Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
This comes up a lot in here. I think you're quite possibly aliens from another planet, but pretty cool.
Yes, this.

I don't know if OP really wants to get me started on INFPs.

What wonderful, lovely creatures they are! How resistant to any attempts of analysis! How totally immune to reason and rationality! They exist like strands of gossamer floating through the air in the sunlight.

In other words: Don't try living with one. :laughing:

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
One of my good friends is an INFP. We relate to each other really well and we have a good understanding of each other. He was kinda frustrating at first because he wouldn't really talk about his problems even though he's clearly bothered. When he did, he was vague. But after a couple years of friendship and him being tired of the way he was, he's opened up and is quite fun.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
The third moon of Jupiter to be exact
I like Jupiter. :laughing: It's my favorite planet. Except for Kashyyyk. I agree, by the way, that I am an alien. I suspect I might be a Time Lord who has taken human form and my Time Lord consciousness is stored in a fancy-looking watch somewhere. Knowing me, I probably lost it. :crazy:

Reactions: Blue Butterfly

·
Banned
998 Posts
Too emotional, but not as bad as ESFJs in that regard. Easy-going, fun to talk to, good companions. Tendency towards depression. Make me feel even crazier than I normally do, which is a good feeling for me.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Dating one, but he's not the stereotypical kind and his I and F are pretty well balanced, it's like dating a calmer, more organized me. He's still more emotional than myself and somewhat less social, but he's nothing like your typical INFP... no offense?

·
Registered
145 Posts
I work with an INFP and she is fun to work with...she's always happy, has a great attitude and lastly, there's air of mystery about her (i.e. she is employed as a clerk, but has a computer programming degree...wtf?). Maybe it's simply the job she was assigned by the mothership.

·
Registered
722 Posts
I love INFP's even if they do things sometimes that irritate me.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
(i.e. she is employed as a clerk, but has a computer programming degree...wtf?).

Sounds familiar. Kind of like a certain woman I know with dual bachelors in business and IT who suddenly couldn't even open her own mail or track expenses once she got married. It's easier to be nice and sensitive when you don't have to deal with demanding things, I guess.

But I'm not bitter! No Sir-ee!!! :laughing:

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Sounds familiar. Kind of like a certain woman I know with dual bachelors in business and IT who suddenly couldn't even open her own mail or track expenses once she got married. It's easier to be nice and sensitive when you don't have to deal with demanding things, I guess.

But I'm not bitter! No Sir-ee!!! :laughing:
You sound like a disgruntled divorced wife "sharing" at a scrapbooking circle. :p

INFPs...odd creatures, but ENTPs certainly have no room to talk in that regard. Very very easily offended. I ought to open up a Clinic for the Tender Nerved and introduce the INNOVATIVE Hug Therapy. Make bucks.

I'll hire a bunch of easily-taken-advantage-of ESFJs to do the dirty work for me.

Though oddy enough, ESFJs seem to clash with INFPs. I can't keep up with this. I'll hire a ESFP mediator for HR shit.

·
Registered
359 Posts
INFPs...odd creatures, but ENTPs certainly have no room to talk in that regard. Very very easily offended. I ought to open up a Clinic for the Tender Nerved and introduce the INNOVATIVE Hug Therapy. Make bucks.
INFPs need to realize ENTPs argue for sport, it's nothing personal. ENTPs need to know what causes an INFP is passionate about and tread thoughtfully. I don't think INFPs are as fragile as first appearances or stereotypes though. One I knew blossomed when I was calm and firm, and set boundaries - treating them like tender fawns adds fuel to the fire. It's has the same effect as feeding an ENTP's ego. They know they are difficult at times and appreciate stability. Their gifts are wonderful.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
INFPs need to realize ENTPs argue for sport, it's nothing personal. ENTPs need to know what causes an INFP is passionate about and tread thoughtfully. I don't think INFPs are as fragile as first appearances or stereotypes though. One I knew blossomed when I was calm and firm, and set boundaries - treating them like tender fawns adds fuel to the fire. It's has the same effect as feeding an ENTP's ego. They know they are difficult at times and appreciate stability. Their gifts are wonderful.
That is just beautiful. Will you write the marketing flyers for my clinic?

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'm dating an ENTP, and he thinks I'm too kind to others. On the other hand, at times I think he's too harsh. I've taught him to be more compassionate for others, which he's grateful for. In return, he's taught me to grow a pair, stick up for myself, and sometimes be a little selfish.

He also likes my introversion because that allows us time to be away from each other, which every relationship needs.

We've got a fairly healthy balance, overall. He says that I have the traits that he needs, and he has those that I need.

This is very true for me. Once I realized that my ENTP argued just because, it was pretty fun to "argue" back. I used to hate the one-upmanship, but I learned to play his game.

The "tender fawn" treatment is also true for me. I can't stand that.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts