Personality Cafe banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you were to think of the most important non physical traits of a person ,what would be the traits and character of a spouse which you are looking for?

If in a financial struggle what kind of characteristics would you want to have in a spouse?

If you arent having a good day what kind of characteristics would your ideal spouse have when reacting to your mood?

If you are enjoying life what kind of characteristics would your spouse have to interact with you?

Elaborate on what makes someone an ideal,yet realistic spouse/mate for you to spend the rest of your life with.

mine would be humble,enjoys funny stuff,thoughtful of others,generous,and forgiving,believes in Jesus.
I always like cooperation at an equal level.Ive always thought it to be ideal if i found someone who is able to encourage me no matter the circumstances and overlook faults while encouraging improvements .humility is a big plus because it allows people to grow spiritually .If I wasnt having a good day I would want a persn who would make me toast with butter and strawberry jam just to cheer me up or give me some kind of deep philosophical discussion especially involving the bible.I find comfort i people who can remain really steady spiritually through bad times.watching movies and tv shows that have deep meaning would be nice with a person who appreciates it all equally.I dont like the disconnect my parents have and theyve been married for thirty two years,mainly i. the way they dot build eachother up spiritually or in any other way,they dont seem to reciprocate much of anything.

anyhow feel free to express what you admire or want in a spouse .Im curious what NF have to say about this.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
If in a financial struggle what kind of characteristics would you want to have in a spouse?

Practical thinking will be the most important thing. Sit down, think over the problem and come up with a solution.
I don't mind giving up hobby shit that requires money till the financial crisis is over and I expect the same from my partner.

If you aren't having a good day what kind of characteristics would your ideal spouse have when reacting to your mood?

"Hey <insert lovely nickname here>, I see you're in a bad mood. Let me roll up that joint/pour some whiskey/ and we can talk about it."
I rarely need emotional support, but any advices how to get out of the shithole are appreciated. As a general rule the quote above is sufficient though.

If you are enjoying life what kind of characteristics would your spouse have to interact with you?

What I really really want is acceptance and appreciation for who I am. I am tired and not willing to change myself completely for a partner. You get what you see - nothing more, nothing less. Of course changes and compromises are inevitable but I am not stomping over my fundamental values for anyone. If I am happy it means that I get said things, which means that I don't want anything else.

As a whole I don't need much other than that. Acceptance, shared interests and no unnecessary drama. Everything else just makes the relationship interesting :blushed:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts