Personality Cafe banner

Which best describes your opinion of INFPs?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We all know how you love ENFPs and How much ENFPs love you (gag) but what do you INTJs think of idealistic philosopher INFPs? The researcher in me wants hard data so I put into a special poll using INTJ language to the best of my NF abilities.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Love/hate. My best and worst friendships were with INFPs (worst because one is a disturbed, creepy stalker who fell in love with me). Best because there's nobody else quite so intelligent, compassionate and humane.

·
Over 300 Confirmed Kills
10,604 Posts
IDK.

I know one who is so much like me I'd swear she's INTP but another who is not at all like her and is easily offended.

Reactions: Zeitgeist

·
Registered
174 Posts
I have an INFP friend. He's freaking nuts, but I love him! We can get really pissed off with each other at times and occasionally need to avoid each other for the sakes of our sanity, but he's easily one of my favorite people. He definitely views things differently and I admire his perspective.

·
Banned
13,780 Posts
A guy I work with is INFP, he is a good guy but way too vocal generally.
INFP and vocal? ^^ this I have to see :p. Does he appear aloof and T-ish? (infps are T-ish because of Fi, which is not expressed. To be precice Te-ish).

·
Registered
539 Posts
One of my best friends is an INFP. She's very easy going and easy to get along with. She's one of the most loyal people I've ever met, and she's nice insight in situations. She's also very easy to talk to. Our relationship was slow moving at first -- we both found one another awkward at first, and had difficulty finding something to talk about between each other -- but eventually things progressed and now we're very close, and we spend a lot of time talking about pleeeenty of various things.

·
Registered
35 Posts
INFP and vocal? ^^ this I have to see :p. Does he appear aloof and T-ish? (infps are T-ish because of Fi, which is not expressed. To be precice Te-ish).
I don't think he is T-ish, he is just a loudmouth, but I only think it is because he is comfortable, in training he never said a word but then became obnoxious rather rapidly.

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
is it helpful or unhelpful that I clicked 10 out of the 13 applicable options?

·
Registered
402 Posts
We all know how you love ENFPs and How much ENFPs love you (gag) but what do you INTJs think of idealistic philosopher INFPs? The researcher in me wants hard data so I put into a special poll using INTJ language to the best of my NF abilities.
Well, polite INFP lady..
what do you think are traits in the INFP that an INTJ would consider compatible with their 'personality'?
Personally, i like displays of simultaneous intelligence & humbleness.

i'll vote: haven't met one, but curious.
That's why i'm asking you, because i'm curious.

·
Registered
33 Posts
My sister is an INFP. She is probably the funniest person I know. We learn a lot from each other, suprisingly, and I chuckle quietly whenever she's argueing with someone and tells them that their argument is "irrelevant". :3

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well, polite INFP lady..
what do you think are traits in the INFP that an INTJ would consider compatible with their 'personality'?
Personally, i like displays of simultaneous intelligence & humbleness.

i'll vote: haven't met one, but curious.
That's why i'm asking you, because i'm curious.
Good question. Simply put, similar values like honesty and loyalty and similar lifestyles (introverted, intellectual, quiet). Although less noticeable initially, INFPs bring INTJs out of their shell in a similar fashion to ENFPs albeit on a strong personal connection level (in a very Fi-Ne way).

·
Registered
15 Posts
My old room-mate is an INFP. Really nice guy who's fun to be around. However, there wasn't much to talk with him and it was quite annoying watching him help others at his own expense or get physically bullied by a guy half his size and not sock him.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Although less noticeable initially, INFPs bring INTJs out of their shell in a similar fashion to ENFPs albeit on a strong personal connection level (in a very Fi-Ne way)
Couldn't agree more.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts