Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
What do you think about this French article about the harmfulness of working in the 21st century in your life and region?

you can translate in google .. http://www.leparisien.fr/economie/travailler-plus-de-50-heures-par-semaine-exposerait-a-des-troubles-psychiques-27-11-2018-7954701.php

- In the first place work over 50 hours, ie a weekly work time exceeding 50 hours, ??? Is it worth for your? ... maybe private activity in some parts is better?

- the risk of occurrence of mental disorders also increases irregular working hours, too much stress, mobbing and

- dissatisfaction with the performance of trivial job duties ??
Do you have such a situation?

Other factors have been identified: night work, irregular hours, transport time exceeding 1h 30 a day ... ???

·
Registered
77 Posts
@fabi I read your article. I think that most stress during work comes from being in unfamiliar situations.

So stress from work can be caused by irregular working hours, too much stress, mobbing, transport time, dissatisfaction, etc.

But stress doesn't occur if the employee becomes used to (or was already used to) these working conditions.

·
♂️ INFJ 5w4 // IEI-Ni
2,806 Posts
Sure, working 50 hours a week sounds ridiculous.

I would rather it be along the lines of a 20 hour work week (4 hours / 5 days a week) on average, and supplement wages with a universal basic income and other such worker benefits.

·
Registered
290 Posts
50 hour work weeks sucked, but I did them anyway when I started my career because working fewer hours in cool/fun jobs wasn't getting me where I wanted to be in life. I reached a point where a hedonistic and casual lifestyle was no longer fulfilling. I'm not particularly gifted and I don't come from privilege, but I do have a strong work ethic. They call us grinders in the business world, and most of the successful people I know are the same way.

Managing stress is a constant struggle for grinders. Everyone wants a piece of you, and it can be difficult to have anything left over for friends, family and hobbies. Why do it, you ask? To have the best friends, family and hobbies money can buy, of course /s.

Dissatisfaction with trivial job duties? Maybe when I was climbing the ladder, but 20 years into my career I now savor the non-stressful menial tasks.

Night work, excessive travel, irregular hours, on-call work, long commutes? Yes, they all suck. But grinders do them anyway because the gifted and privileged will not. The ends justify the means, but you have to decide what means you are able to tolerate.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts