Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)

extraverted Sensing (Se) ********************************* (33.8)
good use
introverted Sensing (Si) ***************** (17.4)
limited use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ******************************************** (44.1)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************** (26.8)
average use
extraverted Thinking (Te) **************** (16.3)
limited use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ********************* (21.8)
limited use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ************************************* (37.9)
excellent use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ****************************************** (42.1)
excellent use

I always test NF, but sometimes I test I, sometimes E, and sometimes P and sometimes J. I think I'm a ENFP, with a low E and a low P.

I know I can't really trust tests like this one, but I read somewhere that if you have let's say Ne and Fe, you're mentally sick. I don't remember why, but no NF would have Ne and Fe and so on. So i'm a bit concerned that my highest functions are like this:
Ne, 44.1
Fi, 42.1
Fe, 37.9
Se, 33.9
Ni, 26.8
Ti, 21.8
Si, 17.4
Te, 16.3

I think ENFPs have Ne, Fi, Si, Te, right? Why is my Si lower than my Se, and my Te lower than my Ti? I guess they're lower because I use them less, but is that normal? If you take the first four "different" functions I would have Ne, Fi, Se, Ti, which is NOT normal, i know that. arggh, i'm so confused. Maybe I'm just weird, and this is normal....

please, can someone explain to me? :) thanks

·
Registered
737 Posts
I don't know about you, but perhaps you've evolved beyond the SJ, SP, NF and NT temperament.

Gasp...you're...a...god.

In all honesty, though, I don't know exactly how to explain this. Perhaps you should research the cognitive functions for ENFP and determine for yourself whether or not those 'fit you per se.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Some tests are bananas. First they rely on you understanding what they mean. Then they rely on you accurately assessing yourself.

Also you can use more than one function to do the same thing. It would be better to read the descriptions of functions elsewhere and then decide which ones you really do use.

·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts
We have all functions available to us. Make sure you take the tests as you really are instead of how you want to be. I am guessing since you are Ne dom and Fi auxiliary, you are ENFP. Tertiary functions come in later in life. How old are you?

I think a lot of us growing up have Fe to some extent, especially while we are still living under our parent's roofs.

Have you looked at the ENFP descriptions? Can you relate?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts