Personality Cafe banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
since it has been discussed in specific type forums, i thought it would be interesting to broaden our gaze to see what every type thinks of these matters.

and why do you think people choose to believe whichever side they choose?

i would theorize, that my unconscious mind somehow deduces my observations of other people and allows my empathy to be uncanny, even though i myself do nothing but concentrate on feeling it to achieve this.

i used to think, that i was a real wizard, and that i can tap into mana powers which allows me to manipulate it like magic.. xD
but these days, im leaning into this stuff being caused by the unconsciousness.

i can also control peoples moods with this ability. and cure them of headaches.

i would expect, that its the Ti>Fe connection, that with my thoughts(Ti) im able to affect their feelings, through Fe. all ti>fe types do this their own way. (E_TP's, E_FJ's)

although, this ability seems a bit useless, since i gain nothing by making others feel better. unlless they can help me somehow, in return.

Reactions: John Coltrane

·
Registered
454 Posts
P.E.I Bonewits allegedly once said, "White magic is what my gang does. Black Magic is what the other gang over there does."

Did you ever consider black magic being the evolutionary by-product of a type of mammalian politics that seeks to gain power or influence over someone in a way that exploits their own reality-constructs instead of physically threatening them? The dimensions of horror, terror and mindwarp are discovered. Arguably, one can scare more people, and acquire greater power, by the exploitation of psychic assault.

When a human's mind is threatened, the person virtually ceases to exist as human, and regresses to the status of a terrorized mammal in a trap.

You can also understand how with the the tendency of some religions to place 'evil' as existing only outside one's own existence how such fancies are terrifying to many superstitious people.

Aside from this, I recently read that some Goetian texts or grimoires are important in how they affect your dreams, which could give some credence to the power of the unconcscious. I just finished reading this, you might find it interesting in light of the discussion:

RAWIllumination.net

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
P.E.I Bonewits allegedly once said, "White magic is what my gang does. Black Magic is what the other gang over there does."

Did you ever consider black magic being the evolutionary by-product of a type of mammalian politics that seeks to gain power or influence over someone in a way that exploits their own reality-constructs instead of physically threatening them? The dimensions of horror, terror and mindwarp are discovered. Arguably, one can scare more people, and acquire greater power, by the exploitation of psychic assault.

When a human's mind is threatened, the person virtually ceases to exist as human, and regresses to the status of a terrorized mammal in a trap.

You can also understand how with the the tendency of some religions to place 'evil' as existing only outside one's own existence how such fancies are terrifying to many superstitious people.

Aside from this, I recently read that some Goetian texts or grimoires are important in how they affect your dreams, which could give some credence to the power of the unconcscious. I just finished reading this, you might find it interesting in light of the discussion:

RAWIllumination.net
thats interesting, i speculate, that my Ni>Se connection allows me to imagine myself as anything i want, and people will see me exactly that way. like i could imagine myself as someone else, and its as if i was that someone else. sometimes when i really connect to people, my accent, my body language, my expressions, change onto that of the other person, and its really freaky! xD

Reactions: John Coltrane

·
Registered
8,689 Posts
I don't believe in the supernatural.

·
Registered
454 Posts
thats interesting, i speculate, that my Ni>Se connection allows me to imagine myself as anything i want, and people will see me exactly that way. like i could imagine myself as someone else, and its as if i was that someone else. sometimes when i really connect to people, my accent, my body language, my expressions, change onto that of the other person, and its really freaky! xD

I think that's a very interesting ability that could open up a lot of awesome possibilities for accurate satire and impersonation. As well as sounding like a decent way of understanding people.

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
I think of most belief in the supernatural as unnecessarily dismissing the power of ourselves and of the natural, but I don't dismiss the possibility of the supernatural..... it's just kind of boring to me because I can't put thought into it since my thought only applies to the natural world.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I take solace in the fact that there's no such thing as the supernatural. Knowing that zombies won't all of a sudden start climbing out of the ground allows me to sleep at night.

·
Registered
17 Posts
if it can't be observed it doesn't exist. Or if it can't be observed, it's existence doesn't matter.

Supernatural stuff, seems like mental laziness, and borderline insanity. At an emotional level, it revolts me, much like conspiracy theories, crazy people, and zealots. Comes across as all sweet and cute at times, but makes my mind feel weak soft and stupid.

·
Maid of Time
14,749 Posts
Fascinating... but highly unlikely.

I'll still keep investigating, for kicks, though. Even if unlikely, it's neat when you can figure out what actually might be happening.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Supernatural is a pretty broad term. I believe in a lot of things that most people don't, but I also don't believe a lot of things that most people do. To be sure, the majority of the human population hasn't even scratched the surface of what our minds are capable of. For example:

·
Registered
105 Posts
I think of most belief in the supernatural as unnecessarily dismissing the power of ourselves and of the natural, but I don't dismiss the possibility of the supernatural..... it's just kind of boring to me because I can't put thought into it since my thought only applies to the natural world.
I feel the exact same way. I like to believe I'm open to possibilities, as long as those possibilities can back themselves up. Because of this, I am often called close minded. I don't call people close minded because the exclude the possibility that it's all bull. I don't get it :-/

Reactions: electricky

·
Registered
251 Posts
I'm smart enough to know that I don't know enough and I never will.

I believe that there are things that might be out there that we can't see. I'm not talking about zombies, werewolves and unicorns. I'm talking about forces. Some things that happen are too precise to be coincidence, too sinister and creepy to be ignored. There are things that we sometimes see or even experiences that we had that makes us think "Wow, it's almost like there's something out there".

I believe in the supernatural to some extent. Things that my mind can't comprehend. But I don't lose my sleep over it.

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
Now that I think about it, why would ghosts be considered excessively natural? Are they more natural than us corporeal beings?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts