Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, I've heard sneezes ranging from a booming "AHCHHOOOOOOO!" small high-pitched "teuw!"

So tell me about your sneezes. Tell me about their pronunciation, volume, pitch, and anything else you can think of. Does the sound linger or cut off suddenly? I don't necessarily believe there to be a MBTI type/sneeze correlation, but it would be interesting if there was. Really, I'm asking INTPs out of pure curiosity, but other roaming types are welcome to answer as well.

I'll start:

Mine don't really have any vocalization. I suppose it could be described as a whisper sneeze because there's no voice in there. The sound is a short "choo" followed by a sniff.

·
Registered
627 Posts
My sneeze is a pretty standard achoo sound, it's lower pitched then most sneezes though, I guess you could say more throaty?

off topic: If you touch the roof of your mouth with your tongue when you are about to sneeze the sensation goes away.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
off topic: If you touch the roof of your mouth with your tongue when you are about to sneeze the sensation goes away.
Why would I want it to go away? That's one of my biggest annoyances when I feel like I need to sneeze but instead of the sudden relief of sneezing, I have to wait for it to fade away slowly.

For the past 15 years or so, I've said "pika" right before sneezing. To me, that still hasn't gotten old.
Or if you forget to say "pika," alternatively you can follow up your sneeze by saying "bacca".

·
Registered
627 Posts
Why would I want it to go away? That's one of my biggest annoyances when I feel like I need to sneeze but instead of the sudden relief of sneezing, I have to wait for it to fade away slowly.
I do it in public to maintain a low profile. Also people feeling obligated to say bless you when you sneeze annoys me for some reason.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
aah

TSFSJGFSTHEUS

I've always hated my sneeze. It's an industrial sort of sneeze.
It doesn't dress itself down.
It doesn't consider sensitivities.
It's got a job to do.
It's going to do it.

·
Registered
9,468 Posts
I don't think there's anything abnormal in the sound of my sneezes. But here's a quote from my friend when I sneezed(snoze?) one time:

"I've heard of people getting whiplash in their neck from sneezing, but I've never seen anyone whip their entire back before..."

Also, does anyone else's chest(ribs probably) hurt from sneezing?

·
Registered
121 Posts
I sneeze like a girl. But I do that on purpose cause its funny and ironical to my size (2 meters long, weight 100 kg). People always gets the "W-T-F look".
My normal sneeze would sound pretty much like an avrage sneeze.

·
Registered
BEAR
1,925 Posts
I think my sneezes are pretty average--quick, mid-pitched, and sometimes messy :frustrating:

·
Registered
10,350 Posts
I kind of go 'hah-CHOO' but it's extremely short and not really loud. I usually get my head thrown forward by it though (which has led to hitting my head into a door once of twice).

Reactions: HighSteaks

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
"Cunch."

If it's a particularly tingly sneeze, I follow it up with a jowl-flapping shimmy, Canis familiaris-style.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts