Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ne/Te loop - do we do this? It's easy for me to see a dom/tert loop in some other MB types, but I have no idea what the signs are for an ENFP? Incessant talking without reflection?

·
Registered
458 Posts
This is copied from a previous thread (http://personalitycafe.com/articles/25205-dominant-tertiary-loops-common-personality-disorders.html)
ENFP/ESTJ: Ne/Te or Te/Ne--Borderline Personality Disorder. The ENFP I described above may have been one of these types. They simultaneously desire to control and dazzle others with their extraordinary leadership and grandiose performances. For the ENFP, this tends to take the form of insisting on consistent, scheduled attention from others for his/her artistic or creative gifts, while for the ESTJ it tends to manifest itself in terms of indignation when others refuse to follow every detail of the user's "visionary" leadership style. This combination, ironically, makes the user extremely dependent upon others for meaning, never really finding a sense of internal balance, no matter how hard he works to create and delegate. While Te leads these types to desire structure and discipline, Ne continually contradicts it by insisting on impulsive displays of creative freedom. Often self-denigrating over the inability to control Ne's impulsive explorations, Te will go to any lengths to keep the user in a position of power and influence, where others must defer to his authority. If Fi/Si were doing its job, these types would recognize that what they're looking for cannot be found outside themselves--they must learn to sometimes live for themselves and only themselves, and forget about external results for a moment.
Not sure if I identify though...

Reactions: Essay

·
Registered
458 Posts
I feel like it would lead the ENFP to lose any sort of direction and become a bit of an experience junkie due to Ne saying "what are the possibilities? what could I do?" and Te saying "Well, there's only one way to find out!"
Well if you're right about that, I can definitely relate to that sort of behaviour. Sad to think it might be pathological - I just thought it was a fun part of being an ENFP! :)

Reactions: briesas

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Well if you're right about that, I can definitely relate to that sort of behaviour. Sad to think it might be pathological - I just thought it was a fun part of being an ENFP! :)
It is a fun part of being an ENFP :D and can be very appropriate and helpful. but definitely if it's done too much or Fi is disregarded 100% of the time it can get out of control. I think it leads to very short-term thinking without really weighing any consequences.

·
Registered
458 Posts
True. I personally find that it's very difficult for Fi not to kick in at some point. Actually thinking back, there have been many times when I've indulged in an experience and thrown caution to the wind...only to beat myself up about it a few days later. I guess that's the Fi coming back to haunt you!

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@funcoolname the 'experience' junkie part resonates - thanks! I've experienced that, and could see going 'overboard.' @r00bic0n - I agree, i am a little suspicious of the explanation posted from the other thread. I *am* a leader, I *am* creative* and I *am* artistic. Of course I want some recognition for those things!

So, do we, like some other groups I've seen, stop ne/te loops by engaging our secondary function? How does one engage Fi?

·
Registered
458 Posts
I *am* a leader, I *am* creative* and I *am* artistic. Of course I want some recognition for those things!
Totally.

So, do we, like some other groups I've seen, stop ne/te loops by engaging our secondary function? How does one engage Fi?
I think that would be the little voice in your head that says "are you sure about this crazy thing you're about to do? I know you think it'll be fine, just go with it, but what about the (mainly emotional) consequences?"

The amount of times I've just ignored that voice and it comes back to say "I sort of warned you about this..."

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
@funcoolname the 'experience' junkie part resonates - thanks! I've experienced that, and could see going 'overboard.' @r00bic0n - I agree, i am a little suspicious of the explanation posted from the other thread. I *am* a leader, I *am* creative* and I *am* artistic. Of course I want some recognition for those things!

By chilling the crap out. :p Having some quiet time to give yourself a chance to filter through all of the Ne gathered information and apply values to it. This is when you assess whether or not you're being true to yourself....which, being the most important thing to ENFPs, is a pretty important task.

·
Registered
9,800 Posts
It turns ENFPs into arrogant sons of bitches, that's what it does.
Now you're talking.:D....not many ENFP would admit this, glad i'm not the only . I'm not sure if there is such thing as a loop, or not convinced anyways. Under stress and anxiety our behavior changes, it literally alters all our functions. When i'm at work and have to make a snap decision, i completely abandon my Fi. Together with my Ne, my Te takes total control to come up with the best logical solution. We are capable of doing this all the time, although when relaxed, i think we become lazy in our thinking :p

·
Banned
17,781 Posts
@Tridentus
@MuChApArAdOx

you guys are crazy, I love my Ne/Te loop
- socially bitch slapping people who are disrespect you is fun
- it's even more useful if you want to defend someone being picked on. an Fi powered Ne/Te delivery by an ENFP can be a powerful weapon against bullies and those who mistreat the weak
- if you are trying to be productive, an Ne/Te can be very productive as opposed to normal ENFP activity (let's face it, high productivity is not second nature to us)
- strong Te brings a kind of confidence and stability that ENFPs often lack

·
Registered
677 Posts
Oh.. I've def. been using the Ne + Te loop a lot more lately given my growing position of command. It feels very empowering and I'm usually doing it to stand up for myself or someone else. It def. makes me into an arrogant, ego maniac lol

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
As long as you stay true to yourself and your values, there's nothing wrong with leaving Fi out of the loop sometimes. XD Just let it out to get some exercise a bit when you have some down time.

·
Banned
17,781 Posts
Oh.. I've def. been using the Ne + Te loop a lot more lately given my growing position of command. It feels very empowering and I'm usually doing it to stand up for myself or someone else. It def. makes me into an arrogant, ego maniac lol
standing up for yourself and standing up for others doesn't make you an arrogant, ego maniac; it makes you a strong, assertive, principled man who stands up for those weaker than him and deserves respect. people with character tend to have swag, this should never be confused with ego mania.

·
Registered
677 Posts
standing up for yourself and standing up for others doesn't make you an arrogant, ego maniac; it makes you a strong, assertive, principled man who stands up for those weaker than him and deserves respect. people with character tend to have swag, this should never be confused with ego mania.
Yeah - I'm just new to being so strong and assertive. I've always been principled but now I find myself speaking out and pwning people. I also walk around like I'm worth a billion bucks lol

·
Banned
17,781 Posts
Yeah - I'm just new to being so strong and assertive. I've always been principled but now I find myself speaking out and pwning people. I also walk around like I'm worth a billion bucks lol
of course you do
- you are principled
- you are assertive and strong
- you are a 3

Reactions: zadude

·
Banned
13,780 Posts
@Tridentus
@MuChApArAdOx

you guys are crazy, I love my Ne/Te loop
- socially bitch slapping people who are disrespect you is fun
- it's even more useful if you want to defend someone being picked on. an Fi powered Ne/Te delivery by an ENFP can be a powerful weapon against bullies and those who mistreat the weak
- if you are trying to be productive, an Ne/Te can be very productive as opposed to normal ENFP activity (let's face it, high productivity is not second nature to us)
- strong Te brings a kind of confidence and stability that ENFPs often lack
o_O is this Ne-Te loop? (this is from another forum..umm not from here ^^ don't ban me without warning me to take it off)

I'm not your run of the mil INFP and you caught me in a real bad moment. Keep your shit to yourself, this is a serious post. If this were real life you'd be crawling in a ditch bleeding from the head before you uttered even 50% of that crap. I don't tolerate bullshit like this, get that into your thick fucking skulls! NO as an INFP I'm not some God damn pussy who is going to take bullshit like this lying down :\!

<__< you don't fuck around on my thread got that!? I'm done with this. You can all blow it out your asses and yes I will beat the living shit out of the next person who pisses me off. Nothing but fucking trash all of you.

I don't fucking care if I am banned for this.
I always identified more with the Fi-Si loop (AVPD)

INFP/ISTJ: Fi/Si or Si/Fi--Avoidant Personality Disorder. Often scarred by some intensely negative past experience with opening up too many of their private emotions, this type compulsively avoids social situations and interaction with others. They are fiercely sensitive and may exaggerate or misconstrue perceived negative emotional intent in the words or actions of others. They will sometimes project their negative feelings onto others (Fi), as Si tells them that if I were to behave this way, I would have to be very upset, so anyone who behaves that way must also be. These types often have a chronic problem with trusting the intentions or motivations of others, refusing to share private information with even their closest friends and family. They are so deeply sensitive that they refuse to risk being hurt by attempting deep connections with others--you'll see this a lot in ISTJs with Asperger's. If Ne/Te were doing its job, these types would maintain a heathy grip on the importance of letting go of the past and trying something new in the name of accomplishing a greater goal, but some of these remain total recluses for most (if not all) of their lives.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts