Personality Cafe banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
I fit with these. I want to know everything I can and experience as much as I can and achieve. I'd also like to make people happier and help them with their lives but that's up to them.
For me the helping people never is really something that I set out to do but i'm always drawn to do so. It's like my need to help people is kind of in the background always coming up at good and bad times. I guess we all though want to help people with our inventions or creative projects or whatever else we all do. Never really thought about that one though.

·
Banned
998 Posts
For me the helping people never is really something that I set out to do but i'm always drawn to do so. It's like my need to help people is kind of in the background always coming up at good and bad times. I guess we all though want to help people with our inventions or creative projects or whatever else we all do. Never really thought about that one though.
When it comes to helping people, there is quite a difference between why I do it as opposed to an INFJ, for example.

The INFJ would help a person out because they genuinely care about that person and feels it is their duty to help that person. I don't have this feeling at all.

I help someone out because I see that they have a problem and I can solve their problem in a simple and effective way. Whether I care about the person or not isn't really a factor. Personal gain is a bigger factor. I gain energy from problem solving. Making money is also a factor, but not a necessity. Their emotions is not. If I don't see a logical reason to help them I won't.

·
Registered
722 Posts
When it comes to helping people, there is quite a difference between why I do it as opposed to an INFJ, for example.

The INFJ would help a person out because they genuinely care about that person and feels it is their duty to help that person. I don't have this feeling at all.

I help someone out because I see that they have a problem and I can solve their problem in a simple and effective way. Whether I care about the person or not isn't really a factor. Personal gain is a bigger factor. I gain energy from problem solving. Making money is also a factor, but not a necessity. Their emotions is not. If I don't see a logical reason to help them I won't.
Your absolutely right about that one actually. I never really thought about it so much in that sense. I can have no emotional attachment to someone and want to help them sometimes just for the challenge although there are rare times where I feel sorry for a person I don't know such as realizing where a disabled person is going, realizing they will need help getting there and helping them without being asked or buying a homeless person food (although it was once and for some reason I thought the person was either dead, dying or hurt and it affected me which was odd for me).

I guess that I sometimes can genuinely care about someone but the majority of the time when I help someone it is usually based on logic and my ability to help them. If I wasn't so excited about proving that I can solve their unsolvable problem then alot of people wouldn't receive my help.

Sometimes I go by the rule well i'd want someone to help me and I have the ability to help them so I will and once I start helping them. I become obsessed with being able to prove that I am competent and can solve their problems when no one else can.

Sometimes I even do it just because I feel like I can introduce the person to logical thinking and that perhaps they will learn something after I help them lol.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
So then guys and gals of the ENTP forum, what would happen if someone altered your mind to where you were at an SJs level of creativity and adventure? How would you all react?
Interesting. I guess I would just become catatonic. The lack of creativity and adventure means that something else is required to give life purpose.So unless this magical mind change came with an oppressive sense of duty, there wouldn't be much point in getting out of bed in the morning.

All personality types have some kind of balance, don't they. If we got the oppressive sense of duty alongside the creativity and love of the spontaneous, we'd probably auto-combust*.

I like this about the MB system, this balance. Every personality type works.

*yeah, what with the job and the mortgage, I sometimes do come close.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
So then guys and gals of the ENTP forum, what would happen if someone altered your mind to where you were at an SJs level of creativity and adventure? How would you all react?
I've tried that in the past on myself. It's like wearing one's shoes on the wrong feet while trying to run a marathon. I gave up when it started to hurt too much and wondered what the hell I had been trying to prove.

You can stay wild and crazy under the surface while rendering unto Caesar. It just take practice.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts