Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple weeks ago, I really got into the personality type thing and wanted to know who exactly my soul mate was going to be. Then I realized, all I wanted in a person was someone who can bring the best out of me or help me become a better person and that I don't have to limit myself to a certain type.

I want someone full of life, incredibly open-minded, kind, brave, someone that has such great inner strength. Mainly because that's who I want to be. :) What about you?

·
Banned
189 Posts
I want someone that believes in me, even when I don't. I want someone that can just look at me and know how I am feeling. To be able to communicate without words. I'd like someone that doesn't mind me loving them unconditionally. I'd like someone that wants me to cuddle with them... that wants to wake up next to me and just enjoy the moment. Someone to cook me breakfast or pick me flowers just because. Someone that I can inspire. Someone that loves me for me, the mess that I am. I want someone that can take care of me, but also someone that I can take care of as well. I'd like for us to need each other equally.

sigh.

·
Banned
ENFJ — sx/so — 2w3 7w6 9w8: The Peacekeeper
4,399 Posts
Need someone good off the ropes. Has to be able to take a suplex or two and still come to me for the tag. Also has to good look in pink.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
At this moment I would like a reasonably extraverted, somewhat aggressive person. Must be an N and enjoy cuddling. I want to be able to share esoteric interests and fully take advantage of the randomness of life. Someone who's passionate about life and getting things done to counteract my laziness and pump up my own passions. I want to be dazzled by intelligence and surprised by random acts of sweetness.

·
Registered
208 Posts
The most important qualities I search for are:
- stable, trustworthy
- kind-hearted
- open-minded
- self-confident
- brave
- not afraid to show feelings

·
Banned
13,780 Posts
I'd like someone who is kind, caring and compassionate with a strong will. Someone who can be blunt with me when I don't do what is necessary, but still understanding. Rose said: "I'd like someone that wants me to cuddle with them... that wants to wake up next to me and just enjoy the moment." That would be wonderful.

I'd just want someone to love me for who I am. Someone to enjoy life with.....someone that needs me.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Some one who is kind and understanding.
Sweet
Good at math
Funny
Interesting
Smart

·
Registered
732 Posts
I want someone who understands me, who I can share my struggles and passions with, and who values not what life has given me but how I have responded. Basically the same old love me for being myself kinda thing. I really want to meet someone as messed up as I am, so we can relate to each others emotional pain and deep desire for love, and feel valuable and whole even when we're unsuccessful, ill, suffering and powerless. I'm giving myself 10 years to find her, then I'm giving up and growing bitter.

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
I want to be so deeply intertwined with someone that if the entire world ended and we were the only two people left remaining, we would barely bat an eye and just be so thankful to have found one another. Why? Because when you truly connect with someone, when you hold their hand, cuddle with them at night, or even think of one another as you are apart, it feels as if you are the only two people in the world.

To match this, I've always believed that if you love somebody, you would do anything for them. If they love you in return, they won't take advantage of that. For me, I've been in a number of relationships where women generally let me do as I wish, they let me take the reigns and decide where we go and what we do -- they're just happy to be with me. Well, the truth is that I'm just happy to be with them too. When you're in love with somebody, it's like having a 2nd conscience in your head, instead of going with the impulsive "I want to do this" the thoughts of the other person (which may be unspoken) will intertwine with yours and help you decide something that's best for both of you. Ideally, I want that complete resonance with someone so that we are permanently ingrained within each other.

I'd like to be with someone who shares similar ideologies, but is different enough that we can both grow by knowing one another. Honestly, if either of us was perfect then we wouldn't need one another, I often find that disagreements can often lead to growth as long as you are open minded enough to understand the other viewpoints. While you may never agree on certain stances, that can be a good thing because no set idea is best in all situations.

Honestly, I prefer women that are generally not open with their thoughts with others, but would open up to me. I immensely love the idea of sharing something with someone that no one else has. I'm fairly open on the forefront, but not about the things that matter. I have -never- truly opened up with someone to the point of absolute vulnerability. If that did occur, I'd be married to them now.

I want no secrets whatsoever. I value the ability to be entirely open with one another, whether it may be hurtful or not. Beyond that, I want anything that goes through one of us (ie: important talk with a friend) to go through both of us. If a friend made me swear not to tell a soul, then I would swear to it, but tell my partner. My promises are her promises, and her promises are mine.

I never want that feeling of having to try to escape from one another. When we inevitably have any disputes, I don't want anyone running away. We may not want to talk about it and that's fine (at first), but I'm still going to hold her close -- maybe whisper in an endearing way that's she an ass, but give her a kiss on the back of her head. In the end it's like "hey, I'm mad at you, but I love you with all my heart and soul" :D

Anywaysssssss, I could go on for days (sorta did).

·
Banned
2,025 Posts
We want perfection. Or close to it.

I want someone full of life, incredibly open-minded, kind, brave, someone that has such great inner strength. Mainly because that's who I want to be. :)
That is so very true of what I want. I also want depth with a high IQ, a sound moral foundation, honesty, also some ambition, in a physically attractive form (nice body included). [I have all that myself. So that part might be reasonable, though hard to find.] A sense of humor helps. Another thing that I'm thinking of is a sense of shared experiences, having been through similar garbage to what I've experienced. Life goals have to be compatible, of course. If we can talk and talk about all sorts of subjects and I'm able to be myself and not gradually think worse of that person, it's probably special. It's interesting how I'm realizing that overt warmth and things like housekeeping contributions hardly matter to me.

Reactions: minkaybell

·
MOTM Dec 2012
12,239 Posts
I want someone that believes in me, even when I don't. I want someone that can just look at me and know how I am feeling. To be able to communicate without words. I'd like someone that doesn't mind me loving them unconditionally. I'd like someone that wants me to cuddle with them... that wants to wake up next to me and just enjoy the moment. Someone to cook me breakfast or pick me flowers just because. Someone that I can inspire. Someone that loves me for me, the mess that I am. I want someone that can take care of me, but also someone that I can take care of as well. I'd like for us to need each other equally.

sigh.

I am inclined to believe that this transpires in movies

·
MOTM Dec 2012
12,239 Posts
What do you mean? :sad:
Oops, I forgot to put "only" in there. I meant that while it sounds romantic, it doesn't happen that often IRL. But I'm with you on your desire for this kind of lover, I wish I could find somebody like that :happy:

·
Banned
189 Posts
Oops, I forgot to put "only" in there. I meant that while it sounds romantic, it doesn't happen that often IRL. But I'm with you on your desire for this kind of lover, I wish I could find somebody like that :happy:
What part doesn't seem likely to happen, specifically?

·
Registered
93 Posts
There are a lot of things. But I think the most important to me is that she loves me as much as i love her. But then I wonder, can anybody fall that far in love with me?

·
MOTM Dec 2012
12,239 Posts
What part doesn't seem likely to happen, specifically?
Specifically, I suppose a person could embody everything you mentioned, but I was thinking more generally in terms of finding someone like this. While such persons do exist, our idealistic partner always seems out of reach. That's how I see it.

·
Banned
2,025 Posts
Me too. But you never know. Sometimes shared backgrounds, interests (left that one off my list, oops), and sets of traits can connect people even if one seems 'better' than the other.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 50 Posts