Personality Cafe banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm a huge environmentalist, and even though I want to help our world become a better place for both animals and humans, I doubt we'll be able to save our world. Even though we know what we're doing is bad (destroying rain forests, pollution, killing endangered animals, etc), we don't stop because we're too focused on our own lives. I think that we'll end up destroying it all, which is really sad. ):

This form of human greed does not only apply to the environment.

What do you guys think about what our future will be like? Doesn't have to be about the environment. Could be about politics or whatever.

Though, I am curious how many of you are environmentalists, so please say so if you are! Or if you are dedicated to some other cause, I'd still like to know. :)

Reactions: Sage del Viento

·
Registered
951 Posts
Depends on what kind of mood I'm in.

I believe there are solutions to all of the problems of the world. When I'm in a good mood, I believe that people will finally realize that things have to change, dramatically, and the sooner the better.

When I'm in a not quite so good mood, I think the catastrophic wars and terrible suffering of the past century will be insignificant compared to what is coming.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I feel like some sort of NWO will creep upon us, slowly though, so that no one realizes it's happening.

At times, I like and have a lot of respect for nature, and I even want to explore some non developed parts of the world.

But most of the time, I love technology. So if there are touch screens and lasers everywhere I'm cool.

·
Registered
30 Posts
How far in the future?

In the short term:
Two ways it could go.
I think that global climate destabilisation and other related disasters will force people to change a lot of things very quickly, and it will restructure society a great deal. Wars will probably be inevitable, and they will make life suck.

Or at the last minute we make drastic changes, keep natural resources intact, and spare ourselves from the worst consequences of global climate destabilisation. Human beings will reach a technological singularity and expansion will take place immediately. Within mere decades of this, other planets will be colonised, and eventually, we will travel to the nearest star.

In the long term, AKA the bigger picture:

I don't even really think of myself as a citizen of merely the world, so I look at the even bigger picture...
Civilisations hundreds or thousands of light years away will continue life, even if it ceases on this planet, and living creatures of all kinds will flourish across the galaxy and the universe. If human beings still exist, we will see wonders beyond the wildest imaginations of anyone to ever exist, and will experience things so beautiful that mentioning them in conversation will make people weep with joy.:happy:

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
There will be a major resource crisis. It may be a ´bang´ or a ´whimper´ kind of crisis, I do not know that. Whatever the case the outcome will be either the demise of our current civilisation or a transmutation into a much more stable form with entirely new paradigms at its core. Humanity has to change or perish.

·
Registered
663 Posts
There will be a major resource crisis. It may be a ´bang´ or a ´whimper´ kind of crisis, I do not know that. Whatever the case the outcome will be either the demise of our current civilisation or a transmutation into a much more stable form with entirely new paradigms at its core. Humanity has to change or perish.
Interesting.

I think the resource shortage is UNLIKELY to be oil...thats the commonly perceived one. I used to be a big 'peak oil' advocate...but after reading that essentially a Shell Oil 'scientist' came up with the theory and its linked to creating the *illusion* of scarcity...theres a similar thing with diamonds.

I think the resource most likely to be hit is...water

I think the planet may be better off without humans...its kind of egotistical to think that life has to be human to be worthwhile

as for the future I think it will be more of the same in my lifetime

Listen to the lyrics

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
NWO probably.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I think about how things could be in the future quite a lot. Im not an environmentalist and my thoughts aren't very encouraging, sorry.

I think that inevitably, we will end up doing something which would result in the extinction of all of us. I dont think it would be natural disaster but something that we have caused ourselves. That's in terms of the environment.

My main concern is that of people and social norms. One thing that bothers me a lot is the promiscuity of the youths of now. Im not badmouthing them, so I hope they don't take offence, but it seems like an increasing trend that sleeping around with anyone and everyone is socially acceptable as are the expectations that you should go out and get smashed. It's even encouraged so if you don't partake in these sorts of activities, you are seem as the 'weirdo'. I feel standards have dropped. People are reproducing at an increasingly earlier age. If this is the way things are now, I certainly don't want to be around in the future if it gets worse.

I also think that in the future, the gap between the rich and poor will just grow. The rich will get richer and the poor will get poorer.

I also think that we would consume all the possible resources on our planet until there was nothing left. We are already overfishing our seas and genetically modifying our food so it grows faster and larger and people are also growing larger and larger.

I dont mean to sound so morbid but they are my thoughts on the future. :sad:

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
lol I'll put this as simply as I could..
In the future our world would be..
different

We could not be sure, it's a journey, it's best if we don't find out, if you were watching a movie.. it would be pointless if you already know what the twist ending was, even the mention of it having a twist ending would mess it up.

yes there might be a lot of technological advancements, or maybe we'll run out of resources and die out. Or maybe we'll end up killing each other, or maybe people would stop logging..

But anyway it changes..
it would be at least a little different to the world we have now.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
i suspect any prediction of the future is likely to be incorrect in many ways... so, that said, i dont know if people ought to get so upset about it as they're inclined to.

at least, well... looking at the past, people have become incredibly upset over a thousand crises, but time keeps going on, humanity continues... there are tragedies, certainly, and there will be more. but i suspect the will to survive will keep us going on.

for all the doom and gloom prophesies, and the pointing out - rightly enough - of the single-mindedness and greed and selfishness of humanity, that's NOT all that we are. the fascination of humanity is the paradox that we are simultaneously negative and positive at the same time (and shades of all sorts in between). eventually, something will snap and there will be measures taken to retain things... even if it requires widespread revolt.

we'll see.

·
Registered
864 Posts
U need a proper future prediction? (Yes/Not No)
* There going to be a small chip which gonna stimulate our visual/auditory areas and create a virtual reality inside our heads. which will be able to communicate with the mobile networks and see the video calls/messages in our heads...total privacy. and we will be able to connect with others with a simple radio link and communicate with them..create our own social network.

* And there will be cars with blue glowing magnet generators attached with no tires and they will generate enough magnetism to be floated on soil....

* There will be large spaceships built and start a never returning journey to the distant universe. They will have gardens, artificial sun light, air circulating systems....u name it.

* and there will be AI systems which will act like a full distributed Operating System.these will be able to think and will require more processing power. They will be connected to the internet 24x7 so they can learn everything and they will be the next smart scientists who derive proofs and new theories about the universe. they will be able to statistically predict the near future and they will be detail oriented rather than Bit-Oriented.

* There will be small client O/S which communicate with this master AI and get some simple tasks done through the master AI.

* master AI will be able to control every child's actions and the master AI will be shifted to the backbone of the next internet. There will be less spams, viruses, hackers etc. Master AI will use every computer/super computer it can find on the net and run the processing on the world's fastest computer....

* There will be robots which will act as a mobile device nowadays and they will just communicate with the master and carry out instructions. they will not need large processing power because master handles every request. they will just need a simple embedded system to perform various tasks. even for the talking they will send the detected voice to be analyzed to the master and get the response from master and they will just act as a broker between master AI and the human user.

·
Registered
864 Posts
U need a proper future prediction? (Yes/Not No)
* There going to be a small chip which gonna stimulate our visual/auditory areas and create a virtual reality inside our heads. which will be able to communicate with the mobile networks and see the video calls/messages in our heads...total privacy. and we will be able to connect with others with a simple radio link and communicate with them..create our own social network.

* And there will be cars with blue glowing magnet generators attached with no tires and they will generate enough magnetism to be floated on soil....

* There will be large spaceships built and start a never returning journey to the distant universe. They will have gardens, artificial sun light, air circulating systems....u name it.

* and there will be AI systems which will act like a full distributed Operating System.these will be able to think and will require more processing power. They will be connected to the internet 24x7 so they can learn everything and they will be the next smart scientists who derive proofs and new theories about the universe. they will be able to statistically predict the near future and they will be detail oriented rather than Bit-Oriented.

* There will be small client O/S which communicate with this master AI and get some simple tasks done through the master AI.

* master AI will be able to control every child's actions and the master AI will be shifted to the backbone of the next internet. There will be less spams, viruses, hackers etc. Master AI will use every computer/super computer it can find on the net and run the processing on the world's fastest computer....

* There will be robots which will act as a mobile device nowadays and they will just communicate with the master and carry out instructions. they will not need large processing power because master handles every request. they will just need a simple embedded system to perform various tasks. even for the talking they will send the detected voice to be analyzed to the master and get the response from master and they will just act as a broker between master AI and the human user.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts