Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see a lot of interesting Usernames on this forum and I'm just wondering what they mean. I believe everyone has a reason (or even a story) for choosing them. Some may even have special significance.

For mine, Hikaru translates as 光 (light) in Japanese which also means "to shine". I chose it because it has the same meaning as my real name, and I love the sound 'Hi-ka-ru'.

How about yours? Why do you choose your Username? :proud:

·
Banned
5,331 Posts
Mine's from Turismo.
As in Gran Turismo.
It's a game.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Saw a picture of myself from when I was about 2/3 years old either earlier the day I signed up or the previous day, and in the photograph I was wearing an ugly hat with a big flower on the front. I remember wanting to pick a username that was uncomplicated and easy to remember; somehow, "Flower Hat" had stuck in my head, and so I went with that.

·
Registered
My vehicle is INFP, 9w8. Vroom vroom!!
1,630 Posts
I wanted to choose a username that tells something important about who I am.

Whenever others are dragging their feet or are afraid of something, I step out and do what needs to be done with a surprising and often unshakeable courage. I'm not a person who is the first to volunteer for anything ever, so the way I can act bravely and decisively is a bit surprising to me. I like to mull over my choices, choose carefully, and have the freedom to choose something else, but, heck, if someone is having trouble, I'm right there to get the ball rolling. I often feel the opposite of what others feel, and I normally feel a bit alienated from them. But in times of trouble, it's a huge advantage because I can have a clear head, and I can question the man.

So when the world falls down, I'm not afraid. I've got a job to do. Currently I'm very unafraid of terrorists and mass shooters. They are the lowest and most powerless of humanity, so they go out and kill others and themselves to feel powerful and in control. It only shows how weak they are. I'm not afraid of them because they don't have the authority to end someone's life. They end up doing it anyway, but they don't have the authority to do it. They don't have the authority to make me afraid of them either. It just doesn't compute. I'm going to live my life with all the security and control they wish they had, and I'm going to lead others when they struggle and help them not to lose hope.

From an MBTI standpoint, it might be Fi teaming up with my inferior Te, but whatevs. That's what my username is all about. And it's also encouragement for me to step out for myself as well as for others. It's encouragement to go try that thing or ask that question or have that disagreement. It's my name now, and I should wear it out!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Mine's literal. It represents a hesitation accompanied by an unwavering conviction to step out from the crowd and follow my own truth. It also suggests that I sometimes fall in line and do what is expected, but that I'm not reliable in this position. I will always break free again and disappoint/impress you.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's interesting to hear all these stories behind your usernames. Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
740 Posts
I wanted to choose a username that tells something important about who I am.

Whenever others are dragging their feet or are afraid of something, I step out and do what needs to be done with a surprising and often unshakeable courage. I'm not a person who is the first to volunteer for anything ever, so the way I can act bravely and decisively is a bit surprising to me. I like to mull over my choices, choose carefully, and have the freedom to choose something else, but, heck, if someone is having trouble, I'm right there to get the ball rolling. I often feel the opposite of what others feel, and I normally feel a bit alienated from them. But in times of trouble, it's a huge advantage because I can have a clear head, and I can question the man.

So when the world falls down, I'm not afraid. I've got a job to do. Currently I'm very unafraid of terrorists and mass shooters. They are the lowest and most powerless of humanity, so they go out and kill others and themselves to feel powerful and in control. It only shows how weak they are. I'm not afraid of them because they don't have the authority to end someone's life. They end up doing it anyway, but they don't have the authority to do it. They don't have the authority to make me afraid of them either. It just doesn't compute. I'm going to live my life with all the security and control they wish they had, and I'm going to lead others when they struggle and help them not to lose hope.

From an MBTI standpoint, it might be Fi teaming up with my inferior Te, but whatevs. That's what my username is all about. And it's also encouragement for me to step out for myself as well as for others. It's encouragement to go try that thing or ask that question or have that disagreement. It's my name now, and I should wear it out!
o_0 this whole entire post looks like i wrote it!

you'll never guess what my username means. not in a million years. it's written in a foreign language and is so nuanced, so subtle, and so difficult to translate into english that you're pretty much just guaranteed to fail. 8)

·
Registered
My vehicle is INFP, 9w8. Vroom vroom!!
1,630 Posts
o_0 this whole entire post looks like i wrote it!

you'll never guess what my username means. not in a million years. it's written in a foreign language and is so nuanced, so subtle, and so difficult to translate into english that you're pretty much just guaranteed to fail. 8)
0_o Say... You wouldn't also happen to be a diminutive feline with a whimsically pigmented coat, would you? If you look like me, and we write the same way, maybe we're long lost clones!!

Reactions: ENFPurpleKitti

·
Registered
740 Posts
0_o Say... You wouldn't also happen to be a diminutive feline with a whimsically pigmented coat, would you? If you look like me, and we write the same way, maybe we're long lost clones!!
maybe we are. ;)

Reactions: ButIHaveNoFear

·
Registered
101 Posts
Mine just tells you who I am in a nutshell. People see it and they're like, "Oh, THAT'S who you are, okay... Bye-Bye, honey", and I really just how I feel deep inside! Nothing specual!

1 - 20 of 91 Posts