Personality Cafe banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello Dear INFJs around the world i need your opinion =)
i was reading a book Just your type by Paul and Barbara Tieger . to me i i think the best match for an INFJ are ISFJ and ENFP but as i read more i got more confused and the clear picture i had about they relationship is now blurry so what do you guys think ??

·
Registered
4,038 Posts
Actually, I don't really know what to think.

There are so many theories about that. MBTI says ESTP is the best fitting type. Socionics say ESTj would be our perfect partner (which might be due to the theory that INFJs are INFps in Socionics...which is not actually clear)There is another theory that states it is different for male and female people of a type...etc. I have found some blog where the author of that blog has a list of that: Personality Types: Type Compatibility - Enneagram and Myers Briggs

maybe that will help confuse you a bit more. ;):happy:

·
Registered
4,038 Posts
LoOoL it actually did but thanks for the reply :happy:
Yeah, it's horrible how many different pieces of information you get and how you can't be sure about anything.:confused:

·
Registered
92 Posts
i think it's an individual thing......we are all different even in our types......maybe there are certain types that help us in our unique combination to be the most authentic us.......maybe if you know yourself well enough and have a thorough knowledge of what you would like or what compliments you as a growing changing person......then maybe you can determine the types that most suit you (we are all at different levels of functionality).

I know for me - i prefer an INFJ/P male regardless of what the websites say :happy:

had the ESTP - not again! :tongue:

·
Registered
4,038 Posts
Oh, yeah... my husband for example is an ESTJ. According to Socionics that's the perfect match. We complete each other very well though we also see the differences we have. They also say that ESTps and INFjs don't match at all. That almost seems a bit strange in my opinion since they seem to have so much in common with their E, S, and T. But somehow the J/P seems to make the difference.

INFJs as friends are great. Not sure what about a partnership. I might miss some steadiness.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
me and Sps we do not match very well in life at all so NO SPs but i get along very well with both male and female ISFJ but ENFP adds to the I and J i have in me but at the same time E scare me i have always Enjoyed the company of Introverts more than extraverts :confused: well o guess only time and being more aware of what i need will only answer my question :unsure: thank you =**

·
Registered
759 Posts
I honestly don't think an SJ type would work well with an INFJ, they're on a different level of understanding than us and both I could see as becoming too frigid and end up clashing, much more of a friendship level... sure some couples have worked but at least with me I can see myself struggling. SP types perhaps, they see to be more interested and open minded being more willing to make it work between us.

ENFP in theory works well but I think it comes down to the individuals.

·
Registered
836 Posts
I tend to believe that well-adjusted people of any type can have a relationship.

That said, in real life, I tend to like NTs... and I would guess NFs as well (though I've never been in a relationship with one).

I've tried to like SPs, but I cannot. The sensing gap is too big for me.

ISFJ would appear to be a nice match, on the surface, but again the N vs. S divide is rather large.

The ENFP sounds like a better match. I've never dated one - but they sound like a good idea!

·
Registered
4,038 Posts
It might also depend on if you share the same goals in life and have similar views on all important things... so you should probably also consider the same things important. :mellow:

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Of course, anyone can have a relationship with any person of any type they want. HOWEVER as humanitarian and everything that is there are common trends in what a person of one type wants and desires. So its a combination of both, any two types can get along and make a great couple, its on the individual. However there are trends and commonalities in what people of this type look for in a partner.

I feel that say an ESTP and an INFJ relationship takes more work, I have dated an ESTP and the difference in how we function made us have to take extra steps to create harmony. I have also dated an ISFJ and it worked out great, a lot of chemistry and we got along great, we even remained friends after the break up. We both enjoyed the same things and we both just liked being calm and going for walks together at night and just laid around and enjoyed each others presence. We were very much alike, she had tons of people coming to her for help and I was the same. There were circumstances when people would come to her for help and we would work together to make them feel better. We were each others support when we gave other people so much of it. ENFPs are fun and great, I am really close with one of them, they are the crazy, spontaneous and out there to our steady stability and solidity. They pull us out of our comfort zone and force us to have fun and disarm us with their gentle-ness and happy go lucky attitude when we are out of or comfort zone and we are the ones who will catch the ENFP and help them stand back up and be strong for them to lean on and give them strength if they need it.

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
The maturity of both parties is far greater than the personality type. You can have a perfect combination of astrology, personality theory, enneagram types, etc and still not be happy.

·
Registered
836 Posts
The maturity of both parties is far greater than the personality type. You can have a perfect combination of astrology, personality theory, enneagram types, etc and still not be happy.
Yeah, I also think compatibility is frustrating that way... too many factors.

It would be almost impossible for someone to find: a single person their age, race, religion, political leaning, compatible mbti type, compatible astrology sign (if you believe in that), etc. AND that you are attracted to and who is attracted to you.

exhausting.

heck, it's hard enough finding other single people at 25. let alone all the other factors.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts