Personality Cafe banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read quite a bit about my own tertiary function (Fi), and I've seen threads asking what dominant Ni looks like. Never seen a description of tertiary Ni though, for example in an ISTP + stress

·
Registered
535 Posts
I dunno, some bright idea popping up in my mind after spending some time troubleshooting?

Or an example, I see this thing going at this speed and in this direction. I could figure out the source and the destination of that thing. Probably also the reason of it if I had more info.

So I would say it looks like an idea of how this method or item would affect the object that I am working on even before acting on it based on its attributes.

I still think my description of tert Ni is affected by my usage of Ti/Se. Would give more personal examples if I can even remember them.

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
For me, Ni has to be allowed to work in the background. If I focus on trying to solve a problem, I just sit there, spinning my wheels, getting more and more frustrated, and more and more paralyzed, and unable to come up with any solution. When I find that happening, I find it best to put the problem aside, and best of all, to sleep on it. Almost invariably, in the morning, when I wake up, I have the solution in my head. Also, with focusing on Ni, I can get into an Fi-Ni loop, which you are probably familiar with.

I can't steer or control or guide my Ni--just let it do its thing out of sight. That's best, IMO. I wonder if Fi is the same for you?

·
Registered
ILI
5,652 Posts
To get a good idea of tertiary Ni, definitely watch a Sherlock Holmes film :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts