Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Friendships - someone to talk to and bounce my ideas off of. Not really into affection among friends. Love hugs but not much else.
Romantic relationships - looking for someone to give me affection/attention, someone I can take care of, love, live with, and eat with. I tolerate a lot in romantic relationships if I'm happy and I get my affection.

·
Registered
990 Posts
I think I want the same from all of them, and it would be someone who can keep up with me. I guess that sounds really E3 of me but it's true. I expect my nearest and dearest to reflect the conscientiousness that I have. For me, its a certain kind of effort that I put into everything, so its a must that those in my circle have it, or we just wont have anything in common. No lazy friends por me. Oh and you have to be cool, but I guess thats nothing especially innovative.

·
MOTM Dec 2011
8,651 Posts
friendships - relating, sharing common interests, exploring new & fun experiences, good conversation, emotional connecting, mutual support & sympathy, laughter, loyalty, generosity, honesty, thoughtfulness

romance - all the friend stuff + being loved for your whole self & loving someone for who they truly are (flaws & all), unselfish valuing - not about what you get but how you recognize the other's value in what you give, the deepest of knowing, commitment on the highest level, intensity, passion, mutually inspiring and renewing

What do I want from the world & life?
world - a place & way to be me, to reach my potential & be appreciated for it. Also, compassion, justice, empathy, unselfishness, insight, flexibility. Adventure, inspiration, opportunities, and accessibility.
life - happiness, fulfillment, meaning, purpose, love, truth

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
In friendships, I just want someone to hang with, do things, share occasional interests and joys and get some feedback from, and reciprocate.

In romantic, I want everything. Everything above, and everything below. ;)

I primarily want someone to explore with, explore everything. Someone to back me up, someone to start things with and finish them. What I want, right now, is not to recapture feelings that I knew from before, I want to find new feelings.. ones I can't imagine, and reciprocate.

And from the world and myself, I want the capability and opportunity for everything I mentioned.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Friendships...? Fun, laughter, enjoyment, good times. Just fun with the buddies. Nothing too heavy or deep, but you know, if it comes down to it, I'm all for helping them fix their problems. lol (I don't expect them to fix mine.)

From romance, I expect A LOT. Love, fun, enjoyment, sex, connection, beauty, affection, bonding, mutual reciprocation, harmony, joy, commitment, a merging of lives (eventually).

From the world? I expect nothing. That it allows me to be here and exist is reason enough for me to accept it.

From life? I would like to see all of my goals and dreams come to fruition in time and enjoy them thoroughly. :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
And what I mean by that isn't just romantic relationships.

What do you want from friendships as well as romantic relationships?

What do you want from the world and your own life in general?
Concreteness, Connection, Care, Continuation, Communication, Creativeness, and Controlled Chaos
(for without it we would be perfect)

-LifeAprentis

Reactions: psyche

·
Registered
806 Posts
Commitment and friendship. I want somebody I can simply hang out with, someone who can laugh with me and enjoy the stuff I enjoy. I also need long-feel love, I'm not into short-lived relationships. Marry me, please.

Reactions: psyche

·
Registered
9 Posts
friendships - relating, sharing common interests, exploring new & fun experiences, good conversation, emotional connecting, mutual support & sympathy, laughter, loyalty, generosity, honesty, thoughtfulness

romance - all the friend stuff + being loved for your whole self & loving someone for who they truly are (flaws & all), unselfish valuing - not about what you get but how you recognize the other's value in what you give, the deepest of knowing, commitment on the highest level, intensity, passion, mutually inspiring and renewing

What do I want from the world & life?
world - a place & way to be me, to reach my potential & be appreciated for it. Also, compassion, justice, empathy, unselfishness, insight, flexibility. Adventure, inspiration, opportunities, and accessibility.
life - happiness, fulfillment, meaning, purpose, love, truth
THIS!!

I never have problem with the romance but with friendship I always feel my friends are not on the same page with me. I always want more. I want a deep and meaningful friendship. A close friend whom I can share my deepest secrets with, whom I can trust...It's hard cuz not everyone look for that in friendship and so I have never had a best friend. My bf always becomes my best friend.

·
Registered
195 Posts
All the good stuff XD. Loyalty, Understanding, Outgoing (Yes I like to be invited out), someone who makes me feel less lonely, caring, intelligent etc. etc.

Of course in reality this isn't possible with everyone. so for a gf, I'd prioritize Loyalty, Understanding, Caring, intelligent and Outgoing
For friend, I'd prioritize Loyalty and Outgoing.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Understanding. Patience. Love. Humor. Fun. Loyalty. Strength. Support.

Reactions: chemkat and psyche

·
Banned
898 Posts
I notice I tend to feel most comfortable around people who are both subdued and clever... Like, we can both be in a corner laughing about really weird things. But it's important they have a soft gentle side and don't cut me with words, I don't like sparring. Reliability is nice. Physical affection is nice. And patience! It takes time for me to warm up to new people.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
I want meaningful relationships, of any kind.

What do you want from friendships as well as romantic relationships?

I want to be around people who make me happy, and I want to make happy those who choose to be around me.

What do you want from the world and your own life in general?

I want to learn.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Someone who's inner goals are complimentary to mine. Someone who understands all the inner agony that I feel as a 4 and can help me find the truth about myself.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts