Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
I have a rocking chair covered in clothes, also a hope chest covered in clothes. The top of my dresser is a disaster area of exploded jewelry boxes. I have a half- empty bookcase because the other half of the books are on top of my nightstand in various stages of being read all at once. On my husband's side of the room, everything is neat as a pin.

·
Registered
INFP 4w5 sp
5,319 Posts
my room isn't toooo messy, although it is a little cluttered and dusty, and there is usually a pile of clothes in the corner. It's set up kind of like a maze and it's got ****** ceiling-walls so it's hard to take pictures of the whole thing. My bed has green curtains around it which are attached to the ceiling and hang down from there and the mattress is on the floor because having an actual bed would be too tall to fit well under that short ****** roof.

anyways here's a couple pictures I posted in a similar thread:

I love sitting here. I like to cover my walls with pretty pictures :D

you can see the door to the room there - yes it is situated diagonally in the corner.

this last one is taken sitting on my bed looking at my closet door.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
@aelthwhyn LOVE LOVE LOVE it!! LOVE

I don't know how to upload photos....must figure this out. I think I have a panoramic pic of my living room somewhere. :) I am a little eclectic.

Edit: AND my hubby thought I was nuts for hanging christmas lights in the dining room. :)

·
Registered
302 Posts
my room isn't toooo messy, although it is a little cluttered and dusty, and there is usually a pile of clothes in the corner. It's set up kind of like a maze and it's got ****** ceiling-walls so it's hard to take pictures of the whole thing. My bed has green curtains around it which are attached to the ceiling and hang down from there and the mattress is on the floor because having an actual bed would be too tall to fit well under that short ****** roof.

anyways here's a couple pictures I posted in a similar thread:

I love sitting here. I like to cover my walls with pretty pictures :D

you can see the door to the room there - yes it is situated diagonally in the corner.

this last one is taken sitting on my bed looking at my closet door.
SO WONDERFUL! If I weren't still living with my parents (moving out in the fall!), I would have my place decked out like that. It's so magical! Your desk area is very 'wizardly' is that makes sense :p

Reactions: Aelthwyn

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Mine swings back and forth between "disastrous mess" and "neurotically tidy". Sort of like my life, really. Haha.

As for the specifics of the room... well, the floor is light wood and the walls are painted light blue. It's a relatively small room but it has eight windows -- tall, narrow ones that pretty much cover two complete walls. As a result, it gets a lot of light (which is nice sometimes) and isn't very well insulated. In the summer, it's like living in a greenhouse; I keep the blinds drawn nearly all the time to keep as much sun out as possible. I'd love to have them open, but it really is impossible. It's sweltering if you let the sun in. And in the winter... well, it's like living in a damn refrigerator. Haha. I love the look of my room, but it's really impractical as far as keeping the temperature reasonable. The house was built in the 1880s though, so I guess that should be expected.

Let's see... there's a desk in there as well, near one of the rows of windows. My bed is pretty simple; my dad built it for me, actually. There's a large-ish closet, a chest of drawers (with my tarantula's terrarium on top) and several things hanging over my bed: a concert poster signed by my favourite musician; a huge Che Guevara poster that says "Viva La Revolución"; a framed photograph I took many years ago, looking out over the lake at my aunt and uncle's summer cottage; and a painting of a girl playing some sort of a pipe-like instrument in the middle of the woods, with a bunch of little mythical creatures (fairies and such, I guess) dancing around her feet. I've got a bunch of random knick-knacks lining the window sills; candle holders, an old licence plate from the 1930s (I used to have an obsession with the 30s when I was younger), various carved wooden thingamajigs... haha.

I like my room a lot more when it's tidy... unfortunately, it rarely is. :p

Edit: Oh! Almost forgot! I have a string of little white twinkly lights hanging above all the windows. They look awesome at night. :) Also a big Canadian flag on one wall... that has a pot leaf in the centre of it instead of a maple leaf. Hahaha. :ninja:

·
Registered
INFP 4w5 sp
5,319 Posts
SO WONDERFUL! If I weren't still living with my parents (moving out in the fall!), I would have my place decked out like that. It's so magical! Your desk area is very 'wizardly' is that makes sense :p
thank you! :D That is the look I'm going for, hehe. ^_^

I have a string of little white twinkly lights hanging above all the windows. They look awesome at night. :)
I love twikle-lights! They are my preferred light-source. I used to have them strung up across my ceiling, but alas they died and I didn't get aorund to buying more at christmas before they were all sold out :( ...haven't gotten around to looking since then so I have to make do with my little lamps.
I know how you feel with going between sweltering and fridgid - that's what my place is like too. it's an older house with pretty much no insulation. The sun bakes through the roof in the summer, but the roof doesn't seem to hold any of it in in the winter either. ug.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
I love twikle-lights! They are my preferred light-source. I used to have them strung up across my ceiling, but alas they died and I didn't get aorund to buying more at christmas before they were all sold out :( ...haven't gotten around to looking since then so I have to make do with my little lamps.
My twinkly lights are currently my only source of light right now as I sit here typing. :) I have a lamp in the room as well, but rarely turn it on unless I need the extra light for some particular reason.

I know how you feel with going between sweltering and fridgid - that's what my place is like too. it's an older house with pretty much no insulation. The sun bakes through the roof in the summer, but the roof doesn't seem to hold any of it in in the winter either. ug.
Yeah, ugh is right. It's worth it to live in this place, though. Probably come summer, we'll put in the air-conditioner. It was late in the season last year when we moved in (from another apartment in the same building -- short distance!) and we just didn't bother putting in the a/c. I barely spent any time in the bedroom over the winter, though... unless it was with lots of blankets. Most nights were spent sleeping on the window seat in the living room (which is directly over a heater), and I moved my laptop to the kitchen table for the season, haha.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I left the walls the original boring off-white-beige color, because I just couldn't summon up the will to paint them. But if I could have painted them, I would have the walls behind the TV and couch a nice ivy-green color. Accent walls rock.

Aside from that, every surface is covered with crap. Sometimes I actually am able to clear the clutter, but it's right back the next week. I have a couch that is as large as a twin-sized bed and super comfortable (I decided if I had someone--my brother--who needed to runaway here, I'd make sure they had a good place to sleep...plus I love giant couches). It's this bronzed, brown earth tone with green and burnt sienna pillows. The end tables, bar stools, and coffee table have an organic, modern, abstract shape to them. The wood is a dark brown. All my tables in the living room are glass topped to help increase the sense of space in this otherwise small room. Next to the TV stand is a leaning bookshelf which is full of books...the TV stand underneath is also filled with books, so is the box in the corner. On the walls are abstract paintings that have a kind of grungy natural, floral bent. I got rid of my blinds and put up shear curtains to let in light while maintaining privacy. Those are two blue with one white in the middle. My cat's cat tree sits in front of the curtains in front of the windows with my filing cabinet and desk next to that.

The bedroom is less decorated (I spend less time in there, and what time I do spend is when I'm unconscious). The woods in here are a lighter, honey color and the furniture has a more geometric bent. Still natural, but more angular. I have a drawing table covered in junk and art supplies. There are shear curtains in here two, though they're two green with one white one with a brown vine pattern.

I have the default carpet that came with the apartment. I hate it. I'd rather have bare wood floors or berber carpet...both of which are easier to clean and remove stains from.

When I planned on moving here, I worked hard on getting the color scheme right. The main colors in all rooms are neutrals, so I can change my accent colors at any time. Though generally, the rooms are predominated by greens and browns, with snatches of blues pulled through the paintings and curtains. I was rather proud of my interior decorative abilities...

Anyway, I generally don't like too many things pinned on the walls anymore. @Aelthwyn 's room would give me a migraine. That's just too much busy stuff everywhere. Though I approve of the Lothlorien painting copy and what looks like a scene from the Hobbit with the dwarves in Bilbo's house. :wink:

·
Registered
INFP 4w5 sp
5,319 Posts
@Aelthwyn 's room would give me a migraine. That's just too much busy stuff everywhere. Though I approve of the Lothlorien painting copy and what looks like a scene from the Hobbit with the dwarves in Bilbo's house. :wink:
haha! ...yeah, I loooove 'busy-ness' more than just about anyone I know, most people are too overwhelmed by it. I really like having tons of details all around that I can randomly scrutinize. I have this wierd abhorance of open/empty space. Which brings me to another point about my room that most people can't deal with- the air is thick and stuffy and smells vaguely of books. I love stuffy rooms because they feel more quiet and cozy to me.

Anyways, I like your colour-scheme - your place sounds really pretty! I'd love to have some walls painted green here, but the landlord doesn't want us to change the paint, sigh....so I'm stuck with white and baby-blue which I have attempted to cover.

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
I, too, as we speak, am only illuminated by twinkle lights, purchased during the Christmas season. I stock up every year because I know they die quickly.

Damn. They should sell twinkle lights in stores year-round because clearly the NF market would be enough to keep them constantly disappearing from the shelves, even in July. :p

As for my room... well... you just don't want to know.

·
Registered
INFP 4w5 sp
5,319 Posts
That is so cool!
:D yeah I really like this room - it's not just a normal rectangle room

Damn. They should sell twinkle lights in stores year-round because clearly the NF market would be enough to keep them constantly disappearing from the shelves, even in July. :p
YES!!!

......and if any of you knows where I can get actual purple ones, not pink ones mascarading as 'purple' let me know? ^_^

1 - 20 of 34 Posts