Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Fe would be our last function, right? I don't get into shadow function crap. but anyways Fe is like nails on a chalk board to me, however, I tend to like Fi. As long as the Fi user isn't clinging to some completely irrational idea, I find Fi to be pleasant. It warms my soul.

Reactions: Linnifae

·
Banned
4,265 Posts
Fi is insecure, always needs assurance that it isn't being insulted, and is always next to Te which means Fi users always feel the need to impose their beliefs on others. So basically I have issues with Fi when these problems arise. Otherwise Fi users are very good at holding meaningful conversations.

·
Banned
4,265 Posts
You're forgetting IXTJ's. When I say imposing their beliefs, its the Te I'm talking about. Te is a megaphone of whatever Fi has to offer, so the INFP's I know tend to be the worst backseat drivers. I'm not so sure about ISFP's though, if i wasn't so attracted to them I'd probably find something to dislike about them.

ESTJ will do try to stop you from doing something you're doing that makes them uncomfortable
ISTJ will impose the rules on you in some way
ENTJ will argue with you to the death if you disagree with them
INTJ will pretty much do the same but in a less offensive manner
INFP are backseat drivers
ESFP can be complete assholes without realizing it because they just say things driven by their impulsive emotions

as for ISFP and ENFP, I haven't met enough to arrive at a particular stereotype. I do know ENFP's arn't the best with criticism, but I'm not sure if they lash out unintelligibly like some of the INFP's I've met.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
You're forgetting IXTJ's. When I say imposing their beliefs, its the Te I'm talking about. Te is a megaphone of whatever Fi has to offer, so the INFP's I know tend to be the worst backseat drivers. I'm not so sure about ISFP's though, if i wasn't so attracted to them I'd probably find something to dislike about them.

ESTJ will do try to stop you from doing something you're doing that makes them uncomfortable
ISTJ will impose the rules on you in some way
ENTJ will argue with you to the death if you disagree with them
INTJ will pretty much do the same but in a less offensive manner
INFP are backseat drivers
ESFP can be complete assholes without realizing it because they just say things driven by their impulsive emotions

as for ISFP and ENFP, I haven't met enough to arrive at a particular stereotype. I do know ENFP's arn't the best with criticism, but I'm not sure if they lash out unintelligibly like some of the INFP's I've met.
I see what you mean. I thought the whole rules thing with SJ's came from the Si, though. :unsure:

·
Banned
4,265 Posts
well ISTJ's feel personally offended when you dishonor what they believe in (at least from my observations... I can't explain it any other way when I see them radiate anger when I break rules.)

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
that makes sense, I always forget about tertiary functions.

Haha, that reminds me, one time i went camping with an ISTJ, and we were talking about food. I called fish a meat, and she had to correct me. So I laughed and said "why isn't fish a meat, cause jesus said so?" (she's devout catholic). I never saw her look so pissed before hahaha.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
This. I love my ISTJ's Fi. I don't understand it but boy does it do wonderful things.
ISTJ's are cute :)

and we should not post on after another, our avatars are too similar :tongue:

·
Banned
2,009 Posts
me, as an ISFP, i don't mind jokes and some level of ignorance, but i would definitely impose my Fi if that person was an extreme-right idiot. i can't stand it when people are deliborately bashing someone because of the color of their skin or sexuality, and i can't stand people who believe they can take a swing at my personal freedom e.g. saying smoking should be 100% illegal and people who smoke should be put to jail, and stupid shit like that. they need to wake up and smell the fucking coffee, and it's my job to deliver. but other than that you can pretty much say and do whatever you want, i don't mind.

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
me, as an ISFP, i don't mind jokes and some level of ignorance, but i would definitely impose my Fi if that person was an extreme-right idiot. i can't stand it when people are deliborately bashing someone because of the color of their skin or sexuality, and i can't stand people who believe they can take a swing at my personal freedom e.g. saying smoking should be 100% illegal and people who smoke should be put to jail, and stupid shit like that. they need to wake up and smell the fucking coffee, and it's my job to deliver. but other than that you can pretty much say and do whatever you want, i don't mind.

I dont really care if someone smokes as long as they dont go blowing it in my face or bitching at me because I wont smoke with them. Also, if your in my house, the porch is where your gonna smoke, if ya smoke inside of course imma toss your ass out XD. (mostly has to do with the fact that being near smoke (tobacco/Marijuana/etc really fucks up my breathing, so yeah. That and I cant stand the smell, unless its the fruit scented stuff like for some cigars/pipe tobacco.)

Sometimes tones of racism and such CAN make some jokes better, but not all. I have been guilty of using it to play around with stereotypes, mostly to prove that said stereotype is a bunch of bull. Now if offending someone does in fact elicit a very amusing reaction, then I do get tempted to offend them further simply for the lulz, but this is a somewhat rare occurrence.

Reactions: SyndiCat

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
When I was younger I think I used my Fi in more imposing, forceful ways. Now I've mellowed and pretty much don't care what others want to do or think as long as they allow me the same courtesy.

·
Banned
2,009 Posts
I dont really care if someone smokes as long as they dont go blowing it in my face or bitching at me because I wont smoke with them. Also, if your in my house, the porch is where your gonna smoke, if ya smoke inside of course imma toss your ass out XD. (mostly has to do with the fact that being near smoke (tobacco/Marijuana/etc really fucks up my breathing, so yeah. That and I cant stand the smell, unless its the fruit scented stuff like for some cigars/pipe tobacco.)

Sometimes tones of racism and such CAN make some jokes better, but not all. I have been guilty of using it to play around with stereotypes, mostly to prove that said stereotype is a bunch of bull. Now if offending someone does in fact elicit a very amusing reaction, then I do get tempted to offend them further simply for the lulz, but this is a somewhat rare occurrence.
Yupp. Where my freedom ends, yours begin.

Reactions: DemonAbyss10

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Fi is very useful as long as it's kept under control of Ti (or any other trustworthy function).

The problem with Fi-people is often that their beliefs and feelings can be very crooked, illogical, hurtful and/or unfair. Those Fi-people who crave for fairness and politeness give out very wishy-washy vibes, trying to please everyone. There is no way to argue against or counter a Fi-user, because they don't articulate the core of their beliefs but only the effects of them.

·
Registered
743 Posts
The problem with Fi-people is often that their beliefs and feelings can be very crooked, illogical, hurtful and/or unfair. Those Fi-people who crave for fairness and politeness give out very wishy-washy vibes, trying to please everyone. There is no way to argue against or counter a Fi-user, because they don't articulate the core of their beliefs but only the effects of them.
Very true.

Reactions: ItsAlwaysSunny
1 - 20 of 25 Posts