-no empathy
-manipulative
-like confruntation and act in a violent manner

and I guess many more but that should give you a good idea

·
Registered
343 Posts
Thought process: 'Fuck the world.'

Action: withdrawn to the point of isolation, very quiet and reserved (barely speaking), has nightmares/ restless nights. Might make up a fantasy world and move permanently there.

What they are really feeling: hollow, empty, and very hurting on the inside.

How to overcome: by finding meaning again in this world and finding faith/self-confidence within themselves ... and a redeeming hope for humanity.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Curiosity :proud:
Extremely depressed.
Prone to aggression and hypersensitivity.
Trusts no one.
Vengeance will be a pivotal fixation.
Extremely dark thoughts.
Dramatic.
Polar mood swings.
Violent.
Prone to alcohol abuse.
Spiteful.
Vicious.

These are the results of shadow functions.
The polarity of your functions flip, and you, literally, become the opposite of yourself.
The normally quiet, diplomatic INFJ turns into a Viking Berserker, set on exacting retribution on the people who are hypocrites and liars (or the ones that they perceive to be) at all costs. :angry:

This is the ultimate INFJ GONE BAD... It's almost mythical! Lol!

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Bad's pretty subjective. There are INFJs who get their ideals all twisted and do evil as a duty like the operative from the movie Serenity.

Then there's INFJs who can't handle life and are massively depressed and have low self esteem.

Then there are INFJs who are just straight up dickheads such as myself.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I somewhat have a theory that many of the people who qualify for NPD as a Covert Narcissist could be extremely unhealthy INFJs (this might also possibly happen with an ENFJ type, I'm not sure).

Some descriptions have included a tendency to "create problems" if we feel like there's stagnation in a relationship or situation.

Early phases (so I suppose, usually young INFJs though I'm sure there are adults who never progress or progress much more slowly) can sometimes be rigid and kind of self-righteous.

There are some INFJs that I've noted seem to be highly volatile emotionally and don't control themselves outwardly. This might not really be unhealthy, I'm not sure... but I somewhat consider it to be undesirable. I have a hard time relating to the INFJs who do this, though I can remember being more that way when I was very young. I think the amount of drama surrounding these INFJs can probably look really ugly or over the top to other types who won't be able to empathize with the level of intensity of the INFJs feelings. This probably hinders them socially to a degree? I'm sure being over-run by those feeling on a daily basis and not having a productive outlet to work through them must be unhealthy on some level. I still have very intense emotions, but I've learned some coping mechanisms so I don't spiral out "bad situation -> crazy intense emotional flood -> outward explosion of crazy emotional flood -> worse situation " rinse repeat.

·
Registered
322 Posts
my behavior when I've gone bad:

yell/shout
curse
act like 'I don't give a shit'

and usually after I've done all of the things I mentioned above, I feel calmer, but I regret for doing it... and then I get scared that the person I've done all those things to will never forgive me.

·
MOTM October 2013
6,445 Posts
Vengeful, passive-aggressive, taking offense/hurt from everything, seeing malevolence in others where there is none, acting like the world revolves (or should revolve) around them and their feelings, finding someone's sensitive areas and "sticking" them there to get what they want.

Not a pretty picture.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
INFJ gone bad. Hard question. Probably an assassin who uses a sniper. At least that's what I'd prefer doing if I somehow ended up going 'bad.' Still and focused. Bitter and confused at the world, not knowing what to believe anymore. Trying hard to justify in my mind whatever reason I have for assassinating this person. If it's my duty to kill them is it a good thing? Do they deserve it? Or is it a bad thing? Who am I to judge? Then later feeling like a terrible person who is unable to forgive himself for the rest of his life.

·
PerC Mermaid
23,481 Posts
Like Jekyll y mister Hyde :p

·
Registered
310 Posts
Personally:

I wouldn't plan. What I would do would be spontaneous and most probably violent. My closest similarity to my 'dark side' is the Joker. Even while writing this i'm thinking "Why're you telling them? Even on the off chance that someday you go over the edge, you don't want anyone to know about how to stop you."

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Firstly, like you're about to dive headfirst into tumultuous waters and you've temporarily lost the ability to care.
As you're drowning and unsure of how best to describe your inner turmoil, you begin to look around for others to blame.
One by one, you start grasping at pant legs of those whom you've welcomed into your inner life, who were standing on raised, golden platforms basking in your sunlight (in this case, your love) and are now, inexplicably, neck deep in, well, YOU.
The YOU that knows these waters best but has graciously kept the others from viewing them, from helping for fear of being a burden.
Given how much you've held back, how much you've suppressed, anger, self righteousness, a hot sense of misdirected, possibly irrational vengeance starts making the stagnant pool of your emotions boil.
If you don't come to your senses, if another part of you (the one that remembers self forgiveness and self judgment) doesn't wrench you free from that pool, the others will suffer terribly.
It's a gift for those around an INFJ (ex. friends, significant others, family members) to seek them out especially for their tenderness, understanding, achievements through hard work and encouragement. Hence, the Protectors.
But a protector who has forgotten to take time out to both care and protect themselves and now seeks retribution? It's like a hero and villain are attempting to play chess while sharing a single mind: the villain has decided to run with the hero's gifts and forgotten to take along the heart, which insulates and founds our intentions with others.
In other words, an INFJ who puts so much store by valuing the whole of another person, to seek out authenticity in others and protect it, becomes the anti-self of their wonderful gifts. Their own villain.
And there's friendly fire everywhere.
So, get a good night's sleep and avoid caffeine.
Don't Hulk out, like I have. When you feel the surge of green, take a nap and change the scene.

@iconoclasticvisionary I understand what you mean! Andrew would be the perfect example of sustained suppression and sudden projection of all he has bottled up and kept from those who meant to help (for instance, his cousin in the film). Wonderful example!

·
Registered
475 Posts
What does and INFJ "gone bad" think/act like?

I think "gone bad" INFJs would bitterly point out and critisize the poor use of grammar in your thread title.

Other than that:
they're antisocial, bipolar, confusing, childish, angry all the time, irritable, stare you down with a death gaze if they don't like you, nasty, looking for a fight a lot (the guy ones at least), bitter, sarcastic, and bitterly sarcastic.

Think of any synonym for negative, and chances are its a "gone bad" INFJ.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Closed off. Deceptive in words and phrases when choosing to speak. Vindictive, will hold grudges and looks for grudges to hold. Does not forget any perceived slights. Takes every perceived action against them and internalizes it in a negative way.

I sound like I am insane. Geez

1 - 20 of 52 Posts