Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I decided to make a new thread..and post along a video about it so some information isn't lost when I communicate with you guys...although there is the whole time separation dealy and the fact that it's a one sided convo...to begin anyways.

This is the origins to this thread.
I liked the moderators post of not STEREOTYPING types. Thank-you! thank-you!

I create and I have morals!! Take that stereotypes!! I can take criticism...I am also an INFJ...(I've been meaning to make a Video on criticism, because I've "learned" from my critiques for my studio courses. You'd wonder how many times I'd cry if someone said, "you should have used green instead of purple."

Reads forum rules and deletes some stuff, thinks more about making the video...)
YouTube - Critique my Criticism

What do you think? Really I don't have any specific questions to ask. Maybe someone else does. Is there are certain types of criticism that we can take and others that we can't. But really...what personality type can't handle criticism that was meant just to intentionally hurt the other?

Topics I copied from Wiki
1. Criticism and narcissists
2. Criticism and paranoids
3. Criticism and avoidants
4. Criticism and dependents

5. Constructive criticism- is a compassionate attitude towards the person qualified for criticism. Having higher experience, gifts, respect, knowledge in specific field and being able to verbally convince at the same time, this person is intending to uplift the other person materially, morally, emotionally or spiritually. For high probability in succeeding compassionate criticism, the critic has to be in some kind of healthy personal relationship with the other one, which is normally a parent to child, friend to friend, teacher to student, spouse to spouse or any kind of recognized authority in specific field. Hence the word constructive is used so that something is created or visible outcome generated rather than the opposite. Participatory learning in pedagogy is based on these principles of constructive criticism, focusing on positive examples to be emulated over precepts to be followed.

There can be tension between friendly support and useful criticism. A critic might usefully help an individual artist to recognize what is poor or slapdash in their body of work, but the critic may appear harsh and judgmental in the process. Useful criticism is a practical part of constructive criticism.

6. Hypercriticism- Hypercriticism is a feature of certain personality types and is colloquially known as nitpicking or nagging. Nitpicking is minute, trivial, unnecessary, and unjustified criticism or faultfinding. Nagging is to scold, complain, or find fault constantly

7. Hypocriticism- Hypocriticism is criticism by somebody (a hypocrite) who criticizes another but does the same as the person they are criticizing.

8. Self-criticism- refers to the pointing out of things critical/important to one's own beliefs, thoughts, actions, behaviour or results; it can form part of private, personal reflection or a group discussion. Most people regard self-criticism as healthy and necessary for learning, but excessive or enforced self-criticism as unhealthy.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
In my experience with criticism, it was always that people thought "criticism" meant to use derogatory terms to basically put something down.

I wouldn't call myself an artist per se, but I can relate to what you may have meant when you discussed critiquing your artwork. In elementary school, I had a teacher who would consistently trash every doodle I made and told me that they were garbage. Not only that, but she told me that it was a worthless talent to have, and I should focus on something that could get me somewhere in life.

Later, in high school art class, I had a teacher try telling me that I can't produce anything original; that everything I sketched out was simply a copy of someone elses' character/style.

Now everyone just sort of gives me the base comment "Wow!" or "That's awesome!". I mean, it's a nice change of pace for sure, but what I really want to know is what to improve upon!

[/rant]

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I haven't watched Btmangan Video yet...:D the anticipation is killing me. (time has passed and I can edit..):proud:
But I do have a reply for Zomboy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qO3mZMGaoIw

Types of Criticism that I can't handle either Btmangan...

1. Not wishing well for the person, bitter or angry
2. Logical progression supporting their criticism/ logically sound. "you can't do this because then you won't have any friends." rofl...

(Oh man lying and sociopaths!! Lie to Me, there was an episode on this. Can't find it now though.)

I get so ticked off too!! I'm just like man they are plain stupid!!
Quoting Btmangan again
1. "Get out of there."
2. "dude, WTF?
two very valid approaches.":crazy:

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
lol... no one is listening to each other.

I guess thats the biggest critiscim of them all. lol

so...

I saw this thread and for a sec I thought it read "what do you think of Children?"

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

so...

I saw this thread and for a sec I thought it read "what do you think of Children?"
That's what's also lost in videos..but it can get some ideas going. :mellow:What do you think of Children GreenCoyote?

*Catches bus to take Canadian Art History, leaves thread to an ultimate and tragic chaotic destruction. Thinks about Narcissism and "Uncle Mark."

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Not to sound like a huge creeper, but I'm anticipating my move to Edmonton a bit more now. > >

so...

Me? Listen to others? HAH!

And in answer to your question: Delicious. ;)

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Ha ha ah oh man, you guys are awesome...I've said all that I need to say...unless something else comes up that takes my fantsy. :cool:

Read this quote in a comic about, "The anticipation of some future pleasure being better than the actual experience." Used the quote in my High school Graduation expert or whatever you want to call it. My entry was so depressing. Too bad I never got a Year Book, because I hated Highschool so much and only my younger sisters have that book somewhere. So ya..Things aren't always what they seem and I will so let you down. Which brings me to another topic..I'll save that for another day. Although..yes..there is a twinge of excitement of the virtual world colliding with the "real world" whatever that is. Hmm people may have good intentions but it is the actions etc.

*Blurts out* I want to make a collaborated video ok..it would be so cool. But I hate when promises are broken so I hate saying anything in fear of it never coming to be..

Good stuff.

*Zips mouth* Figuratively of course, but it can be done Mwah haha ah aha (It's not creepy btw Zomboy)

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
I was trying to make a video in response to yours, but it seems as though I lack the required software to do the job.

I suppose I'll just have to wait until I find someone else who has a camera and the time to make a bunch of silly videos of herthemselves. I wonder where I'll find someone like that? O:

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
I was trying to make a video in response to yours, but it seems as though I lack the required software to do the job.

I suppose I'll just have to wait until I find someone else who has a camera and the time to make a bunch of silly videos of herthemselves. I wonder where I'll find someone like that? O:
HEY! no making fun of me!

;)

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

oh you know that Video that INPatty did with the INFJ?

I have no idea how she did that, but it was so cool. When I saw Patty, I was like, "I want to be as cool as her". And when Emma (INFJ) was talking I was like, "Wow she's boring and I don't understand her.." :crazy: I should watch that 3 part video again. Good times. Maybe it was the Emma accent? *Dreams about making a video in WEM with Zomboy, with the lemurs in the background.* (I was watching so many INFJ intro videos I was sick from looking at the screen so long..was yours the vid with the love of green? And the weird eternal mirror in the background?)

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Haha, I haven't made any intro videos! I think I've posted nary a picture of myself, either. I am a man of mystery! Bwahaha!

*Dreams about making a video in WEM with Zomboy, with the lemurs in the background.*
Lemurs?! Perhaps we should instead make a video trying to type the lemurs. Yup.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Haha, I haven't made any intro videos! I think I've posted nary a picture of myself, either. I am a man of mystery! Bwahaha!

or we could just see a video of you!!!

POST ONE!!!!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Well Lemur also means "Ghost" and since you like "30 days of night artwork" (correct me if I'm wrong)...I'm sure...*second guesses* that your a human being..*coughs* Typing a lemur would be fascinating...

POST ONE!!!!
Peer pressure. People are comfortable which ever way.

This is bad. This is how I talk when I use to play MMORPG and quit because it was so friggen addicting and I lost 8 months of my life that I can never get back. I'm really not this outgoing. Or rapidly this witty or anything. Usually I'm scowling at anyone that tries to look at me.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Well Lemur also means "Ghost" and since you like "30 days of night artwork" (correct me if I'm wrong)...I'm sure...*second guesses* that your a human being..*coughs* Typing a lemur would be fascinating...
30 Days of Night artwork? I'm assuming you're referring to my DP? It's just an image I stole from a google image search for zombie stuff. I actually think it's from a comic called "The Walking Dead" (Of which I have the first three issues).

And I might be a human being. Between the ESP and lightning powers, it gets abit hard to tell.

POST ONE!!!!
Do I have to repeat myself? Yeesh, popularity is a tough game.

Will a quick snapshot work for you?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts