Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm aware that I do it, but I cant decide how much I use it. While I' working on determining my type, I'm doing my best to recognize functions in myself. I have pretty poor Fi and weak Te, and I recently learned about Fe and that I have a weak but developing sense of it. So coming to Ti dominants, what is an example of Ti or how does it feel.

·
Banned
5,168 Posts
You take the blue pill-- the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill-- you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes. You take both pills and I'm not really sure what will happen, though I have a few theories if you've got a few hours to spare.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
It feels like you're cumpulsively criticizing everything. Even while extroverting there is this sense that it is going on in the background. And often the way you have arrived at your criticism can be very difficult to explain.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Even phrasing it in terms of feelings doesn't make sense. It's just factual - what is. You just analyze things, think about things, process information, think about what is, what might be, what could be, what should be - how different inputs might have changed a situation, how things are made, patterns, data, systems, order, chaos, theories, musings - when someone asks you a question your mind thinks of every possible scenario and every possible answer... but particularly with dominant Ti you may never come to an answer because there is just so much information to consider.

Stuff like that.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Even phrasing it in terms of feelings doesn't make sense. It's just factual - what is. You just analyze things, think about things, process information, think about what is, what might be, what could be, what should be - how different inputs might have changed a situation, how things are made, patterns, data, systems, order, chaos, theories, musings - when someone asks you a question your mind thinks of every possible scenario and every possible answer... but particularly with dominant Ti you may never come to an answer because there is just so much information to consider.

Stuff like that.
Is there a better way to find my type or realize I have this function.

·
Registered
474 Posts
It's a background process, a passive measurement, it has no off switch. Everything and anything gets cut by its razor edge into tiny, tiny pieces.

I liken it to reading your intellectual Miranda rights.

"You have the right to remain analytical, anything you do can and will be used against you in a court of logic. You have the right to consult your sources, and we expect these sources to be present at the time of the trial, if you are unable to provide sources for your claim, then we will provide counter sources for you."

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
How old are you? I didn't have enough life experience to come to a firm conclusion until 22.
Read this.
I'm not an INTP, I am extroverted. I'm 16. I don't know if Ti is a function I use except when I really need to think about something intricate like the MBTI system and even then it seems noting like the things I'm getting from the types. I know you said you were 22 when you figured it out, but I need it. I really just want to figure out my life and why I feel the way do.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I think you need to go at it more holistically. If Ti is either at the bottom of your stack or not present at all, you are going to have a very hard to recognizing it in yourself, so it will be a waste of time trying to understand it. I would just recommend reading descriptions of all the types and narrowing down on 2 that sound most like you. At that point, read descriptions on the top two functions in each stack to try to figure out which you are.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think you need to go at it more holistically. If Ti is either at the bottom of your stack or not present at all, you are going to have a very hard to recognizing it in yourself, so it will be a waste of time trying to understand it. I would just recommend reading descriptions of all the types and narrowing down on 2 that sound most like you. At that point, read descriptions on the top two functions in each stack to try to figure out which you are.
Will do, I also have a type me thread that I just started. Your way will probably work better as I can only partially relate to the ones suggested.

·
Registered
397 Posts

Stuff like that.
I think thinking about every possible scenario is more of a Ne thing tho.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
I think thinking about every possible scenario is more of a Ne thing tho.
So long as it is subconsciously brought on by the environment. Sometimes it isn't though, or doesn't seem that way. This is why I have a tendency to think Ti and Fi reside within the domain of Ni and Si.

Reactions: Most Awesome Flyer

·
Registered
788 Posts
I guess it would be helpful if a Ti dom could write a small excerpt of how they experience the world, perhaps highlighting the bits that involve the use of Ti. And then maybe the OP can see how it relates to their experience of the world? Idk.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
I guess it would be helpful if a Ti dom could write a small excerpt of how they experience the world, perhaps highlighting the bits that involve the use of Ti. And then maybe the OP can see how it relates to their experience of the world? Idk.
great idea. do it.

1 - 20 of 117 Posts