guarantee it. Well, one in 2 million. Just by my name I am one in 6 billion.

I am NOT scared of any of these things. I am scared of being alone, I am scared of losing my temper and hurting someone. FEAR does not make one a coward. I think this is obvious. I detest cowardice more than anything. Cowardice is not physical, often it is a fear of doing something not just dumb stuff you listed.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts

LOL... These guys clearly watch too many horror movies. Would they fancy being alone in a house with a doll with red hair? :crazy:

·
MOTM July 2010
4,596 Posts
Reactions: Vaka

·
Registered
5,730 Posts
Lazy? Hardly; we do what we need to.
Predictable? I don't see how you can guess what we'll do?
Funny? Yay, someone likes our jokes!
Nice? Most people assume that our nice mode is being deadpan; our mean mode is downright demonic.
No Action? Really, I've managed to get down 200+ pages of original literary work.
Talk Only? Does this mean we're invisible? In that case... *sneaks into the ladies' locker room.*

1 - 20 of 34 Posts