Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Banned
3,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Music often expresses many aspects of life. The sadness of the loss of a loved one can easily be found in Gustav Mahler's work. Joy, beauty, love, romance, and power can be found in many of Beethoven's pieces. Elegance, excitement, energy, and enthusiasm can be found in Mozart's. A grunge song can sound like your angst and frustration. A heavy metal song can sound like your anger and frustration. A lullaby can sound soothing. In all types of music, different aspects of life can be found.

Now what would an INTP's mind sound like, if it were expressed through music?
What would Introverted Thinking, primarily, sound like? How about Ne? How about them both?
If you have ideas, post them!

I will start.

I chose these because they sound logical, refined, and elegant (which is how I feel internally).

The Bach piece sounds like learning and knowledge in general, to me.
Mozart sounds elegant, refined, and sophisticated.
Vivaldi sounds very logical and elegant, what I think of Ti.
Karl Jenkins Palladio sounds very elegant and the movements are logical.

So, let's see what you guys can muster!

·
Banned
4,508 Posts
For me..... Ne sounds something like this. I'm curious if you all relate.

this is rather raw Ne though.... for me. Even the video kind of symbolizes the way Ne works. How they are.... moving very fast and covering lots of territory.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
For me..... Ne sounds something like this. I'm curious if you all relate.

this is rather raw Ne though.... for me. Even the video kind of symbolizes the way Ne works. How they are.... moving very fast and covering lots of territory.
It's more like Ne gone crazy! Seems more like a symbolization of ADD and/or ADHD rather than regular Ne. rotfl

·
Banned
3,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
1. Muse sounds interesting. I can somewhat see how that sounds Ti.
2. I can see how acoustic curves sounds Ti.
3. Head Like a Hole sounds very INTP.
4. The last video sounds like Ne gone completely mad!

If I was going to use a Muse song to express an INTP, I'd use this one:

To express Ne, I'd use this Muse song:

And when I was young, this song appealed to my Ti greatly (among many other Michael Jackson songs):
There's a simple logical nature to the song.

And Eleanor Rigby, by the Beatles (only the strings, as I think it sounds more Ti without the lyrics -- but the lyrics sound great as well):

·
Registered
290 Posts
I would have to say these songs..

Alot of Kid Cudi's tracks for some reason. Plus the funky beats gets to me. Sometimes i just go outside when its cold, lay down and just look up at the stars and get lost into the music.

·
Banned
3,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Critix: I would say that any Dawkin/Sagan science song sounds more like an INTJ.
lol

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Look at my signature. There's a link there to some songs that make me feel some emotions and/or sound awesome. Unlike most of you guys (probably) I like singing in my music. At least a bit of it.

Note: Some of them may not sound good to you. If this happens, skip it. Also, most of them are old (to me anyway), but were in the mainstream at their respective time periods, therefor you may have heard of some of them.

Note 2: I think there is one repeat of a song in there, if you can find it please tell me. Also... how the hell did Blister in the Sun get in there? Skip that please.

Comment, or the girl gets it! Oh wait, your're all INTPs, you probably wouldn't care....

·
Registered
244 Posts
I can't post or embed links yet, so if someone could get the code for Robyn & Röyksopp - The Girl and the Robot (Davide Rossi Re-Interpretation) from youtube and put it her I'd appreciate it.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts