Votes: 7 20.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 95 Posts

·
Banned
16,978 Posts
So a Eurasian woman present the ideal. Western appearance with Asian personality.
I wonder what happens if she looks very Asian, but with a western personality. . .
Well I wouldn't go that far, since most of those things are based in stereotypes. Also I don't think most of the people who have these attitudes think about them so closely - I don't think if you asked nerdy guys who prefer Asian women (a common combination) why they like Asian women many of them would say because the perception of them as docile and obedient is less intimidating to them. It's more like just an automatic response I think, if you asked them what they thought about Pashtun or Persian or Arab or whatever women (just throwing some "Eurasians" together there) they'd probably have a different automatic response based on stereotypes of those people.

Cover3 said:
Part of it may be racism, but the most utter disrespect towards black women sadly often come from their own race, so there's def. a cultural problem at play here, as opposed to some massive amount of white people consciously congregating ideas and putting down / insulting black women as a group.
I didn't say that those people I was talking about who denigrate the way black women look are doing so consciously, in fact I'm petty sure it's subconscious. You're misunderstanding what I said.

I doubt the validity of your statement that the worst of it comes from other black women, but even if its true I don't think it's my place as a white man to tell black women what their problems are and how to solve them, ESPECIALLY in this context.

·
Registered
4,314 Posts
Well I wouldn't go that far, since most of those things are based in stereotypes. Also I don't think most of the people who have these attitudes think about them so closely - I don't think if you asked nerdy guys who prefer Asian women (a common combination) why they like Asian women many of them would say because the perception of them as docile and obedient is less intimidating to them. It's more like just an automatic response I think, if you asked them what they thought about Pashtun or Persian or Arab or whatever women (just throwing some "Eurasians" together there) they'd probably have a different automatic response based on stereotypes of those people.

I didn't say that those people I was talking about who denigrate the way black women look are doing so consciously, in fact I'm petty sure it's subconscious. You're misunderstanding what I said.

I doubt the validity of your statement that the worst of it comes from other black women, but even if its true I don't think it's my place as a white man to tell black women what their problems are and how to solve them, ESPECIALLY in this context.
Go ahead, but I still don't get what point you're trying to make here.

·
Banned
14,801 Posts
So can the latest ipad3.
Yes but this is about SEX and relationships, and attraction is about sex.

This wasn't in the politics section under "omg isn't this racist."

·
Registered
382 Posts
I thought this was a beauty contest that Eurasians were winning?:tongue:

We're pretty much voicing our opinion on the attractiveness of Eurasian people. No big.

PHOTO TIME PLEEEEEEASE???:kitteh:

It would be fun to see different mixes.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
I mostly have pics of 3:1, Germanic and Japanese.

As for attraction, meh; I've seen too much fine in too many places from too many places.

·
Banned
551 Posts
bloodline and aesthetically speaking, i am Eurasian.

that's being said, i am not really attracted to other people with full or even partial middle eastern looks. i like 'em pale to bronze (skin), blue to green (eyes), blond to red (hair)... i can't really get more stereotypical can i? :p

so... no, i don't like OTHER eurasians. as far as i am concerned there are exactly one good looking eurasian:

·
Registered
4,550 Posts
some are some arent, people like different things. I tend to find Hispanic, native and asian looking men attractive, so i suppose Eurasian (a term im unfamilar with) are ok. I wouldnt say they are MORE attractive than other or my own races. If your examples are tv stars... well of course they are more likely to be attractive.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
I came here happy.
Now im leaving thinking about how much i hate being separted as "races".

I for one am offended. I was going to state my race but im not now because it will just be another figure to generalize.

·
Banned
551 Posts
ok i just glimpsed at some posts and.. what's wrong with you people bringing political correctness into sex? ofcourse people are a little racist about what looks they prefer, looks is that one thing that we can say with a 99% certainty that race is a big part of (now that's Michel Jackson is dead).

if your complaining that people are shallow because their physical attraction to others is influenced by how people look, knock yourself out, but for god's sake if you care about the size of someone's shoulders/breasts or any other physical feature, then don't complain that other people have a preference between round/almond/slanted eyes.

·
Banned
14,801 Posts
Well this is awkward.

I wanted to come in and talk about Eurasians, but it looks like I'd be interrupting some big argument...

I'll just take my sexy thoughts elsewhere...
NO PLEASE I WANT YOUR SEXY THOUGHTS.

That's part of what caused the argument.

:(

Pictures?

·
Banned
17,781 Posts
@Olena

Disclaimer: before anyone accuses me of being a racist
- I have mentioned diverse groups of people (including my own)
- I'm talking about cultures associated with different races, not the individuals of that race (ex, a latino person can do whatever they want and are 99.99% identical to a white person genetically; however, latino culture has XYZ ridiculous social norms that are arrogant and stupid)
- to all who read this (this is not directed at Olena), don't bother responding if you are looking to be offended for a false sense of self importance, because I am in a REALLY bad mood for unrelated reasons and will Ne-Te verbal bitch slap the hell out of yo ass)

I think a lot of different cultures need to get over themselves
white culture:
- you are not instantly a Marilyn Monroe super model just because you are an American blonde woman
- you are not "doing a guy a favor" by having sex with him. if you don't want to have sex with him, then don't; if you do, stop complaining.
- the world does not owe you something for being hot. (hot white people seem to share this problem more than cultures of other races)
- you are not entitled to a car, a house, a college loan and a 9-5 job. this is not The Brady Bunch, Mad Men or Desperate Housewives.
- a college degree does not guarantee you a corporate job, enough money to buy a new car, a new big screen TV and a remodeled kitchen every 6 months. life is more complicated than that
- keeping up on sports, renovating your home, having a superior set of power tools and forcing your children to make varsity football do not make you superior (personally, I look down on people like this)
- being a bitch =/= being a strong, independent woman. if anything, it's probably correlated with being insecure and/or thinking that the world owes you something.

black culture:
- the world is not conspiring to "bring down the colored man"
- being white doesn't make you "weaker"
- being white does not mean you are incapable of having style, soul, conviction or personality
- if you don't want people to stereotype you, STOP PERPETUATING THE STEREOTYPES! I know this is only a minority of black people that do this, but it bothers me when a stereotyped group does this (I'm sure the black people who don't fit or perpetuate these stereotypes feel the same way I feel about gay men that perpetuate stereotypes)
- being black does not instantly make you a hardcore gangster. neither does it mean that you don't sound like an idiot when you talk like you are

latino culture
- you don't have to be white to be racist
- it's not impossible for a white person to understand you.
- it is not "more noble" to be poor. integrity and wealth are not correlated. (white and black culture often share this line of thinking too, but it seems particularly prominent in latino culture) it is noble to work hard at providing for your family (if you do that, props, you deserve it) but that doesn't mean being poor is noble

....rant OVER

·
Registered
4,550 Posts
- I'm talking about cultures associated with different races, not the individuals of that race (ex, a latino person can do whatever they want and are 99.99% identical to a white person genetically; however, latino culture has XYZ ridiculous social norms that are arrogant and stupid)
ok so you sideswept "racist" but are insulting cultures? latinos are very diverse racially amongst themselves. how about we just get back on topic.

·
Banned
17,781 Posts
ok so you sideswept "racist" but are insulting cultures? latinos are very diverse racially amongst themselves. how about we just get back on topic.
for the record, I am talking about mainstream american white, latino, black etc cultures.

I have no problem insulting cultures or social norms. it's no different than
- insulting early Mayan cultures for sacrificing children
- insulting Arabian culture for oppressing women
- insulting various feudalistic cultures for neglecting the value of human right and adopting a "might makes right" approach to life

the above are extreme examples illustrating my point that just because something is "acceptable in that culture" does not mean that it should be respected. take human sacrifice for instance. I don't care what culture you are from, sacrificing children is despicable and evil. again, the points I listed here are extreme examples, but the same general concept applies to the points in my previous points.

anyway, since
- I'm frustrated by an unrelated issue ATM
- I went raging Fi on people
- I went hella stress E1
I'm going to calm down now and ease up and end my non topical rant -sips green tea and takes a deep breath-. in the mean time....
mmmm tasty ^_^

41 - 60 of 95 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.