Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
I wish people would accept that I do not like attending gatherings where there is loud music, drunken dancing, and where I don't know many people. :frustrating:

I wish people would understand that I like to spend a lot of time alone.

·
Registered
335 Posts
that i am actually capable of feeling emotions but expressing them is not easy so do not put any pressure on me (to discuss 'feelings'). and that i will never let anyone reach the depths of my ISTJ heart, accept the fact that my guard will never be completely down for anyone.

i'm absolutely fine by myself :happy:

eta: do not ask too many (unnecessary) questions.

·
Registered
9,498 Posts
... that I will have MORE fun if things are planned out. Seriously. If there isn't a plan, I will be so worried about little things that I won't be able to have fun. Such as (but not limited to) ...
- Will we catch the bus on time or be forced to wait for the next one? (Solved by getting a schedule in advance.)
- Will we make it to restaurant before they close? (Call ahead!)
- Will we be dressed appropriately for wherever we're going? (Either do the research or carry a change of clothing.)
- Will we have enough cash for what we want to do? (Find out where the ATM's are and make a list of them.)
- Will we be mostly indoors or mostly outdoors? (IOW, do I need to bring my sunscreen; if it's outside, I HAVE to wear it or else I'll fry.)

·
MOTM May 2011
14,041 Posts
I'm not broke, so stop trying to fix me. If it feels like you pity me or you are patronizing me, then I want no part of you or this conversation.

I don't hate you; I like being alone. However, if I give you the back off signal and you don't listen--you will think that I hate you.

If you bust in and interrupt me when I am intently working, then you have irritated me. Do it three times and I'm angry. Instead of busting in, come into my range of vision so that I know that you need me for something. Don't speak, let me finish. I will acknowledge you when I get to a stopping point--usually within 30 seconds. Do it this way (instead of busting in) and I won't be irritated--even if you have to interrupt me four or five times.

Of course I think I am right, doesn't everyone? If I thought I was wrong, I would change--I want to be right in my thinking.

I am not above you or think that I am better than you. I am quiet because I am watching, listening, and learning about you. I will reserve judgment until I am comfortable that I understand you and the situation a little better.

I am pretty accepting of others. I don't think you are stupid or dumb. Unless you go out of your way to prove otherwise.

I'll respect your arguments for your POV, unless you become circular in your logic, or (especially if) you allow your emotions to get involved with your argument.

Emotions are great, but they are not to be trusted. I make my decisions from a logical perspective and make every attempt to keep emotions out of the decision making process.

If I don't complain, assume everything is ok. If something is wrong, I will usually speak up if it is important.

Don't talk to me about pie in the sky wishful thinking and abstract reasoning. I don't spend time in the field chasing butterflies unless I need a specimen for my collection.

If you have a concrete problem that needs fixing--I'm your huckleberry.

People that waste other people's time are the lowest of life forms.

That should do for now...:shocked::crazy::tongue::blushed::wink: :cool:

·
Registered
9,498 Posts
If you bust in and interrupt me when I am intently working, then you have irritated me. Do it three times and I'm angry. Instead of busting in, come into my range of vision so that I know that you need me for something. Don't speak, let me finish. I will acknowledge you when I get to a stopping point--usually within 30 seconds. Do it this way (instead of busting in) and I won't be irritated--even if you have to interrupt me four or five times.
^ This.
(Get out of my head, btw! :tongue: )

Also, if you don't know what you are doing, and ask me how to do something, and then turn around and do something else (or nothing) anyway, I am probably going to be angry about it. Don't waste my time by asking me how to do something and then not do it.

This happened to me at work just the other night. While I can't get into specific details (due to confidentiality reasons), suffice it to say that the coworker called me and asked me what to do. I told him step-by-step what needed to be done (it involved a potential client but I needed more information before I could decide whether she was appropriate for our facility). I told him that he needed to call the person back and get certain facts, and then what to do for each scenario.

So what did he do? He called the Executive Director, at 1:30 A.M., who proceeded to call me and have ME take care of the entire issue. :angry:
Apparently after nine years I don't know what I'm doing. This is not the first time he has done this.
The first time I let it slide because he's only been there a year. This time I called him back after everything was taken care of, and after reminding him that I've been working there (in the same capacity) for nine years, that if he was going to call me and ask for advice, then he needs to follow it. Otherwise, don't bother, because it was a colossal waste of time.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
... although we appear calm cool and collected, we are a mass of whirring, flipping and contorting emotions. Sometimes you need to speak softly and kind to us sometimes, because we do enter into in a tender emotional state.

....and even though I need to be alone sometimes, I get lonely.

OWL

·
Registered
46 Posts
that when you're intentionally late for something (i.e. you weren't in a car crash, you decided to make a last minute wardrobe change AFTER you were supposed to leave in the first place) and act like it's no big deal, it makes me feel awful. as in "whatever i was doing was more important than our already-made plans." me making plans to see you is a huge compliment BECAUSE i want to see you. you're important to me. but apparently i'm not important enough to warrant you actually meeting on time.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I wish you knew that:
I don't enjoy picking up your slack: I do it because it needs to be done.
I feel resentment, humiliation and rejection acutely, no matter how I act.
I need to spend time alone in order to recharge.
Yes, this is my normal expression; no, nothing is wrong.
I don't mind making a fool of myself, but I'll do it on my terms.
The "funny" things that I did in times gone by, that you bring up now and again to get a laugh at my expense, are the same things I beat myself up over every day.

·
Banned
4,477 Posts
I wish you knew that:
I don't enjoy picking up your slack: I do it because it needs to be done.
I feel resentment, humiliation and rejection acutely, no matter how I act.
I need to spend time alone in order to recharge.
Yes, this is my normal expression; no, nothing is wrong.
I don't mind making a fool of myself, but I'll do it on my terms.
The "funny" things that I did in times gone by, that you bring up now and again to get a laugh at my expense, are the same things I beat myself up over every day.
I can agree to most of those items by experience.

We should have something stronger than a thank button, maybe a hug button because you need it *Hug*

Oh yes. According to past threads, I just crossed a line in ISTJ Land :wink:

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
I can agree to most of those items by experience.

We should have something stronger than a thank button, maybe a hug button because you need it *Hug*

Oh yes. According to past threads, I just crossed a line in ISTJ Land :wink:
Ok...this made me laugh. I was having an online conversation with an ISTJ friend the other day and had expressed some of the things I'm dealing with in life lately... She did her best to comfort me in her ISTJ way and then gave me a *pats head* and told me it will all be ok....LOL! I thanked her for the head pat and gave her a *head pat* in return since I'm not a particularly *huggy* INFP. :happy: I think you guys are great just the way you are...really I do.

·
MOTM May 2011
14,041 Posts
@cursivelogic--

Please leave my head--now!:crazy:

Reactions: Rhee

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
When you come to me with some very sad story looking for emotional support and I don't give you anything other than a slightly confused, slightly concerned look and a response consisting of "Wow, that sucks." it's not because I'm a robot and don't care, it's because I don't know how to show that I care through words.

No, I do not want to take part in your aimless wandering around with no plan in mind. I find it boring and a waste of time. What's down that street? I have no idea. Do I want to go walking down it for 20 minutes? No, I do not.

I hate PDA. If you PDA me I will want to shove you into the mouth of an active volcano.

I do not want to have a deep emotional conversation or personal conversation in a public place surrounded by people where they can eavesdrop. Save conversations like that for when it's just 1on1 or with a small group of people that I trust.

Small talk is the bane of my existence.

Listening to you use me as your "think out loud buddy" makes me wish I was deaf. Please think inside of your head and stop trapping me into your one-sided conversation.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
No, I do not want to take part in your aimless wandering around with no plan in mind. I find it boring and a waste of time. What's down that street? I have no idea. Do I want to go walking down it for 20 minutes? No, I do not.
This !!!!

Whenever my girlfriend says those fearful words - "What's down that street?" - I repress my reflexive shudder, square my shoulders, think happy thoughts, put on a smile and stoically follow.

·
Registered
324 Posts
To most people they cannot stand being in silence for very long. While i do not mind it and at times is refreshing from idle chatter.

Emotions are great, but they are not to be trusted. I make my decisions from a logical perspective and make every attempt to keep emotions out of the decision making process.
I do have feelings but you have to be able to put them aside for certain things or it will blind you.

If you think i am cold now keep agitating me and you will get a whole new definition of what "cold" is!

Just because i do not have some smile attached to my face all the time doesnt mean i am angry....if you keep asking about it then i become angry.....HULK SMASH!!

1 - 20 of 121 Posts