Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My sweet ENFPs!

What does Ne (Extraverted Intuition) means to you??

Some definitions of Extroverted Intuition Activity:-
  • When we try to change our opinions/views to accomodate abstract external information (and not being judgmental)
  • When we generate Abstract Information Externally by deriving connection and possibilities between external observations
  • When we have a flexible opinion on external things. We try to change our existing views to accomodate the new information (open Minded)

Reactions: sean.m.54

·
Registered
815 Posts
I've been doing a lot of reading on functions lately (with the help of my PerC friends) and for Ne, I think I have realized I use it for the following:

* brainstorming---throwing out random ideas and seeing which ones stick or how I can manipulate them to be better
* improvising
* copying the non-verbal communication of people I am with
* getting people enthused about stuff because I'm enthusiastic!

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've been doing a lot of reading on functions lately (with the help of my PerC friends) and for Ne, I think I have realized I use it for the following:

* brainstorming---throwing out random ideas and seeing which ones stick or how I can manipulate them to be better
* improvising
* copying the non-verbal communication of people I am with
* getting people enthused about stuff because I'm enthusiastic!
Interesting,

Most of the stuff you explain are external orientation, i.e. being present. Unlike Ni users, like myself, we tend to live in our own world

I like the improv idea and it does make sense. I know a lot of standup comedians are ENTPs. Do you find yourself able to tell jokes like ENTPs as well?

·
Registered
815 Posts
Interesting,

Most of the stuff you explain are external orientation, i.e. being present. Unlike Ni users, like myself, we tend to live in our own world

I like the improv idea and it does make sense. I know a lot of standup comedians are ENTPs. Do you find yourself able to tell jokes like ENTPs as well?
I have pretty good comedic timing when not under pressure to be funny. I wasn't very good at improv when I was on the improv team in high school though because I couldn't stay in the present moment. I was too worried about actually being funny that I was thinking ahead, which doesn't really work in this scenario.

Most of the improvising I do has to do with speeches and things of that nature. Often I won't prepare for oral presentations for my classes because I do better just having a vague idea of what I will talk about and then winging it.

·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts
Interesting,

My jokes are usually better than the ENTPs. Just saying...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts