Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What does trigger your emotions? And yeah, it does sometimes. Don't even try, you ain't a robot all the time ;)

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
I really hate racism.

I also hate when people assume they know what you or others believe.

I also hate narcissism.

I also hate the way our government and economic systems are structured.

So those are some things that can trigger a lot of anger and frustration and emotions in me. ..but I'm rather anti-conflict so I tend to remove my self from situations and avoid people that trigger me emotionally. If something triggers me emotionally I'm likely to get up and walk away or change the channel or whatever.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
What desire said...

I try to not get too political on my FB posts (I comment on threads but not on my actual posts) because I know there are people/relatives as friends who do not share my views and it is not worth the frustration. Yesterday I could not help it because I have several friends who are from Puerto Rico and have many of their family still living there (and still have not heard from them all) and the hypocrisy of how much attention was given to Texas who was relatively well off and had easy access to help people and lack of response to Puerto Rico (who I think the president is not aware is part of the US) is making me pretty worked up. Trump spent the weekend/Monday tweeting about NFL players silently protesting while his tweet about Puerto Rico was to remind them that they are in debt and owe the government money in similar rhetoric as his UN speech. He won't lift sanction so other countries can help and then are being taxed at high amounts for goods. Both of my close Puerto Rican friends fought in the army in the original Iraq War as US citizens and are extremely patriotic (I met them both in college where they were using their GI bill to get educated). The situation there is dire and people will die with lack of medicine (and refrigeration for their medicine), lack of clean water, electricity, sewage, and food. These are American citizens too, not some other country.

I'm getting worked up just writing this. Hypocrisy and injustice toward other people tend to get the most raw emotion out of me. Interesting enough, I rarely get worked up when the hypocrisy and injustice is aimed at me. I am more resolved to the misogyny I have witnessed personally and really do not get as worked up as I do about racism which I am not directly affected by. Weird.

·
Banned
4,281 Posts
Maltreatment of children. First and foremost.
I get so emotional and irrational I actually get confused
and can spiral into rage.

My Wife. She triggers every emotion I know of.
My kids, some extended family.

Myself. More so on a very personal level of judging
my actions and the motives attached to them. Big time shame.
I can be so ashamed of myself at times I actually verbalize it
with a grunt or groan. It almost hurts.

On a more physical level. Cereal. It is truly my comfort food
and not only fills my belly but also my spirits. It
honestly does incite feels in me. Strange to be sure yet true.

·
Registered
ENTP 8w7 sx/so
976 Posts
When I took painkillers for my migraine and my dog came over and just put his little paw on my leg and was like "Hello. Are you okay?" I was like Boom. Emotion. Oxytocin. So thaaat is how you access those things as an ENTP...

·
Registered
107 Posts
Fusion jazz - it triggers in me concurrent feelings of happiness and sadness and I have absolutely no clue as to why that is...

·
Registered
251 Posts
Myself. More so on a very personal level of judging
my actions and the motives attached to them. Big time shame.
I can be so ashamed of myself at times I actually verbalize it
with a grunt or groan. It almost hurts.
Dude, I get this all the time. I usually make a noise or recite an unhealthy mantra just to get it out of my head.

Reminds me of this:

Your Brain.jpg

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
What triggers my entp friend: being told what to do. Me avoiding her. Me not avoiding her. Injustice and poor treatment of another human being. Other than these, I truly couldn't say.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts