Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry if this question comes off slightly retarded. Would love some feedback. And hello everyone! I'm obviously new here, so sorry if I'm breaking any sort of rules or code. Just wondering what the best match is supposed to be for an INTJ male (if the sex matters)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So....how are YOU doing?

Joke. ;p

Thanks though! I'll take anyone else's feedback too!

edit* On the the typelogic website, it says that the ENTP is the INTJ's contrast relationship type, and the ENFP is the INTJ's Pedagogue type, like a mentor/student child/parent relationship, but to each other though. The INFJ shows its the INTJ's "Companion" relationship type. Is this website respected at all on here? Coming from this site, it would seem like the companion would be the best fit. Can someone explain this better? Sorry if it doesn't seem like I'm making any sense at all. It's slightly difficult for me to get my thoughts out into words. Hope someone can grasp what I'm trying to say and ask.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My favorite food is my favorite food. My favorite movie is my favorite movie! My favorite band is my favorite band!!!

I don't understand what the point of your post was.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've always enjoyed this version better. Well, since 2002 when it came out.

youtube.com/watch?v=34-lvMf_sMY (i can't post actual links yet)

On second thought, it's really not an opinion. The link I provided is factually better.

·
Registered
5,271 Posts
ENFP or ENTP. Here's the explanation of the theory I read from other site:

Opposites attract: The E/I-J/P or the first and last letters of the 4 MBTI preferences is what we call the "attitudes". They say that your opposite attitude is the most suited for you because there is growth in it. She'd grow with you and you'd grow with her too. You will fill what she lacks, and she will give you the missing part of your personality.

Birds of the same feather flock together: Here we are talking about the most dominant or strongest function. Function is the middle 2 letters of 4 MBTI preferences. In your case, NT. INTJ's strongest function is Intuition. If you pair yourself with someone who has the same strongest function, it's like the two of you have unspoken understanding. ENTP and ENFP's strongest function is extraverted Intuition.

So that's it. Upon my own experience and from the experience of others, it has a lot of truth in it.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
All that being said there are pitfalls in any type arrangement. It's up to the individuals involved to be aware of their own shortcomings relationship wise and work around it. Improve yourself and it doesn't matter if the relationship doesn't go smoothly.

Reactions: Go Ogle

·
Registered
757 Posts
I don't think the opposite "E/I and P/J" system for dating is truly accurate. A lot of the time a person in a relationship can be complimented by something they need from a relationship and something that will help them develop and meet common goals. Perhaps being too alike might be a bit difficult and there's always flaws to that, but generally an INTJ will be best off with an ENTJ. Why? An ENTJ can use their Te skills to help express it to the INTJ, to which the INTJ can learn to develop it based on their environment and actually get something that they need externally. Obviously relationships need to be extroverted, because you're looking for something externally. An INTJ wouldn't necessarily want to be with an ENTP, because they have very different approaches, which might drain them out. Usually it would be better for an INTJ to date an ENTJ or a more developed Te INTJ or Ni (depending on which are opposite). An INTJ might compliment an ENTJ by helping them get in tune with their inner side. Regardless of Ni being an introverted function, an INTJ will still try to express a lot of their intuitive ideas, to which an ENTJ can gain understand their way. It is quite beneficial to be in that kind of relationship.

So to answer your question an INTJ's best relationship partner is an ENTJ.

Reactions: Go Ogle

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for this, Grunfur. This makes the most sense. Can you, or anyone else, possibly tell me how myself and an INFJ could be good/bad for each other? I think she's as close to perfect for me as I've ever had, but it's still rather early (only been dating a couple months) I had her take the test today, and retook it myself again. Still an INTJ, obv. and she's an INFJ, obviously.

Like I said earlier, it made me happy to see we were "companions" on the typelogic website.

edit* Also, how do I figure out if I'm a true INTJ or INTP? Theres a few questions that I'm on the fence about, depending on the day, or my mood, it could go either way. I change the answers around and I'll get INTP instead. What are the biggest differences between the 2 in an easy way to understand?

·
Registered
757 Posts
Thanks for this, Grunfur. This makes the most sense. Can you, or anyone else, possibly tell me how myself and an INFJ could be good/bad for each other? I think she's as close to perfect for me as I've ever had, but it's still rather early (only been dating a couple months) I had her take the test today, and retook it myself again. Still an INTJ, obv. and she's an INFJ, obviously.

Like I said earlier, it made me happy to see we were "companions" on the typelogic website.

edit* Also, how do I figure out if I'm a true INTJ or INTP? Theres a few questions that I'm on the fence about, depending on the day, or my mood, it could go either way. I change the answers around and I'll get INTP instead. What are the biggest differences between the 2 in an easy way to understand?
Yeah. There is a lot of misconception of personality type and relationships out there. I'm glad it makes sense to you.

INFJ and INTJ both have Ni and kinda share a lot of similar functions too, but approach things slightly different. So I guess you both can be considered very intuitive and pretty much thought/emotion oriented. I'm not sure if INFJ/INTJ are the BEST match, but there's definitely a lot of similarities and it could work if say an INFJ has a developed Ti.

Well... if you want to figure out if you're INTP or INTJ, the first advice I give you is: don't rely on those stupid tests. :tongue: It took me a while to determine my type, but the test typed me wrong. And from the start I didn't know incredibly a lot about myself. But these free online tests only use the letters which can be mixed up with what really is crucial; the cognitive functions. If you want to figure out you're type I'd suggest doing more research and introspection. Also, it would be helpful to ask people on this site as they tend to give some good advice. There might be some professional consultants who won't only give you 4 letters, but actually assess your cognitive functions. Ultimately you have to sum up what others and your own insight tells you.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
If you *are* an INTJ, I'll point out that I'm also in an INTJ-INFJ relationship (as are several other members on here) and it's fantastic. He's my best friend.

There are lots of theories about best matches (ENFP, ENTP, INFJ, ENTJ, INFP, ESFP...), but ultimately, best fit is completely subjective and depends entirely on each individual's needs; every relationship is unique and each will have its own strengths and weaknesses.

Typology can be a great tool for understanding where your partner is coming from, but being in a non-"ideal" relationship doesn't mean that you can never be happy together, just like being in an "ideal" relationship doesn't save you from driving each other crazy if neither one of you is willing to do any work.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Lol Go Ogle, calm down a bit :p

Personality types are to be taken with a grain of salt. There's no ONE solution, only theories on what works the best. If you like an INTJ, go for it! You both have the same dominant introverted intuition that you view the world with. But your feelings don't need to be validated by a personality compatibility test (or anyone on this site for that matter). Just go for what you feel is right.

·
Administrator
INTJ - ILI - 8w9 - Libtard
22,602 Posts
There is no "most compatible" type for INTJ. Personally I would find ENTP or ENFP to be not my type at all after doing the quiz preferences for types. If you find yourself surrounded by INFJs it's probably because you like those Ni chats.

MBT is great tool to figure how to understand people around you better but not really great for looking for types to get with. Perhaps throwing the bones, astrology or tarot will help find a partner compatible with you.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts