Personality Cafe banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you think of these erotic attitudes descriptions?
Does this style apply to you? Does it correspond to your MBTI type?
Can you relate more to another type's style?
Which style do you find most attractive and compatible with yourself?

Erotic Attitudes

Psuedo-Aggressors/Employees: INTJ, ENTJ

These are types who exhibit aggressive tendencies in their everyday life, and as a result tend to carry over these notions and temperaments into their romantic life. They typically are not comfortable with connotations of the word "victim" - implying a certain weakness, effeteness, and lack of dignity. In searching for a partner, they are looking for a worthy opponent - someone who is strong enough to withstand their quirks without "breaking" so to speak.

Aggressors/Employers: ISFP, ESFP

These types, like the conquerors, express their sexuality openly. In daily life they may tend to be rather submissive and as a result may tend to carry over these tendencies into their romantic life. They are won over by indirect acts of submission, and are thrilled when their love interest (in the case of the "psuedo-aggressor" type) acts unlike himself. In a partner, they are looking for their equal - someone whose solid facade they can break down piece by piece.

Conquerors: ISTP, ESTP

These are assertive types who do not flinch at their own sexuality. They will express their own desire without reservation. They are won over by direct shows of submission (only after feeling that they have earned it). He will be insulted if his romantic interest gives him his title without question, and bored if the fight is too easily won. He, like the Pseudo-Aggressor and the Challenger, is questing to find his equal. Someone he can play his almost sadistic games with without "breaking."

Challengers/Trophies: INFJ, ENFJ

These are the types who unconsciously throw a "gauntlet" down for their opponents. They know on an almost subliminal level exactly who they are looking for, and anyone who does not fit the bill will be subjected to a rather flakey, hot-cold game of courting tag. As a result, they may appear (both to others and to themselves) rather amorphous and can take on qualities of the other romantic attitudes, depending on the situation and who they are "challenging."

They may, for example, give the victim half his aggressor, the psuedo-aggressor a little victim, the caregiver a bit of his child, etc. They react best, however, to those who do not "break" as a result of their games, but grant them a level of autonomy. Healthy examples of this type will have a sense of self-esteem, and may think of themselves as the "prize" that will be given only to the rightful owner.

Pseudo-Caregivers/Students: INFP, ENFP

These are types who exhibit paternal/maternal tendencies towards others in their everyday lives and may thus carry over these notions and temperaments into their romantic life. These types habitually attempt to give their partner what he/she "needs" (or what they believe they need). As a result, they may become drained by lack of attendance to their own needs and desires. In a partner, they are searching for a combination of strength and gentleness.

Teachers: ISTJ, ESTJ

If I were to describe this type's approach to love, it would be "serious." He approaches his love interest almost with the intention to "teach." This can quite possibly rub the object of his affection in the wrong way, possibly interpreted as condescension. Like the childlike type, he may tend to live "outside sexuality" and may have to intellectualize it in order to be comfortable. He is looking for a worthy pupil.

Childlike Types: ENTP, INTP

These types seem to exist outside their own sexuality. Sex is to be metabolized psychologically for them in an almost roundabout way - as an emotional entity, or possibly even an intellectual exercise. In a partner, they are looking for someone who will deal with (and protect) their quirks and understand their sexuality on the same intellectual/emotional level.

Caregivers: ISFJ, ESFJ

These are those types who openly express their need to "protect" and care for their romantic interest. In conversation may often lend a sympathetic ear (which, depending on the person, may be interpreted as insincerity, but it's exactly what the Child-like type is looking for). They are looking for someone who will not only accept their paternal/maternal tendencies, but welcome and thrive on it.

·
Registered
624 Posts
I'm an ENTP and that discription doesn't fit me at all. Sex is very real and one of the times my brain is turn off. It's about crazy release of passion mixed with sensual sensations and experienced with the greatest variety possible baby!

I was married to an INFJ for over a decade. She was very much this child like type, only substitute intellect with emotion. She was all feelings, dark and jumbled feelings. She had no connection to reality when it came to sex and just wanted someone to coddle her insecurities.

·
Registered
7,676 Posts

These are types who exhibit paternal/maternal tendencies towards others in their everyday lives and may thus carry over these notions and temperaments into their romantic life. These types habitually attempt to give their partner what he/she "needs" (or what they believe they need). As a result, they may become drained by lack of attendance to their own needs and desires. In a partner, they are searching for a combination of strength and gentleness.
As much as I hate to admit it, it's kinda true hahahaha. Especially the last part, combination of strength and gentleness drives me crazy..

·
MOTM Feb 2012
ISTJ 9w1
7,167 Posts
Teachers: ISTJ, ESTJ

If I were to describe this type's approach to love, it would be "serious." He approaches his love interest almost with the intention to "teach." This can quite possibly rub the object of his affection in the wrong way, possibly interpreted as condescension. Like the childlike type, he may tend to live "outside sexuality" and may have to intellectualize it in order to be comfortable. He is looking for a worthy pupil.
This sounds like it only applies to Type 1 XSTJs.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Psuedo-Aggressors/Employees: INTJ, ENTJ

These are types who exhibit aggressive tendencies in their everyday life, and as a result tend to relish the opportunity to escape these notions and temperaments in their romantic life. They typically are not comfortable with connotations of the word "victim" in the non-sexual areas of their lives - implying a certain weakness, effeteness, and lack of dignity. However, shit happens and cliches about being interpersonally dominant/sexually submissive have to gain ground somehow. In searching for a partner, they are looking for a worthy opponent - someone who is strong enough to withstand their quirks without "breaking" so to speak.
Fixed, at least for me.

·
Registered
3,262 Posts

The bolded parts apply to me, however I don't see myself as very "paternal", I just love making people smile and/or laugh. So I do my best to make sure that the time my partner spends with me is spent happily. I also think being a type 2 comes into it on that end. My basic stance is: "my partner needs to be happy, I will aid them be happy by doing what I can to help", as opposed to a "I know best" approach :).

·
Banned
14,865 Posts
I have looked into these erotic styles before, and have given them some thought. I don't actually see a correlation between these, and whatever typology model.

·
Registered
9,800 Posts

I see this more fitting for INFP than ENFP to be honest. I may exhibit maternal instincts, although i don't want to be anyone's mother except for my child. I don't carry these temperaments into my romantic life either. I'm a wife and a confident to my husband, i'm not his mother nor do i want to be. I also don't assume what my partner needs, i will ask him then make compromises. The last part i highlighted could be true for me, i do enjoy a partner who is strong mentally, yet gentle enough to guide me when i stray .

·
Registered
234 Posts
I'm an INFJ, I think this description generalizes a bit. I tend to know what I don't want more than to know what I want. I am a bit open-ended and have had pretty diverse partners in the past, but there are definitely trends recognizable the more I get used to it.

When younger I was definitely more of a prude and my perfectionism made it really hard for me to relax and be comfortable with my body and with having sex, but as I've gotten older I've become more confident. I have some INFJ girl friends who definitely see themselves as a "prize," many of my INFJ friends are quite attractive to the other sex when they reach this level of confidence and knowing what they want out of physical relations. But it doesn't always come easy. Finding a good balance between giving and demanding is key (as it is with all the types, I imagine) and may take time.

Having sex with the right person is so so so so so important for an INFJ, especially when you are young. It is impossible for me to have good sex with someone I don't care much about. Sex is heavily invested with emotions and mental feeling. I really have to be in a comfortable mental place in order to have good sex.

The best sex I ever had was with an INTP who was so mindfully into me and me into him that our sex was almost transcendental. It practically occurred in another dimension. I'd get lightheaded. Literally, a mindfuck. It was amazing.

For those of you who think that INTPs (or INFJs) are "too intellectual," "childlike," or "not into it" that may be because you don't understand how we connect in bed. There needs to be something soulful and authentic to make the physical interaction meaningful and worthwhile. In some cases, the sex is only as good as the deep conversation that precedes it :) But when it's good it's amazing.

This same INTP was practically a block of ice I had to chip away at for a long time to reach, however. He and his INTJ ex-girlfriend had a very cerebral and non-physical relationship which made him turn against his physical needs and try to repress them. Not healthy at all for the INTP (or anyone), when they learn to equate sexual desire with guilt.

My ISFP fiance is not complicated or hard to please - he likes sex. A lot. All the freaking time. He also like cuddling and just laying in bed all day - this kind of physical affirmation is extremely important to making him feel loved and secure. I think you could call him an "Initiator" more than an "Aggressor," he is usually gentle and sensitive in bed, though maybe he's exercising some restraint because he can completely lose his head when he needs/wants to have sex badly enough.

These days I am attracted to exactly what you categorize for the INFPs: Strength and gentleness. This combo is irresistible to me. Although honestly, I can also go for playfulness, attitude, and spontaneity as well.

So much for the INFJ knowing what she wants :)

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
this style does apply to me, but not my MBTI type. I am INTP but act more like the student or the challenger. The type I would like my ideal partner to be would have to be a conqueror, I'd like to be "conquered", idk why.

Reactions: cyamitide

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
idk, I'm ISTP but I don't like being submitted to. I kinda want the other person to dictate what's going to happen. Maybe it's because I'm in charge of a lot of things in my life and i don't want to be in charge of that too...

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
I don't relate to the ISTP description whatsoever.

·
Banned
245 Posts
I can not relate to the INTJ description. From my past experiences, the type descriptions don't really line up with what I noticed or observed.

I believe sexual analysis is too variable to concisely lay out 8 generalizations/attributions.

Facetious P.S: ENFP description might as well be "powerhouse of passion and insatiable intrigue."

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Well I'm an INFP, so apparently...

"These are types who exhibit paternal/maternal tendencies towards others in their everyday lives and may thus carry over these notions and temperaments into their romantic life. These types habitually attempt to give their partner what he/she "needs" (or what they believe they need). As a result, they may become drained by lack of attendance to their own needs and desires. In a partner, they are searching for a combination of strength and gentleness."

In a general romantic relationship sense, the only part that's true-ish is the "combination of strength and gentleness" thing. I dunno, the rest of is not completely inaccurate... I do like doing things for my husband, though I've never really felt a maternal instinct towards anyone, him included. Besides that, though, I pay more attention to myself than I do to others, mostly just because I'm caught up in my own little world and kinda forget that other people have needs too. I rarely put anyone else so ahead of myself that I'm completely drained from doing so; that's not me at all.

As for sex... haha, hrmm. Well I've identified in the asexual realm of things for many years now, so I don't relate to a lot of the typical sexual world anyway. Nonetheless, I use the term 'grey-a' (a term used in the asexual community to describe something that falls in between 100% asexual and fully "sexual") or just say that I'm "not really a very sexual person", and there are certain things that I can enjoy. I guess I can relate to some of the supposed characteristics of my type, in that case. I know that I prefer to simply do things for my husband and focus on him rather than have anything done for me. I get a million times more enjoyment out of that than anything to do with myself (which, quite honestly, weirds me out a fair amount). I experience a mild degree of depersonalisation whenever I become the focus of any sexual activity, and usually feel highly uncomfortable afterwards. It's just so foreign to me to want such a thing...

But yeah, I'm not sure I'd put much stock into these "erotic styles".

·
Banned
14,801 Posts
Yes, I am exactly like the Aggressor description. They are thrilled when their love interest acts "unlike himself" and break down his solid facade piece by piece? Yes, that does sound like me. I have some traits of the Pseudo-Caregiver, but not quite, as I don't forget to look after my own needs.

I think I'm attracted to Teachers, Caregivers, and Pseudo-Aggressors the most.

Weirdly, the Conquerer sounds just like the ISTP I had a FWB relationship with. I don't want any more of that. Of course, he's not healthy and he crosses the line from almost sadistic to mildly sadistic I think. No.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.