Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, Einsteins.

First, I'm doing my best to punctuate, so be nice:tongue:

Would you date one, or have you dated one? What do you think, would ENFP/INTP be a good match?

·
Wizard
3,135 Posts
Fun bunch. Infectious energy. I give your type four and a half out of five cupcakes of deliciousness, because I've already had my fill and they don't stay fresh for long.

·
Iron Fist
3,684 Posts
That don't sound good at all. What did you do?
If you're going to take 4.5/5 as a no, then INTP isn't for you. That's actually his way of saying he digs us. Also Trope is a closet F who loves the snuggles, so I advise to prepare yourself mentally for what's coming next. If an ISTP or INTJ comes in here saying ooh they sooo kyoot and wuvvy and fwufffy.. also don't take it personal, they have all been dumped by our kind before at some point.

·
Wizard
3,135 Posts
If you're going to take 4.5/5 as a no, then INTP isn't for you. That's actually his way of saying he digs us.
True.
Also Trope is a closet F who loves the snuggles, so I advise to prepare yourself mentally for what's coming next.
Partial truth at best. Heresy at worst. Depends primarily upon the individual I'm dealing with.

If an ISTP or INTJ comes in here saying ooh they sooo kyoot and wuvvy and fwufffy.. also don't take it personal, they have all been dumped by our kind before at some point.
Probably true, but they don't count. This thread is about INTPs. *kicks the nearest ISTP in the head and beats the INTJ at chess*

See how they cry? Yeah.

·
Registered
5,730 Posts
Trope is a closet F who loves the snuggles.
I heard from an ENFP that all INTP's have gooey inner cores surrounded by thick armor. This is true. I personally love ENFP's, although the ENFJ with P tendancy is my favorate, followed by maybe the ENTJ or the INTJ.

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
Based on my experience with one ENFP (who I'm pretty sure is also a 6), they can be fun for a while but then they eventually get really annoying, especially if you want introvert time and they won't leave you alone, so no, I probably wouldn't date one.

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
I heard from an ENFP that all INTP's have gooey inner cores surrounded by thick armor.
that's true, you just take an INTP and remove the wrapper, then you put it in your mouth and slowly chew the thick outer armor, eventually you'll get to the gooey inner core

·
Registered
5,730 Posts
^But that's if the INTP defense poison doesn't kill you first. We suffer from hedgehog's dilema.

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
>.> I still don't fully get INTPs. I'd have to puzzle you out, which would probably annoy you long before you realized that I'm fairly introverted for an ENFP. Almost all of my friends are IN**....just no INTPs. I kind of get the feeling you guys like to not be fully understood...like the mystique is part of what makes you...you? I can kind of see your thought process after the fact with most things....but right away, it baffles me. I'm used to the IN*Js...they're always so straightforward and (somewhat) logical when it comes to their trains of thought. I'm the only one who's supposed to come flying out of left field. >.> And INTPs don't even seem to blink when I do, as if it's the most natural thing to bring up pudding in the middle of a discussion about the state of the economy. O.O

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
That's it too. I can outmaneuver an INTJ....but INTPs are slippery little devils. I can't seem to win a verbal sparring match.

What wouldn't be relevant to a conversation? Cardboard cutouts of celebrities from the 1980s?

·
Wizard
3,135 Posts
Oooh, can they be midget celebrities from the 80s? Maybe Gary Coleman or Tatoo from Fantasy Island. Would the guy who played the original R2D2 count? I hear he's still alive and kicking.

To be fair, NTJs are a fun bunch to make sport of, but most of them aren't all that difficult to outmaneuver by shifting things mid-stride. In the time I've been here, I only remember conceding to one once and I console my otherwise shattered ego with the fact that it was his word game of choice and I had never played it before. . . well, that and the fact that I doubt he even remembers.

Fact is, NJs just don't change tracks like NPs which certainly isn't a bad thing in the long run.

·
Registered
523 Posts
>.> I still don't fully get INTPs. I'd have to puzzle you out, which would probably annoy you long before you realized that I'm fairly introverted for an ENFP. Almost all of my friends are IN**....just no INTPs. I kind of get the feeling you guys like to not be fully understood...like the mystique is part of what makes you...you? I can kind of see your thought process after the fact with most things....but right away, it baffles me. I'm used to the IN*Js...they're always so straightforward and (somewhat) logical when it comes to their trains of thought. I'm the only one who's supposed to come flying out of left field. >.> And INTPs don't even seem to blink when I do, as if it's the most natural thing to bring up pudding in the middle of a discussion about the state of the economy. O.O
:shocked: Shh! Don't go around telling people about that!

I've known one ENFP. If I wasn't pretty sure he was gay I'd have said yes if he asked me on a date. At least if I, uh, actually realised he was asking me on a date. He was fun to talk to (and I say "was", not because he's dead, but because I have no idea where in the worl he is now and we're not in contact any longer).

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
:shocked: Shh! Don't go around telling people about that!

I've known one ENFP. If I wasn't pretty sure he was gay I'd have said yes if he asked me on a date. At least if I, uh, actually realised he was asking me on a date. He was fun to talk to (and I say "was", not because he's dead, but because I have no idea where in the worl he is now and we're not in contact any longer).
The thing about ENFPs is...it's hard to tell sexual preference. We love everyone, first of all...and I swear we're one of the most gender neutral types when it comes to our behavior. Males in particular are very expressive and have certain mannerisms and speech patterns that are commonly seen in the way gay men are portrayed on television.

>.> I just remembered something crypt said and it clicked, Trope. Ne vs Ni. Extraverted Intuition is what allows you to take whatever comes and go with it.

·
Registered
523 Posts
The thing about ENFPs is...it's hard to tell sexual preference. We love everyone, first of all...and I swear we're one of the most gender neutral types when it comes to our behavior. Males in particular are very expressive and have certain mannerisms and speech patterns that are commonly seen in the way gay men are portrayed on television.

>.> I just remembered something crypt said and it clicked, Trope. Ne vs Ni. Extraverted Intuition is what allows you to take whatever comes and go with it.
Hm, I don't know about that; he didn't act like a stereotypical gay man. That he sucked off another (male) classmate in a broom closet is why I'm pretty sure he's gay... (I'm 99% percent it's true since the other guy told me. He's like the most extroverted person I've ever known, and not in a good way) Of course, he could be bi(curious) or something. *shrug*

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
Hm, I don't know about that; he didn't act like a stereotypical gay man. That he sucked off another (male) classmate in a broom closet is why I'm pretty sure he's gay... (I'm 99% percent it's true since the other guy told me. He's like the most extroverted person I've ever known, and not in a good way) Of course, he could be bi(curious) or something. *shrug*
O.O I wouldn't say that ENFPs aren't sometimes bi-curious...but you'd know better than I would in this case.

·
Registered
37 Posts
If youre looking to get into something with an intp, this advice might help you out a little bit from my own experience....

If they say something that seems sort of nice, like.."good job"..followed by "but..you couldve done better with (insert task/accomplishment here)" it actually means quite a bit.
As an enfp, this is more irritating to me, but thats just the way they are (i think).

I think there is a lot of patience needed on both ends. An INTP will typically need a lot of breathing room. I can see how and ENFP might irritate them. I find their attention to detail (my INTP friend anyway) is rather exhausting. Making a lot of corrections in your grammar(I await the corrections!!) or in the things you might be very solid on could become sort of aggravating to deal with.
There is also a lack of emotional openess they dont feel the need to express as much as we do. I know I personally like it when a guy tells me how hes feeling often. That goes typically though with an ENFP, however INTP's dont have that need. They are lucky in that sense because I wish I didnt have to do that.

On the other hand, I totally understand how these two personality types would do well together. In all fairness, my INTP friend is pretty social, he can out party me on any night we go out, hes extremely friendly to everyone he meets, makes good connections with people, gets people intrugued with him easily, but emotionally...completely useless. If you're an intelligent ENFP and have a lot to talk about, and are mentally ready for a challenge, then you'll like it. I personally love my friendship with the one male INTP friend I have. He's extremely sarcastic and very funny.

They make great friends and are very loyal. I know I can count on him as long as hes not being lazy. Hopefully you'll read up on this personality type and learn as much as you can.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts