Personality Cafe banner

21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Friends: Fun, willing to lend a hand at times, uninterested in emotional attachment/commitment (so that I don't worry that they'll feel hurt when I do my own thing, possibly ignore them for some time), non-judgmental acceptance when I do choose to share how I feel, what I'm thinking and what I'm doing, appreciating being a part of the larger social circle.

Sexual (ABSOLUTELY NOT romantic) relationships: Above, full acceptance and respect regardless of any mistakes I make and any of my flaws, won't hesitate to make me be real, totally open and honest with him, smart, good-looking, good sex, good job, understanding of my germaphobia, liking physical touch, fun playmate for leisure and chores, strong and assertive yet gentle, kind and patient, someone with whom I have nothing to fear ever. Am I demanding too much?

Life and world: To achieve my goals and to find my place to affect positively and memorably.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
To be needed. I love it when I can support someone in their dreams and aspirations. I really especially like it when I can soothe a man's soul. I don't really expect much in return, except for the fact that I desire to be protected from scary things and to be remembered on special occasions.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
i want someone who i can grow with as a partner, who i can share beautiful moments in life with, as well as dark moments

honesty is important, so is fidelity, i would want them to be interested or open to spirituality as well

·
🎀
11,795 Posts
From friendships I want fun and opportunities to get to new people I could be friends with,maybe some connections.

I look for much more in a romantic relationship.

·
Registered
848 Posts
And what I mean by that isn't just romantic relationships.

What do you want from friendships as well as romantic relationships?

What do you want from the world and your own life in general?
Friendships, I would like people who enjoy my company and are supportive in times of need. Who accept me and want the best for me.

Romantic relationship, a partner in life who loves me for me, affectionate, intelligent, a person of good integrity.

I want to live a life of purpose, serving others and making the world the best place it can be. I want the world to be kinder and less judgmental. Where people can live side by side with understanding and love.

·
Registered
790 Posts
I want to be understood. I want to share my ideas without being considered a freak. I want to show my feelings without restrictions as well. I want to learn things from the other person, I'd like All my relationships could teach me something good or useful

·
Registered
15 Posts
Friendships: I'm not sure I feel the need for friendships. But I do feel more connected to people when there is 100% genuineness and when I feel that we are both truly interested in one another, listening fully and openly to what we both have to say.

'Romantic' Relationships: The same is true for my life partner. This is required. The person needs to know themselves deeply, be self-aware and aware of others. This creates understanding and acceptance in the relationship. Must be contemplative yet empathetic. Creative in any which way. Focus on self-growth and an utter excitement, intensity and curiosity for life. I feel like perhaps I'd have more (close?) friendships if they fit this bill.

·
Registered
545 Posts
It has become very apparent to me recently that I crave some sort of intimacy with people. That's not to say I don't want fun. Fun is very important to me too, I can't imagine a life where I can't enjoy. But intimacy and depth is fun for me too. For me it is usually not boring, tedious or overwhelming. It's stimulating. I can't run away or hide from this anymore, and this forum is good for me in that way, to get to connect with like-minded individuals and to be able to describe my mind in ways that I can't really do in everyday life. Even if we're not super close. The people that I am close with, I can get pretty intimate with them in conversation but it often doesn't seem to happen during the moments that I really crave it. When it does, it's bliss.

Simple silly things can be fun too, it's not unusual for me to crack a really stupid joke and that can be fun too :')

So someone that I can listen to and enjoy the conversation with, and can talk to them about things. And someone that I can laugh with. Passion also :p

I also would like more open-mindedness and tolerance not only in my relationships but also life in general. I want to be in a place where I feel like people can express themselves a bit more openly without being seen as odd or whatever. But I don't like when it goes too over the top - that can get a little overwhelming, even for someone who identifies themselves as a 4.

·
Registered
72 Posts
My ideal friendship is one with a lot of companionship - a lot of time spent together, deep conversations, being able to enjoy each other's company through any activity whether that's playing games together or working on homework together. I also seek friends who share my values and offer emotional support. Out of a romantic relationship I seek much the same only with an increased priority on time spent together as well as some degree of physical intimacy.

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
And what I mean by that isn't just romantic relationships.

What do you want from friendships as well as romantic relationships?

What do you want from the world and your own life in general?
This O/P is "retired".

The thread is 4 years old.

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
Friendships: I'm not sure I feel the need for friendships. But I do feel more connected to people when there is 100% genuineness and when I feel that we are both truly interested in one another, listening fully and openly to what we both have to say.

'Romantic' Relationships: The same is true for my life partner. This is required. The person needs to know themselves deeply, be self-aware and aware of others. This creates understanding and acceptance in the relationship. Must be contemplative yet empathetic. Creative in any which way. Focus on self-growth and an utter excitement, intensity and curiosity for life. I feel like perhaps I'd have more (close?) friendships if they fit this bill.
Looks like NEF re-resurrected it about 2 weeks ago.

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
It has become very apparent to me recently that I crave some sort of intimacy with people. That's not to say I don't want fun. Fun is very important to me too, I can't imagine a life where I can't enjoy. But intimacy and depth is fun for me too. For me it is usually not boring, tedious or overwhelming. It's stimulating. I can't run away or hide from this anymore, and this forum is good for me in that way, to get to connect with like-minded individuals and to be able to describe my mind in ways that I can't really do in everyday life. Even if we're not super close. The people that I am close with, I can get pretty intimate with them in conversation but it often doesn't seem to happen during the moments that I really crave it. When it does, it's bliss.

Simple silly things can be fun too, it's not unusual for me to crack a really stupid joke and that can be fun too :')

So someone that I can listen to and enjoy the conversation with, and can talk to them about things. And someone that I can laugh with. Passion also :p

I also would like more open-mindedness and tolerance not only in my relationships but also life in general. I want to be in a place where I feel like people can express themselves a bit more openly without being seen as odd or whatever. But I don't like when it goes too over the top - that can get a little overwhelming, even for someone who identifies themselves as a 4.
Looks like MATT re-resurrected it about 3 days ago.

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
My ideal friendship is one with a lot of companionship - a lot of time spent together, deep conversations, being able to enjoy each other's company through any activity whether that's playing games together or working on homework together. I also seek friends who share my values and offer emotional support. Out of a romantic relationship I seek much the same only with an increased priority on time spent together as well as some degree of physical intimacy.
Looks like KING found it about an hour ago.

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
I have a really good relationship with my cat.

The cat goes for walks with me and does not wander off too far, unless a bird or a squirrel distracts him.

He sleeps curled up on top of the bed next to me.

He wakes me if there is a strange noise.

He likes to be hugged.

He licks my hands like a dog would too.

Whenever he kills anything he eats half of it and brings me the other half.

He is a very loving kitty.

That's about as good a relationship as you could ask for.

·
empty calories
999 Posts
This O/P is "retired".

The thread is 4 years old.
Looks like CRB resurrected it about 3 weeks ago.
Looks like NEF re-resurrected it about 2 weeks ago.
Looks like MATT re-resurrected it about 3 days ago.
Looks like KING found it about an hour ago.
What do these posts contribute to the thread? Why do you feel the need to mention all of this?

21 - 40 of 59 Posts