Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
Most ISTP's are likely to share a fair amount of personality traits things with an ISTJ, I do anyway. That said however, I consider a classic ISTJ in its extremes as too uptight to bother with as I don't care much for unnecessary values someone thinks need to be held in high regards. That's just me however.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
I've known a few ISTJ's to be a bit shallow and materialistic (needing the bigger house, bigger car, etc. etc.) but any ISTJ I've known that has any bit of intelligence to them are pretty awesome. I don't think an ISTJ would be an ideal SO for me, but I like hanging around them.

·
MOTM Jan 2012
6,514 Posts
I get along with the ISTJs I know...for the most part, haha. My sister is ISTJ, and we're pretty close. But, we did butt heads in the past, but that's more of a sister thing that a personality thing. Personality wise, I definitely feel a connection and I love ISTJs practicality and no-nonsense attitude. I can relate to that, because I see myself as a practical person. But, based on my experience with my sister, I really think she could spare herself a lot of stress and anxiety if she just let herself relax and not sweat the small stuff. I've observed similar behavior in other ISxJs that I know.

·
Banned
4,265 Posts
Any personality that thinks people should "act like adults" is going to have some serious flak from my end if they aim that bullshit toward me.

otherwise I enjoy their humor and their callousness. Though I despise their willingness to fuck people over in the workplace to score points with their superiors.

·
MOTM June 2010
2,507 Posts
I like them away from work, but as DJ says they will stab you in the back to promote themselves. I know several ISTJs who for some reason believe that there is never enough to go around, so they will covet and go after what is yours, even the limelight if they think they're being overlooked in the workplace. But away from work, the one ISTJ I know had a calming affect on me and I enjoyed going for walks and appreciating nature with her.

·
Registered
743 Posts
I've known a few ISTJs and I've gotten along really well with them as friends, though never worked with them.

·
Registered
126 Posts
As far as I can tell, I have a number of ISTJ's all around me in family and friends. We all get along really well together, as they are generally agreeable and able to go along with whatever ideas I have at the very moment. They're all very loyal and will show up if and when they say they are. This might sound weird, but I sometimes fear that I'm "using" them since they are so loyal.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
The one ISTJ I knew was cool outside of work..But at work I wanted to kick his teeth down his throat.....He treated everyone like shit...because "we acted like kids"...I ignored his shit because I was higher ranking...*shrug* and when he would fuck with the lower ranking people I'd step in and hammer his ass...and he was a suck up...

·
MOTM Jan 2012
6,514 Posts
One ISTJ I worked with was very chill. Hard-working, efficient...we had a pretty good connection. She used to bring my coffee, and not the run-of-the-mill Cup o' Joe, but mochas and stuff...my favorite. :proud: I could never see her stabbing anyone in the back, sucking up, or treating anyone like crap.

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
The few ISTJ's I've known have been really chill people. They had their uptight moments but for the most part they were really cool to be around. Really solid, stable, fun people.

Reactions: madhatter

·
Registered
142 Posts
I only know one ISTJ.. and I ended up dating her now ha..:proud: so far from observance, we have many things in common, and a lot of her personality traits, I can relate to in some aspects (before)... but she's also pretty uptight and serious, and everything has to be exactly a certain way etc (that part can get on my nerves, dunno how I can actually tolerate it all for the most part). Other than that, she's pretty cool and very thoughtful and helpful.
I tend to be pretty unorganized so she helps me tidy up bits and pieces of my everyday life.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Pardon me for intruding as in ISTJ, but

I love how you guys have something nice to say about ISTJ's.. for the most part!

It's also a good insight for me too so I can generally have a better idea what parts of my personality I can improve on so I can be better liked. (especially at work O_O)

·
Registered
249 Posts
Dated one for about 3 years, she helped me stay grounded and organised, I helped her loosen up and not be such a stiff. We had some good times, and I don't regret a second of it.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I loathe them. I hate how nosy they can be and the drama they bring is ugh, maybe I work with too many of that type I have a bad picture of them in my head.

·
Banned
1,330 Posts
My own mother is one and clearly she is much more rigid and by the book. For one she and I can understand the same concepts and come to a complete understanding of one another, but we are universally motivated by something different. Her by duty and I of self-interest.
I do not exactly hate them at all because I actually respect them for how dedicated they can be. Extremely responsible, dependable, and on task. But at the same time the most that I have encountered that possess none of the same similar interests as me outside of work can be quite boring and not much fun. They seem to excel and thrive when working and only then. I know that can not be the case for all of them though.
I do wish to meet more to better evaluate them in real time.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
They're respectable and funny. I don't hang with them much, for they like order more than I do, but they don't really deserve the hate that they get.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I know one, and I see him as being very structured, stiff, and work-oriented. The way he is all the time: if I was like that, I'd get extremely stressed out. I think ISTJs should take some time to relax once in a while instead of taking things so seriously and timely

·
Registered
723 Posts
I've only known one. We got along well enough and had similar interest so it was a relatively easy friendship. The only prominent issues I noticed was they're inability to adapt to sudden change. Also there was a clear difference in the way we viewed the world.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts