Personality Cafe banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Banned
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious how the different personalities think about past relationships. As an INTJ I don't think about the past much only to remember a few moments in a relationship ( you know which ones ).

But do others linger on what could have been and beat themselves up or like me do they just carry around the "nice" images.

Reactions: Unicorntopia

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
I don't really think about my relationship with my ex much. When I do think about him I wonder how he's doing and what type of person he is now. I wonder if he's doing alright. Though this may just be because of the circumstances that lead to our break up. Had things been more standard I probably wouldn't concern myself with his wellbeing.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I don't hate my last ex, though he can be a bit annoying. When I think of him I kind of feel sad because I think his family situation messed up his relationships in general. I wonder if he'll grow up and meet a nice girl or if he'll end up lonely and messed up. Probably the latter.

·
Registered
125 Posts
My last ex died 2 weeks after we broke up. We were always on again off again.

I wonder how things would have worked out if he had lived.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
wow... I'm still friends with most of my ex boyfriends and fiances. It's clear to me why each of those relationships didn't work and I'm happy for those of them who found someone else...

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
I usually just wonder about what would of happened or if Something could of changed.
Overall though they are EX'S for a reason and it always boils down to that.

not that I have any hate for them whatsoever but there was always something that didn't work
and even if it worked for a bit longer eventually things would of came to the surface or the spark would eventually die out
and we would be in the same thing we are now. ex's.

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
I haven't had a serious relationship since I broke up with my ex about a year ago. We dated for two years, and after I broke up with him, he was so angry about it that he decided to tell my very conservative parents some unnecessary details about my life (I have a tattoo, I drink on occasion, we had sex, etc.) To this day, my relationship with my family is still strained because of him.

But I rarely think about him. If I did, I would be constantly and angry and upset. He just doesn't exist to me anymore, and he honestly never even crosses my mind. I know I'm the best thing that will ever happen to him, and life will catch up with him for what he did to me. That's all the peace I need.

·
Banned
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
But I rarely think about him. If I did, I would be constantly and angry and upset. He just doesn't exist to me anymore, and he honestly never even crosses my mind. I know I'm the best thing that will ever happen to him, and life will catch up with him for what he did to me. That's all the peace I need.

As an INTJ, I think about what went wrong with the "system" of our relationship (INTJ are engineers) not about the people.

So do you ever wonder how you could make the next relationship better?
Did you learn anything about this one that you can carry forward to the next? Is that something you can share with the rest of us?

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
I get tired when I think of past relationship, along the lines of "gah god am I glad that's over with, whew *drinks a glass of water*"

·
MOTM Feb 2011
8,075 Posts
I have some memories of a particular greek god (he was lousy at relationships though), but other than that I wonder what the heck I was thinking when I hooked up with them. I also think how much better things are now that I have my husband because he just blows them out of the water.

·
MOTM Feb 2011
8,075 Posts
So do you ever wonder how you could make the next relationship better?
Did you learn anything about this one that you can carry forward to the next? Is that something you can share with the rest of us?
Well, I learnt from past relationships about what and who I didn't want. Process of elimination you might say.

·
Registered
179 Posts
It depends on what I am doing when I think of my ex-wife. Like if I am sitting on the floor, I wonder how my couch is holding up. :wink:

If I'm horny and alone, I think about how nice her body was, how nice she smelled or tasted....:tongue:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.