Personality Cafe banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
What do these posts contribute to the thread? Why do you feel the need to mention all of this?
I always reconstruct the thread history of old resurrected threads to understand the dynamics of them.

That's probably over your head so stop worrying about it and stop your juvenile whining about it.

·
empty calories
999 Posts
I always reconstruct the thread history of old resurrected threads to understand the dynamics of them.

That's probably over your head so stop worrying about it and stop your juvenile whining about it.
So basically you're filling a page with off-topic posts just because you can't keep it inside your head? And to top it all off, you're insulting anyone who calls you out on it?

You really feel no need to keep interactions friendly, on-topic and of high quality, I suppose. Yeah, that's over my head right there. Keep going the way you do so I won't have to see your spam anymore in a week or so.

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
So basically you're filling a page with off-topic posts just because you can't keep it inside your head? And to top it all off, you're insulting anyone who calls you out on it?

You really feel no need to keep interactions friendly, on-topic and of high quality, I suppose. Yeah, that's over my head right there. Keep going the way you do so I won't have to see your spam anymore in a week or so.
It saves time. Pity that the web site does not allow people to erase their own posts because then consolidation would be easier to do.

·
Registered
8,777 Posts
Wisdom, that is: a rich and mature experience across all virtues simultaneously.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have the same expectations for all types of relationships:

1. Be honest and open. If you are unhappy, just tell me in a rational manner. Don't be aggressive or passive-aggressive. If you suspect something, just ask. I believe that communication is the key to relationship.

2. Respect the needs of the other person. It means that when the person is willing to express their unhappiness, the other person should listen and try to fulfil their needs. (not blindly, of course) For example, if I tell a workaholic E3 that he spends too little time with me, and I feel lonely and unloved, and I expect him to at least try spending more time with me. Of course, I would respect his passion for work and try to not take up too much of his time.

3. Keep your promises.

Basically if a person could the above things, I am pretty satisfied. I just need someone that I could trust and rely on. I am extremely afraid of conflicts, so if my lover has a passion for confrontation (I'm not kidding, I know tons of people who actually prefer confrontation), it is a huge turn-off for me.

·
Banned
3,256 Posts
And what I mean by that isn't just romantic relationships.

What do you want from friendships as well as romantic relationships?

What do you want from the world and your own life in general?

As far as friendships go, I don't desire or require much friendships in life. I am pretty much a loner, but not the creepy guy in a trenchcoat type. I just walk alone in life both literally and metaphorically.

A far as romantically, I am without question a "hopeless romantic" and most likely a demisexual. I absolutely need that intuitive connection.

As for what I want in life? I am not sure. I tend to get overwhelmed easily by external stimuli so I prefer fairly calm environments, even though I have a lot of chaos in me. I don't care much for material goods or wealth, but I know I need both for practical purposes.

Basically my "utopia" is a financially stable lifestyle (for practicality) in some small town with my "soulmate". I require my music, technology/computers, poetry, and imagination.

I used to have fantasies of making a difference for humanity, but learned that is a hopeless endeavor. I am a selfish misanthrope (but yet I care). Too many layers and contradictions :(

·
Registered
196 Posts
Basically my "utopia" is a financially stable lifestyle (for practicality) in some small town with my "soulmate". I require my music, technology/computers, poetry, and imagination.

I used to have fantasies of making a difference for humanity, but learned that is a hopeless endeavor. I am a selfish misanthrope (but yet I care). Too many layers and contradictions :(
Find an ENTJ and they will guide you in realising your need to make a difference + your skill set becomes a necessity to the world :)

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
Friendships=companionship, laughter, warmth, stability.
Romantic relationships=passion, understanding, connection (mental, emotional, physical), love and lust, meaning.
From the world and my life in general=fuck if I know.

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Friendships=companionship, laughter, warmth, stability.
Romantic relationships=passion, understanding, connection (mental, emotional, physical), love and lust, meaning.
From the world and my life in general=fuck if I know.
Hmm yes, sounds about right, although I'd put ''stability'' one down.
Sorry I just hijack your post so I don't have to think/write for myself.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Someone who can help me, make me happy and stimulate me... That sounds rather narcissistic, but I also help others as well... I'm just like "Look... since I'm doing so much for you, you should do the same for me as well". I think that's my general outlook of the world.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Relationships in general: First and foremost... Inspiration. Especially ethical/moral inspiration. I can be friends with people who care about me and support me but I find the most fulfilling friendships are the ones where it's easy to slip in to a deep and meaningful conversation about life and experiences and deep/personal views on the world and right and wrong.

This would be ideal in a romantic relationship too.

Romantic relationship: I need someone who will always have my back (this includes correcting me when I've done or said something wrong or hurtful) and who will encourage me to do the same for him. I need real love, mutual respect and a desire (on both ends) to protect one another. We're a two person team.

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
Friendships - I want shared interests, hanging out and bonding time, support during both high and low times. One of the worst feelings I experience is being happy or finding something awesome without anyone to share it with. Really takes the spice out of life.

Love relationship - All of the above, plus a deeper connection. Artistic, intelligent, and has interest in history or classical cultures. Definitely commitment, affection and sex. Someone who can handle the full range of my interests and emotions. That means she not only understands, but knows exactly how to push me. When to give affirmation and when to test my strengths. Someone with depth, who sees and feels the beginning and end of everything. The love for one person represents my love for life.

The world and my life - Opportunities. The right people and situations. Spacing and timing. Permission to love, to be happy, sad, and everything in between. Inspiration and spiritual strength to pursue true love.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Personal relationships (friends, partners, etc.)

Usually I am looking for someone to whom I can talk with openly from day 1 without feeling I might be betrayed. Ofc everyone can betray you at some point, but it's a lot easier to find someone with whom you feel comfortable from the beginning. In my case, I haven't found many people that inspire trust since the beginning and that is pretty frustrating.
I also like peope who are able to commit to a long friendship/relationship from the start and don't just use your company for their current loneliness. It happened to me a few times to spend time daily in chatting with people who after 1-2 months just disappear with not much explanation and I find that to be unfair. My sister (INTJ) tells me I am taking it too personal haha.

Professional relationships (colleagues, bosses, partners, etc.)

Commitment, clear direction, open to encouragement and feedback.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Relationships in general: First and foremost... Inspiration. Especially ethical/moral inspiration. I can be friends with people who care about me and support me but I find the most fulfilling friendships are the ones where it's easy to slip in to a deep and meaningful conversation about life and experiences and deep/personal views on the world and right and wrong.

This would be ideal in a romantic relationship too.

Romantic relationship: I need someone who will always have my back (this includes correcting me when I've done or said something wrong or hurtful) and who will encourage me to do the same for him. I need real love, mutual respect and a desire (on both ends) to protect one another. We're a two person team.
I also agree with this.

·
Registered
4,079 Posts
Depth... I enjoy friendships where I can talk in person for hours with and then breaks in between. And whenever we leave off, there we are, we've met right back from where we left off.. as though time has never left us.

Growing pains, sense of innocence. Teenage friendships tend to be the closest for that reason, even all throughout adulthood.

·
Registered
218 Posts
nothing. i don't want anything at all anymore. wanting is demanding, tiring for everyone. i used to idealize everything but world is not like that. i would rather be alone.

41 - 59 of 59 Posts