Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to see it today with my bf, just wondered what you all think about it? Worth seeing? :happy:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
...it was shit. Lol

No where near as exciting as the other films and almost nothing happened!!
Very disappointing

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
I think it's the best Harry Potter film so far actually. The camera work is supreme, the acting is good (especially Alan Rickman's acting in the scene where Voldemort and the Death Eaters first meet) and the story itself is great ( the Harry Potter series is full of cool motives and ideas after all). I also think the character development is much better than in any of the previous Potter films, you really get to know the main characters and their personalities by seeing them coping with their isolation from the rest of the world. I really got the idea that they wanted to make this film a bit more serious and mature without breaking with the atmosphere that was created in the previous films. The previous films were also good, but they were focused too much on action, comedy and popular/cliché story devices; I especially thought that Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire was made to sell rather than tell a good story. Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows (part 1) is actually the first Harry Potter film that I consider to be more than just a family film for the masses.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Loved it actually. They carried over all the major plot lines from the book better in this movie than in previous ones. The acting was brilliant, the visuals were stunning, and overall it seemed as if this was the first movie that had us on the inside looking out regarding the Wizarding World instead of outside looking in. The darker elements were executed skillfully, which made the comedy and emotion and action much stronger. In many ways it's the first HP film that's able to stand on its own apart from the series. I CANNOT WAIT for the last movie.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Loved it. The kids are growing up and there are more adult themes in the movie. I was also very happy to hear a Nick Cave song on the soundtrack, in the Harry/Hermione dance scene. I've been a Nick Cave fan for years, so hearing his song "O Children," from his 2004 double CD, Abattoir Blues/The Lyre of Orpheus, was a pleasant surprise. Here's a bit of a clip:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I agree that the imagery and everything was really good, I just felt like not much happened. I'm really looking forward to part two though, I think it was a good 'set up' for the rest of the film, but I was expecting more.

Reactions: PseudoSenator

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Amazing! I loved every last bit. <3 Spoilers: Hedwig got a more dignified death, the dancing scene was incredible and so.. pure in the light of everything else going on, Dobby' death and funeral were very touching.. It was a great film in many ways! Can't wait for part two. :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's really weird because critics gave it 7/10 but viewers have been giving it 9/10.
Although I wasn't greatly impressed with the first one I'm really looking forward to the second one :)

·
Banned
2,009 Posts
let me know when i can download the dvd quality version of it as a torrent,
because i won't waste my money on something i know will suck big time.
the only reason why i'm gonna see it is because i hope hermione might
show off her ass in tight jeans or something for once, or that the camera
man accidently goes "woopsie... upskirt!"

·
Registered
571 Posts
An opportunity to watch Hermione Granger for two and half hours?! You better believe it was good.

I'm such a Harry Potter fanboy that it wouldn't have mattered what the director cooked up for this one; I would have loved it anyway.

The biggest complaint I have heard regarding the movie was that it was "boring." Now, I know that the majority of the movie was the trio wandering aimlessly, searching for the horcruxes, but that was what I found intriguing about the whole thing: it was a great way to showcase the emotional and psychological magnitude of their mission. Huge sacrifices were made by everyone, and I think the director did a bang-up job of portraying that.

Needless to say, the scene involving the desctructing of the locket was fantastic, partly due to the excellent computer animation, but mainly because of the locket's manifestation of Hermione. :wink:

·
Registered
274 Posts
Coming from someone not overly enthralled with Harry Potter as a unique or wonderful idea.

It was pretty awesome. I liked how it opened, I liked how it closed, I like it.

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
The ending was dissatisfying and I was kinda surprised when it ended because there was a lot more in the last Harry Potter movies. Though I should have expected that since it's just part one of two...

·
Registered
791 Posts
I liked it, except no movie beats the book. I hated the ending because I WANTED MORE!

·
Registered
134 Posts
I agree that the imagery and everything was really good, I just felt like not much happened. I'm really looking forward to part two though, I think it was a good 'set up' for the rest of the film, but I was expecting more.
agree completely...

·
Registered
682 Posts
I thought it was spectacularly boring. The only movie that's done justice to the books up until this time is Prisoner of Azkaban.

Mind you, Emma Watson is and always will be brilliant.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I really liked the cinematography-I think that's the right word-the really long, isolating shots of the British countryside. I liked how drab everything was too-it really added to the tense, despairing mood the movei had.

I wasn't a big fan of the ending though, because if i remember correctly, in the books, Voldemort actually gets summoned and there's a lot more death eaters and a bigger fight.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts